NFL 2010 season (any takes?)

silvermedalist

Seattle has NO CHANCE!!!!! Not even close to that Raider team and the circumstances of the day were different. Seattle has been blown out in their own house so many times including the Giants putting up 59 on thier sorry ass's. They are going down and hard. Peyton Manning cant win all by himself any more. The Jets will take them apart. The Green Bay and Philly game is very tough to call. Could go either way but Green Bay has played better than the Eagles in recent weeks. Ill pick Green Bay but not a lock for sure. The strangest game to get a handle on is the Baltimore and KC game. Give weeks ago I would have said Baltimore wins this easily. Now, Im not so sure. They have regressed for sure. I still think they should win, but they may not cover. Best bet, Jets to defeat the Colts.

Boy, didn't Seattle surprise us all !!

Boy, didn't Seattle surprise us all !!

The party's over. Put out the lights. Now they must go to a place like cold Chicago. Goodnight Irene. I hate to say I told you so to all you non believers, but I did say the Jets were a lead pipe cinch. JETS WIN. And I hate them. But I knew they were going to beat a team that relies on one player. But like I said, I cant see New England losing until the Super Bowl. Tomorrows Green Bay and Philly game should be a good one.

Next time I pontificate on the winner of ANY NFL game, figure the exact opposite to occur.

I may have to get on board silver's Atlanta train, which will probably cause it to derail...

275917600-09170447.jpg

T-sizzle's ready to do some more derailing.

Get those towels out, so you can cry in them. It is simply amazing how many steeler fans are coming out of the woodwork now.

It is easy to jump on a bandwagon. The pundits don't know what to say anymore. Their prince (Vick) has been knocked out. GB is a complete team and they handled Philly.

The same thing will happen to Matty Ice.

Next time I pontificate on the winner of ANY NFL game, figure the exact opposite to occur.

I may have to get on board silver's Atlanta train, which will probably cause it to derail...

I am certainly cheering for Atlanta but do not mistake me for being a bandwagon fan. I am a Buffalo Bills fan and to admit that is not always easy. Of the teams left, I certainly think New England is a standout in the AFC the way they are playing. I would think Baltimore is the one team that could put fear in them and possibly pull an upset, but I just dont see New England losing until the Super Bowl if then. I have nothing against Green Bay. I believe the winner of this game will represent the NFC. But I am not totally ruling the Bears out. Atlanta and Green Bay would pose the biggest problems for New England and Brady.

So for the upcoming weekend, I say New England will defeat the Jets, not as lopsided as before but comvincingly nonetheless. I would have to pick Pittsburgh to win as they are rested but I do not have a strong feeling about it. They certainly could lose to Baltimore. I cannot see Seattle pulling another shocker. I think Chicago will hammer them. The one thing that could change it is the weather. If its cold, it favors the Bears. If an Indian summer occurs and if there is rain, it could help Seattle. Still, like Chicago big. Lastly I believe the Atlanta and Green Bay game is the best of the weekend. Atlanta beat them and Chicago both before. I think Atlanta gets no respect in Vegas and the fact they are only a two point favorite shows it. Green Bay will not be able to run the ball as effectivelyi as they did against Philly. That will force Rogers to put the ball in the air, something he does very well, but this Atlanta defense is too good in my opinion and will make their lives miserable. I am picking Atlanta to win.

As an Englishman the only game I watch or is shown is The Superbowl, have watched the last 5 and am just getting to understand it all, great spectacle, so are you lot above talking about who will play the Superbowl ?? the last two yera shave been dam exciting...but don't know anything else about it all. Too tied up with The premiership over here :)

As an Englishman the only game I watch or is shown is The Superbowl, have watched the last 5 and am just getting to understand it all, great spectacle, so are you lot above talking about who will play the Superbowl ?? the last two yera shave been dam exciting...but don't know anything else about it all. Too tied up with The premiership over here :)

There are 16 games in the regular season Leddy. Soon there may be 18. There are three division winners in each conferance. The NFC (National Footbal conference) and the AFC (American football conference). Back in 1970 the NFL merged with the old AFL. So now the the NFC champion plays the AFC champion in what is known as the Super Bowl. The first super bowl was in 1966 when the NFL champion played the AFL champion. Greeen Bay defeated Kansas City 35-10 in that game. Vince Lombardi was the coach of Green Bay and the trophy is named in his honor. He passed away of cancer in 1970. No there are four divisions in each conference. So you have 4 division winners and two "wild cards" that make the playoffs. Six from each confernence. The two with the best record get an extra weeks rest and a game off. The team with the worst record (not making the playoffs) is awarded the first pick in Aprils draft. So iin effect the worst team gets the first crack at picking the best college player and so forth. I happen to think this years game will be New England and Atlanta. If this were to happen I would guess New England would be favored by at least 7.

