NFL 2010 season (any takes?)

silvermedalist

easy!

just bet the farm on the exact opposite of everything you say

made a bundle

Well I picked Chicago. And I said that Pittsburgh and Baltimore was a tough one and picked Pittsburgh. So I was wrong on Atlanta. Step up to the plate and lets see your picks every night. Nobody can pick football games withi 100 percent accuracey. And, Ill bite. You are a dick.

It's over for the Patriots. :( I am so dissappointed. I'm having a Superbowl party but the Patriots not moving on takes the excitment out of it for me.

I feel for ya' ledzepfvr. That was some terrible clock management by a team that excels at it. They looked like they didn't want to win. I am going to have a tough time watching the AFC Championship as I can't stand either team. Pittsburgh has won so much and their fans like to rub it into your face, but I'll probably pull for the Steelers as the Jets are much worse at it. Of the teams left, only the Packers have any ounce of respect from me. Aaron Rogers is top notch and handles himself like a gentleman. Rothlisberger is a top notch tool, and I don't even want to start on Sanchez.

Considering the great history of Green Bay and Pittsburgh its really amazing they have never met in a Super Bowl. I believe that is about to change. The Jets I believe saved Pittsburgh from getting beat by New England. It will be tough for the Jets to win in Pittsburgh again. A ticket to the Green Bay and Chicago game will be worth a fortune. The scalp prices for that game may be off the charts. Oldest rivalry in NFL history and perhaps north american sports?

i figured there was a 90% chance the patriots would lose cuz someone on here (who shall remain nameless) consistantly picks losers to win..was good for my bottom line though........i'm just waiting for his picks for next week so i can call my bookie :)

I find it absolutely bizarre that Green Bay & Chicago....the longest rivalry in football, haven't met in the playoffs in 70 years. The Snorris Division finally gets some respect ! I'm praying for a blizzard.

It is hard to believe and its also hard to believe that with all of the success Pittsburgh and Green Bay have had, they have never met in the Super Bowl. That is about to change. So here are my early picks so a certain someone here can go lose his shorts on the Jets and Chicago.

Green Bay 34 Chicago 23

Pittsburgh 30 NY Jets 16

You really think Seattle will come out of there alive? They will be holding their dicks for warmth for one thing. Seattle has no chance. They are going nowhere. Neither are the Jets.

I was just thinking about that year the 49ers had to play Chicago in the playoffs and it was freezing there. The 'Fair Weather' Niners obliterated them.

At least the Seahawks didn't just roll over and die. Hell, they scored 24 points. Their players getting hurt didn't help either.

Atlanta and New England both choked.

I'd like to see the Packers and Jets in the Super Bowl with the pack coming out on top. B)

This weekend the final four play and the winners go to the Super Bowl.

I can't figure out why they put the Pro Bowl before the Super Bowl???? :blink:

That goes against old practice. But the pro Bowl is a joke as we know and anyone that is going to play in the Super Bowl has to skip the pro bowl in that case. To be more specific to the other poster from England's question, this coming weekend are the NFC championship and the AFC championship. The NFC is the National Football Conference and the AFC is the American Football conference. Back in 1970 the old National Football League and American Football League were merged. Now it is the National Football league with two conferences. The NFC and AFC. The old National Football league was considered superior to the newer American league. Until 1969 when the greatest upset in the history of american sports took place when the NY Jets with Joe Namath found a way to beat the mighty Baltimore Colts 16-7 in Super Bowl III. The next year there was another big upset when Kansas City won against the Minnesota Vikings. Had that game been played outdoors instead of on turf the result would ahve been different. Anyway, the Pittsburgh Steelers, Cleveland Browns and Baltimore Colts (now the Indianapolis Colts) were placed in the AFC with teams from the old American Football League, some of which were the Oakland Raiders, Kansas City Chiefs, San Diego Chargers, Boston Patriots (now the New England Patriots) and my Buffalo Bills just to name a few. So Pittsburgh, Cleveland and the Colts were really from the old NFL. Even though Cleveland's story is more complicated. The Green Bay Packiers were in the old National Football League as were teams like the Chicago Bears, NY Giants, St Louis Rams (then the Los Angeles Rams) Arizona Cardinals (then the St Louis Cardinals) Philadelphia Eagles, Detroit Lions and so forth. The game between Green Bay and Chicago this weekend for the NFC championship has very special meaning. It is the oldest rivalry in NFL history and I do believe in american sporst history. I do not think even baseball can produce a rivalry as old. nor the NHL> Correct me if you have evidence that would dispute this? I know for a fact it is the oldest in football.

