NFL 2010 season (any takes?)

silvermedalist

This takes the cake. Now you're acting like a Packers fan.

Hey, its the Super Bowl dude. Everyone is entitled to cheer for one team or the other. What is your major malfunction? Before Buffalo was in the NFL Green Bay was my team. I had books on Lombardi and Instant Replay was the first book I read. Go find another hobby besides chasing my posts and constantly criticising me. Go get a life. I have left you alone. Please do the same for me

Capitals blow 2-0 lead and lose AGAIN in OT. The announcer said they are 1-10 since Nov in OT. Something is very wrong. They must go back to waht they do best and play run and gun. Nice that Ottawa lost again. Everything went well from a Sabres point of view. We must simply take care of our own business. We have been sold This new owner, I hear he is a big fan. Has extended REgier for one year. But dont know about Ruff yet? Hope he spends some damn money.

OOPS. MY FAULT. AND MY APOLOGIES. POSTED IN WRONG THREAD. PROBLEMS WITH MY SCREEN. THIS SHOULD HAVE GONE IN NHL THREAD.

How strange these teams would play in Dallas. Both having a long history vs the Cowboys. The famous ice Bowl in 1967 when Bart Starr followed Kramer's block into the end zone. And the Super Bowl's between Dallas and Pittsburgh. Does anyone know where next years game is scheduled? I hope that this talk of a Super Bowl in the north, outdoors is just talk? I just cant see them doing it. I expect a very good game Sunday. Potentially one of the best Super Bowls ever. Remember the complaing about all of them being blow outs? Until the Buffalo/Giants game that came down to that field goal. The New England vs Carolina game was a great game. And Pittsburgh's fourth win against the Los Angelos Rams was too. The Rams had them on the ropes. Was hoping for a different resutly. I can count on one hand the Super Bowls I have walked away happy. One was another good game, when the Rams beat the Titans. Go Packers!!!!!!!

This one is easy for me. Read the sig at the bottom and you'll see who i'm rooting for. A great man once said "winning isn't everything, it's the only thing." I hope that man is looking down upon this game. I'm sure he would be proud.

Indeed. Though after giving carefull thought to that great coach and man's words, I cant agree 100 percent with what he said. Nonetheless, I hope Green Bay beats the daylights out of them. Instant Replay was one of the first books I read and I still have my Green Bay two book set with all color pictures of the Glory days of the 60s. Ill take Bart Starr over Brett Favre any day. And I dont know if anyone could have beaten Lombardi's Packers. I was a fan until Buffalo joined the NFL and then had to go with the home team. So even though Ill die a Bills fan, I still will always have a place in my heart for Green Bay and the Los Angelos Rams too. As for the weather in Dallas, its just incredible.

My dad has been a die-hard Packers fan from day one, he even owns a share in the team. So naturally, he's rooting for the Pack to win. Me, I hate football so I won't be watching, however for his sake I hope they do win, because I don't want him coming home from his buddy's Super Bowl party in a foul mood.

My dad has been a die-hard Packers fan from day one, he even owns a share in the team. So naturally, he's rooting for the Pack to win. Me, I hate football so I won't be watching, however for his sake I hope they do win, because I don't want him coming home from his buddy's Super Bowl party in a foul mood.

I have heard something of that in the past, being able to own a share of Green Bay. I hope he comes home happy too. Go Packers. I am surprised you hate football. But like baseball. Oh well, I am sure you wont answer me, but i thought I woudl give my thoughts on the matter.

Indeed. Though after giving carefull thought to that great coach and man's words, I cant agree 100 percent with what he said. Nonetheless, I hope Green Bay beats the daylights out of them. Instant Replay was one of the first books I read and I still have my Green Bay two book set with all color pictures of the Glory days of the 60s. Ill take Bart Starr over Brett Favre any day. And I dont know if anyone could have beaten Lombardi's Packers. I was a fan until Buffalo joined the NFL and then had to go with the home team. So even though Ill die a Bills fan, I still will always have a place in my heart for Green Bay and the Los Angelos Rams too. As for the weather in Dallas, its just incredible.

Don't know if you have had the chance to see the bio on Vince Lombardi on HBO. If not, it's worth a look. It really gets in to detail of how complex this man really was and how the relationship between family and his football life connected. I believe that he could not coach in today's game. And only because these high priced prima donnas that call themselves players are way too much into themselves to be taught how to act, not only on the football field, but life in general.

Don't know if you have had the chance to see the bio on Vince Lombardi on HBO. If not, it's worth a look. It really gets in to detail of how complex this man really was and how the relationship between family and his football life connected. I believe that he could not coach in today's game. And only because these high priced prima donnas that call themselves players are way too much into themselves to be taught how to act, not only on the football field, but life in general.

I not only read instant replay I did read a book on Lombardi and his life that came out back in the early seventies I believe. I forget the name of the book now but I certainly agree with you that the old school approach he had would probably not work now. Ditka was close to him in methodology. but after the success, they stopped listening to him to the point he said "you bums wont win another game". LOL. These ego maniacs in todays game, and overpaid ones at that, would cry if they had Lombardi as a coach. Can you imagine a curfew like iin those days being put on some of these babies?

As for all systems go Ledzpfvr, Ill say that when Buffalo makes it back to the dance. It will happen. I just hope Im around to see it. Now the talk is Golisano who just sold the Sabres might be interested in buying the Bills.

Todays game, one good thing about it, things would not be complette without them meeting at least once in the big game. Go Packers!!! Still dont know who is performing at half time?

Lombardi alway's regreted that statement and cursed himself afterwards for not making himself clear. What he really meant to say was something to the effect that as professionals, there was no point in coming out collecting a paycheque and not playing to win . He thought winning was the only thing that should matter to them on game day.

Lombardi's work ethic , commitment to team work and his ability to get the best out of people left a huge, lasting impression on me .

spose i'd like to see green bay win it.....not sure that i care....but rogers is a quality QB

pittsburg is clearly 4th or 5th deep on the list of AFC teams that should be there...but thats how it goes sometimes

would have been better if pittsburg could have played vicks team

then if would have been the rapist verses the convicted felon animal abuser.......thus an interesting introspective on the mindset of todays female football fans(which are a huge demographic these days...poss. 50% of the audience)

not to be though...........:(

you can see what color the officials are wearing. Black and gold. Three calls against Green Bay in the second half, all of them bullshit. How long does a receiver have to hang on to the ball before it's a catch - 5 minutes?

Ii agree totally that was a catch. If Green Bay had found a way to blow this game Ii would have squarelly blamed the three dropped balls, one that was a sure touchdown. But it all worked out in the end. Except for my bookie. hear that beetleron? I picked the Packers and over. and I am on the record. So my picks are not always bad. Is all of this talk of the 2014 Super Bowl in New York true? I mean, that is just hard to believe they are actually going to play in a cold weather atmosphere. If only they had done so in the early 90's, we would have had four rings. This turned out to be a good game. But was it as good as the Giantgs over New England or New England over Carolina? Probably not from a competitive on the edge of your seat point of view. But we finally got what the NFL had to eventually have. These two succesfull franchises finallly meeting head to head. The one I am waiting for is Buffalo vs Minnesota. The Vikings and the Bills are both 0-4. So someone has to win. And before you go trashing these two teams, just remember, many have never been to one. Like Cleveland for instance.

Congrats to the Packers!!!!!!!! :drunk:

Archived