Oh, Leddy, your bloody mailbox is full!!!!!!

The hapless, stinking Seadicks?

I think they're on a roll and Chi-Town better be ready.

B)

You really think Seattle will come out of there alive? They will be holding their dicks for warmth for one thing. Where is my quote saying the Jets were the best bet to beat the Colts? Seattle has no chance. They are going nowhere. Neither are the Jets. The Atlanta and Green Bay winner goes to the Super Bowl in my book and I believe it will be Atlanta. But I do respect Green Bay. The Pittsburgh and Baltimore game is a good one. Dont have a strong feeling either way but would have to think Pittsburgh has the edge with the time off.

There are 16 games in the regular season Leddy. Soon there may be 18. There are three division winners in each conferance. The NFC (National Footbal conference) and the AFC (American football conference). Back in 1970 the NFL merged with the old AFL. So now the the NFC champion plays the AFC champion in what is known as the Super Bowl. The first super bowl was in 1966 when the NFL champion played the AFL champion. Greeen Bay defeated Kansas City 35-10 in that game. Vince Lombardi was the coach of Green Bay and the trophy is named in his honor. He passed away of cancer in 1970. No there are four divisions in each conference. So you have 4 division winners and two "wild cards" that make the playoffs. Six from each confernence. The two with the best record get an extra weeks rest and a game off. The team with the worst record (not making the playoffs) is awarded the first pick in Aprils draft. So iin effect the worst team gets the first crack at picking the best college player and so forth. I happen to think this years game will be New England and Atlanta. If this were to happen I would guess New England would be favored by at least 7.

Oh, Leddy, your bloody mailbox is full!!!!!!

Ok thanks for the info about it all, thats great. I wil look forward staying up all night soon watching it over here, who is doing the halftime gig ?? will clear box too.

My picks

Packers

Bears

Patriots

Ravens

Well, if anyone can ever figure this game out let me know. How in the blazes does Atlanta's defense go south after such a great year? And they beat Green Bay. Your Ravens pick looked good for a while ally. I cant believe they gave up that play with less than two minutes left in a tie game. On 3rd and 19 and a long sideline pass inside the 5. very unlike their defense to give up that one. So two of the best defenses were shredded. Well, barring a shocker, the Chicago and Green Bay faithfull will get their dream championshiip NFC game. The oldest rivalry in history. Certainly in any North American sport. I think Green Bay had the weapons to get there and play New England. The Patriots must not take the Jets lightly and I dont think they will. If the Steelers go to New England they will have to play a possession game and outscore them. Cant see it. The only down side for Green Bay is they will have to win in Chicago in as hostile an environment imaginable. But very doable. Lets see if there are any more surprsies tomorrow. Doubt it very much.

Oops! Ally, Big Ben OWNS the Ratbirds, he's 7-0 against them as a stater.

C'mon man.

Yeah, I didn't see much between the two teams and felt that streak was due to come to an end. Packers...thought they'd do it but wasn't expecting a blow out....wow ;)

Well, if anyone can ever figure this game out let me know. How in the blazes does Atlanta's defense go south after such a great year? And they beat Green Bay. Your Ravens pick looked good for a while ally. I cant believe they gave up that play with less than two minutes left in a tie game. On 3rd and 19 and a long sideline pass inside the 5. very unlike their defense to give up that one. So two of the best defenses were shredded. Well, barring a shocker, the Chicago and Green Bay faithfull will get their dream championshiip NFC game. The oldest rivalry in history. Certainly in any North American sport. I think Green Bay had the weapons to get there and play New England. The Patriots must not take the Jets lightly and I dont think they will. If the Steelers go to New England they will have to play a possession game and outscore them. Cant see it. The only down side for Green Bay is they will have to win in Chicago in as hostile an environment imaginable. But very doable. Lets see if there are any more surprsies tomorrow. Doubt it very much.

as Jimmy Durante once said "i'm mortified!" Did the Raven's defense crumble like a house of cards or what? Did they smoke some hooch in between halves? Unbelievable on how they owned the Steelers for the first 30 minutes and then just went to shit in the second. Of course, that holding call on the punt return touchdown didn't help.

And Atlanta just proved they're not ready for prime time yet. Next year, maybe, but not now.

Archived