NFL 2010 season (any takes?)

silvermedalist

Totally disagree with you. How can you say he's not an NFL caliber QB when he's already been in the league four years ? I agree his future isn't with us, but quarterbacks who can run are great backups. There's practice players and there are gamers. Stanton is a gamer, and his arm is a lot stronger than Sean Hill's. Hill is the only guy I've ever seen throw a five yard out with an arc on the ball. Stanton also did a great job of protecting the football. Just one interception or sack fumble and we would have lost.

okay. Everyone in Detroit is riding the Stanton gravy train today. It has been a long time since this team won on the road and two in a row. I get it, but I still say if he's left off of the Lions roster next year, he'll be pressed to find a spot on another teams roster. And like I said, he had a good game yesterday, so I'll give him his due. All I can add to that is, wait until Stafford gets healthy. If he has that kind of team support, he'll put up numbers that Detroiters haven't seen since.............well, a long, long time.

Add my Buffalo Bills to the list of teams to watch out for next year. Things are going to be different. Only two teams have more wins in the second half of the season. Buffalo is on the rise. When they get their injured back and get a good defenseive lineman and a backup qb they will be in the race.

I would agree with you, except you're in the best division in football right now. Don't see the Pats or Jets falling too far, and the Dolphins are also on the rise. Good luck.

PS: Are the Giants the dumbest team right now? "Miracle at the Meadowlands II" Their fans must be sick about now.

I would agree with you, except you're in the best division in football right now. Don't see the Pats or Jets falling too far, and the Dolphins are also on the rise. Good luck.

PS: Are the Giants the dumbest team right now? "Miracle at the Meadowlands II" Their fans must be sick about now.

Samchez is a phony. The Jets will go down. The Pats will be a contender as long as Billy boy and brady are there. But the Bills are set to challenge them soon. Very soon. Miami are pretenders too. We have a depleted lineup and went in there and beat those chumps with half our roster in tack. Chumps. Fish.

I think the Brett Favre soap opera is officially over. Ride off into the sunset Brett. Hope you can mend the damage you have done to your marrriage? How can Minnesota look so bad one week and good another week? Well, there will be no playoffs for them. This week I say Dallas will hand Arizona their behinds. Like San Diego to whack Cincy but good. I will stick with the Atlanta Falcons and take them over the Saints in the game of the week. Maybe, just maybe the Bills will be able to upset New England. If they had their injured guys like Evans I would like their chances. but I dont know. And I am watching them go higher and higher on the draft. Carolina is a cinch now for the first pick. Now we have Cincy and Detroiit who we beat that could draft ahead of us. May be better to lose these last two. Indy at the Raiders should be interesting. We will see ifi the Raiders can play with a contender.

okay. Everyone in Detroit is riding the Stanton gravy train today. It has been a long time since this team won on the road and two in a row. I get it, but I still say if he's left off of the Lions roster next year, he'll be pressed to find a spot on another teams roster. And like I said, he had a good game yesterday, so I'll give him his due. All I can add to that is, wait until Stafford gets healthy. If he has that kind of team support, he'll put up numbers that Detroiters haven't seen since.............well, a long, long time.

Oh I'm not arguing that Stanton should replace Stafford or even be on our team. I'm just pointing out that he just earned himself a 2-3 year contract with somebody in this league. He was a 2nd round draft pick that we traded up to get. That he's going to walk away as a free agent is just another black mark on the Millen era. He was mistreated and cast aside by Mike Martz from day one. I don't even want to see the list of players we could have taken instead. None of that is his fault though. You never know what you really have until they get a fair chance to play.

Oh I'm not arguing that Stanton should replace Stafford or even be on our team. I'm just pointing out that he just earned himself a 2-3 year contract with somebody in this league. He was a 2nd round draft pick that we traded up to get. That he's going to walk away as a free agent is just another black mark on the Millen era. He was mistreated and cast aside by Mike Martz from day one. I don't even want to see the list of players we could have taken instead. None of that is his fault though. You never know what you really have until they get a fair chance to play.

and it's nice to see the controversy is over the back up QB and not the starter as it has been so many times in the past. There was a guy who called into 97.1 The Ticket during Doug Karsch's show and said he went way back to Eric Hipple and Chuck Long, and I thought, this dude doesn't know what going way back is. I remember Karl Sweetan and Milt Plum fighting for the starting spot. Hell, I ever remember when Earl Morrall QB'd the Lions and they played the Bears at Wrigley Field and the Niners at Kezar Stadium. Now that's a ways back.

and it's nice to see the controversy is over the back up QB and not the starter as it has been so many times in the past. There was a guy who called into 97.1 The Ticket during Doug Karsch's show and said he went way back to Eric Hipple and Chuck Long, and I thought, this dude doesn't know what going way back is. I remember Karl Sweetan and Milt Plum fighting for the starting spot. Hell, I ever remember when Earl Morrall QB'd the Lions and they played the Bears at Wrigley Field and the Niners at Kezar Stadium. Now that's a ways back.