Ok thanks again, let us know who gets there, as i say they have the Superbowl over here in the middle of the night, and its a bit of a ritual now to watch it.

I never thought of that. So the game would start around 1130 pm in England and on a Sunday Eve. Is it televised on live television there? Or do you have to pay extra and order it? Lets hope its Green Bay and Pittsburgh. That would be the most entertaining game. And a game between the two teams with the most championships and have never met in the Super Bowl. As the other poster pointed out, strange enough Green Bay and Chicago have not met since the week after the bombing of Pearl Harbour, just to put it in persepective. And it is the oldest rivalry in american sports history (Green Bay and Chicago). It will be a very hostile environment but there will be a share of Green Bay fans there with connections. The scalp prices for that game will be off the charts Im sure.

I never thought of that. So the game would start around 1130 pm in England and on a Sunday Eve. Is it televised on live television there? Or do you have to pay extra and order it? Lets hope its Green Bay and Pittsburgh. That would be the most entertaining game. And a game between the two teams with the most championships and have never met in the Super Bowl. As the other poster pointed out, strange enough Green Bay and Chicago have not met since the week after the bombing of Pearl Harbour, just to put it in persepective. And it is the oldest rivalry in american sports history (Green Bay and Chicago). It will be a very hostile environment but there will be a share of Green Bay fans there with connections. The scalp prices for that game will be off the charts Im sure.

Yeh it does start at about 11.30pm to midnight live here on normal tv (no subscription)t. I must confess for years I thought your game was awful, but have really enjoyed the last 2 SB's especially . When you know whats going on then it becomes clear and you can really enjoy it. Its all good now, when your English brought up on football and cricket, other sports become alien, but as a spectacle Your SB is really entertaining.

Lets hope its the final you all want between the two most successful teams, that would be a cracker.

Yeh it does start at about 11.30pm to midnight live here on normal tv (no subscription)t. I must confess for years I thought your game was awful, but have really enjoyed the last 2 SB's especially . When you know whats going on then it becomes clear and you can really enjoy it. Its all good now, when your English brought up on football and cricket, other sports become alien, but as a spectacle Your SB is really entertaining.

Lets hope its the final you all want between the two most successful teams, that would be a cracker.

I certainly believe a Green Bay and Pittsburgh Super Bowl would be the more entertaining and would represent the best two teams left. New England is better than the Jets and at least as good as Pittsbugh. It just was one of those days. And I am not a New England fan I am a Bills fan. A team in their division. Green Bay at Chicago could be better than the super bowl? It is a classic rivalry and should be a real crazy place come Sunday. The best two quarterbacks left certainly play for Green Bay and Pittsburgh. Nobody can dispute that. Cutler and Sanchez are not even close to Rogers and Rothlesburgher. Both Green Bay and Pittsburgh are currently 3 1/2 point favorites in Las Vegas. They even keep tabs on your english league which I have not a clue what is going on. I would have to pick a name out of a hat. I know the most famous team is probably Manchester United. I kind of like the sound of Chelsea. ha.

The Super Bowl was played last weekend. The Jets beat the Patriots.

You think Green Bay is a joke? They beat the Falcons and that convinces me they are the team. We may finally get the game between the two teams that have won more championships than anyone. Pittburgh has won the most Super Bowls but Green Bay has won more championships going back. If there had been Super Bowls going back to the early 1960a Green Bay would have at least 4 or 5 more. And my Buffalo Bills would be on the losing end again as Jack Kemp and the Bills who won the early AFL titles would have gone against them. Dont know if they could have pulled a miracle like the 69 Jets? We will never know. Doubt it very much though as i do believe the AFL was not as good then.

Look at this. You're a Buffalo Bills fan and all of a sudden you have a set of balls.

How can you say the Super bowl was played last week? New England granted probably should be representing the AFC. But the Jets? With Sanchez? No way. They are a dirty team. Green Bay and Pittsburgh will be a good one. What does my being a Bills fan have to do with anything I know about the game you jackbutt! You are the same dumb ass you have always been.

Archived