Remember when Morrill played for the Colts in 68 and thew those flea flickers with Tom Matte? Great games in those days. I have not heard Milt Plums name in a long time. I had a chance to go freeze my ass off at this weekends Bills and New England game. No thanks. Next year Ill go for sure. Better days ahead for us. The writing is on the wall.

The 49ers. Pretty much a sad death in a sad division.

Maybe next year.

:mellow:

New coach there for sure. As for Buffalo, the defensive line is the glaring weakness. The draft order will be set next week. I am saying Atlanta and Philly for the NFC title, but not counting Green Bay out entirely. AFC sure looks like New England. Theh team they will have to worry about is probably Baltimore but I just dont see New England losing until the Super Bowl where I like Atlanta or Philly right now.

Hi all,

Silver,what the hell happened yesterday? First possession,run,run,run,right down our throats!Then they abandon that? :blink:

KB

Its called DRAFT A DEFENSIVE LINEMAN THAT CAN STUFF THE FUCKING RUN YOU DUMB ASS'S!!!!!!!:wall: Next year things shall be different for sure. Singletary the poor bastard did not make it out of the locker room. The Axe fell and it should have fallen months ago. Go Rams!!! Ha.

ahahahahahahahahahahaha

funny

Well who do you like fella? New England I suppose. Them or the Saints are about the only other teams you could make a case for. Or maybe Green Bay? That is it. Just because Atlanta lost a game on a fumble to New Orleans does not mean shit. Wait until they play in the playoffs. Atlanta has the best defense in the NFL right now. Ill go with Atlanta. But I do fear Philly and Green Bay a little. It sure seems like New England is a cinch in the AFC? I cant believe the Rams and Seahawks will play one game for a division title. What a joke. But it makes for a good game to watch I suppose. I hope the Rams win

Hi all,

Its called DRAFT A DEFENSIVE LINEMAN THAT CAN STUFF THE FUCKING RUN YOU DUMB ASS'S!!!!!!!:wall:

Silver,what I meant was the Bills were running very well against the Pats(64 yds on the first drive),then abandoned the run for passing(?!)

I expected a closer game,....

KB

Well who do you like fella? New England I suppose. Them or the Saints are about the only other teams you could make a case for. Or maybe Green Bay? That is it. Just because Atlanta lost a game on a fumble to New Orleans does not mean shit. Wait until they play in the playoffs. Atlanta has the best defense in the NFL right now. Ill go with Atlanta. But I do fear Philly and Green Bay a little. It sure seems like New England is a cinch in the AFC? I cant believe the Rams and Seahawks will play one game for a division title. What a joke. But it makes for a good game to watch I suppose. I hope the Rams win

bradsfeelin.jpg

no....even better

Brady and his merry band of midgets are right there

expect a new cover story that mirrors this one from the chumps at S I

and don't even bother with that 'Giants" bullshit

lets just say 4 outta five ain't bad B)

bradsfeelin.jpg

no....even better

Brady and his merry band of midgets are right there

expect a new cover story that mirrors this one from the chumps at S I

and don't even bother with that 'Giants" bullshit

lets just say 4 outta five ain't bad B)

It kills me all the New England fans that have come out of the woodwork in the last ten years. When the day comes and its over, are they still going to be fans? No way. They will jump on the next bandwagon. Just make sure its not one that comes out of Buffalo. There is no room on it for phony fans. I will give Cleveland fans credit, they are like Toronto fans in hockey. Loyal no matter what. By the way, Im not calling you a bandwagon fan just because I quoted your post. I dont have enough info to do that. But there are plenty of them out there. Funny thing is, as a Bills fan, I dont hate the Patriots. I just dont because they are not classless like some other teams. I hate Miami and the Jets but not New England. I think New England will get there, but I am picking them to lose to Atlanta.

well bandwagon....no

as i kid i used to freeze my ass off on occasion to watch the likes of jim plunkett and sam bam cunningham at the old shaefer stadium

always had to pick another team to watch back then cuz the pats always sucked and if you like quality football you watch a decent team anyways

will be nice when the pats suck and all the phoney fans go home intheir audis....makes the good seats available for shmucks like me B)

well bandwagon....no

as i kid i used to freeze my ass off on occasion to watch the likes of jim plunkett and sam bam cunningham at the old shaefer stadium

always had to pick another team to watch back then cuz the pats always sucked and if you like quality football you watch a decent team anyways

will be nice when the pats suck and all the phoney fans go home intheir audis....makes the good seats available for shmucks like me B)

I always cheered for the Rams when the Bills made their early exit. It did me little good. But in 99 something went right. The Rams won the Super Bowl. But it does not take away the sting of "wide right"

Hi all,

It kills me all the New England fans that have come out of the woodwork in the last ten years. When the day comes and its over, are they still going to be fans? No way. They will jump on the next bandwagon. Just make sure its not one that comes out of Buffalo. There is no room on it for phony fans. I will give Cleveland fans credit, they are like Toronto fans in hockey. Loyal no matter what. By the way, Im not calling you a bandwagon fan just because I quoted your post. I dont have enough info to do that. But there are plenty of them out there. Funny thing is, as a Bills fan, I dont hate the Patriots. I just dont because they are not classless like some other teams. I hate Miami and the Jets but not New England. I think New England will get there, but I am picking them to lose to Atlanta.

First of all,I saw my first Boston Patriots game at Fenway Park in 1968.The Pats,if anyone was around sucked,bad and loud for a long time. <_<

Speaking of bandwagons,who or what 'fans' don't jump on one? :huh:

Steelers/Raiders '70's

49'ers/Dallas '80's

South Ameria's,er, America's Team:Cowboys '90's :P

KB

Hi all,

First of all,I saw my first Boston Patriots game at Fenway Park in 1968.The Pats,if anyone was around sucked,bad and loud for a long time. dry.gif

Speaking of bandwagons,who or what 'fans' don't jump on one? :huh:

Steelers/Raiders '70's

49'ers/Dallas '80's

South Ameria's,er, America's Team:Cowboys '90's :P

KB

There are plenty that have jumped on New England's. I have been a Bills fan since the beginning and I will die one. I like the Lions this weekend to beat Minnesota and ruin Favre's final game. I like the direction Detroit is going in. I believe they will be good next year. The Bills and Cleveland can be on that list too if they draft well and make the right free agent moves. In the playoffs, the first weekend of action could see two road favorites in the AFC wild card games. Baltrimore and Jets on the road at perhaps KC and Indy or Jacksonville. Looks more like Indy though right now. Chicago at Green Bay should be interesting even though I believe the Packers will beat them. Rams and Seahawks is a playoff game. the winner gets the division title and the right to get spanked good on wild card weekend probably by Green Bay. All Atlanta has to do is beat Carolina to earn home field throughout. I dont know if I can still consider the Eagles legitimate contenders after the stinker the other night against Minnesota. Think that Atlanta and New England are a pretty safe bet to meet in the Super Bowl. I only fear Green Bay to perhaps be the other possibility.

There are plenty that have jumped on New England's. I have been a Bills fan since the beginning and I will die one. I like the Lions this weekend to beat Minnesota and ruin Favre's final game. I like the direction Detroit is going in. I believe they will be good next year. The Bills and Cleveland can be on that list too if they draft well and make the right free agent moves. In the playoffs, the first weekend of action could see two road favorites in the AFC wild card games. Baltrimore and Jets on the road at perhaps KC and Indy or Jacksonville. Looks more like Indy though right now. Chicago at Green Bay should be interesting even though I believe the Packers will beat them. Rams and Seahawks is a playoff game. the winner gets the division title and the right to get spanked good on wild card weekend probably by Green Bay. All Atlanta has to do is beat Carolina to earn home field throughout. I dont know if I can still consider the Eagles legitimate contenders after the stinker the other night against Minnesota. Think that Atlanta and New England are a pretty safe bet to meet in the Super Bowl. I only fear Green Bay to perhaps be the other possibility.

Speaking of the Eagles "stinker" against the Vikings, I would be interested if Joe Webb is getting much press in Minnesota. He's from my neck of the woods.

Archived