NFL 2010 season (any takes?)

silvermedalist

I've barely followed Oakland since the Kenny Stabler days. And that was centuries ago.

Those were exciting times even though I was a 49er fan and the Niners sucked back then.

I liked listening to the old Raiders on the radio when they'd make the playoffs. B)

Sad news today. Former Oakland Raiders safety Jack Tatum aka The Assassin, passed away at age 61. Many people hated this guy's guts, especially after the Darryl Stingley hit that left the New England receiver paralyzed for life. I loved the guy and how he fit perfectly into the Raider way of playing. You thought twice before you crossed into his territory. It's too bad he didn't play a bit later as i would have loved to have seen him lay out T.O.

I do remember the book he put out but I never read it.

Another one dying fairly young. :(

Hi Ho Silvermeadalist. Been reading a little about the Jets. Seems some folks have penciled them into the Super Bowl this season. What's your (or anybody's) take on this?

Not used to talking about sports on this board, but I'm in a football state of mind as I can't wait for the college and pro seasons to start. After the NBA and NHL seasons end, it's a sports desert until football begins.

As a long-suffering Raider fan, I am wondering if Jason Campbell is really that much an upgrade over JaMarcus Russell(man, I bet Al would like to have THAT pick back...but then he'd probably waste it again anyway, like he did picking Heywood-Bey) and it would be nice if the Raiders could reach .500 for a change.

But who am I kidding, for all the great things Al Davis has done in the past for the Raiders and for football in general, the past is past, and more and more it appears the guy is senile and has plain lost it and until the Raiders stage a coup, or until Davis dies, the team will remain mired in mediocrity.

Hard to believe it was only as recent as 2001-2002 when things looked so much brighter...three straight playoff seasons culminating in a Super Bowl appearance.

Then, our center disappears for the Super Bowl, we get clobbered and it's been a disaster ever since.

Other teams I am curious about: New England...is this really the end of the Belichick-Brady era? Can Brady make it thru the season without getting hurt? Wither Wes Walker? And what about that defense?

NY Jets: Was last year for real, or did they just sneak up on everybody? Will Rex Ryan's style start to get on the players' nerves?

Seattle: With all the former Trojans on the team, you could call them the USC-hawks, which means they could be my alternate team to cheer for should the Raiders go in the dumps again. Now that he's got the player control he wanted, we will see if Pete can really coach in the NFL or if he should have stayed at USC. The good news is that the AFC West is a weak division.

What am I doing with this avatar? What am I thinking? Sure we always suck in preseason going back even to the days of Kelly, but who does his Gailey think he is kidding. What kind of beer drinking fools out there wasted their money buying tickets ? And unlike Jacksonville, Buffalo is a great sports town. They show up. Win or lose. A buddy of mine thinks they are simply out to play out the string, have the worst record and then get the number one pick, some QB I dont know about. Anybody want to buy a Trent Edwards jersey real cheap? I have one!!! :(dry.gif Say goodbye to my Avatar. I am going to replace it with a good team. My team.

What am I doing with this avatar? What am I thinking? Sure we always suck in preseason going back even to the days of Kelly, but who does his Gailey think he is kidding. What kind of beer drinking fools out there wasted their money buying tickets ? And unlike Jacksonville, Buffalo is a great sports town. They show up. Win or lose. A buddy of mine thinks they are simply out to play out the string, have the worst record and then get the number one pick, some QB I dont know about. Anybody want to buy a Trent Edwards jersey real cheap? I have one!!! :(dry.gif Say goodbye to my Avatar. I am going to replace it with a good team. My team.

Well is still looks like a buffalo, but the Bills have not reworked their logo that I can tell.

Well is still looks like a buffalo, but the Bills have not reworked their logo that I can tell.

But its a differet kind of Buffalo. One that has a chance. One that wins. One that won the norteast division, had 100 points and give their fans their moneys worth. The Sabres will be in the thick of things, you can count on it. the Bills. B)

^^^So you'll be posting in the NHL thread then. :nhl:

Would you be abandoning the Bills completely? Cus the sign of a true fan is someone who sticks with their team through good times, bad times, no matter how long the bad times are. I'd hate to see ya become one of those bandwagon fans. :D

^^^So you'll be posting in the NHL thread then. :nhl:

Would you be abandoning the Bills completely? Cus the sign of a true fan is someone who sticks with their team through good times, bad times, no matter how long the bad times are. I'd hate to see ya become one of those bandwagon fans. :D

I am a Bills fan for life. But it doesnt mean I have to like what they are doing. Of course I wont abandon them. But the Sabres surely have the far better chance of going places this year. Not even debatable. I was wanting to create a new NHL thread for the new year sometime in late Aug or Sept. I asked Ally if he wanted to do it. We will see. But we should start a new one for the new year, IMO. I am not going to put much stock in one exhibition football game, but why didnt that dumb ass Ralph Wislon sign TO? He has more money than he knows what to do with.

Well, put your hands up and shout!!!

Lets Go Buff a lo

Lets Go Buff a lo

The Bills make me want to SHOUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:lol::yay::drunk::elvis2:

Buffalo 34 Indy 21

The Bills are happenin now

They're on the move now

They've got the spirit

Alot of spirit now

Hey ay ay ay. Oh O O Oh.

Lets go Buff a lo!!! Lets Go Buff a lo!!!

The Bills make me want to SHOUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11

Well, put your hands up and shout!!!

Lets Go Buff a lo

Lets Go Buff a lo

The Bills make me want to SHOUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:lol::yay::drunk::elvis2:

Buffalo 34 Indy 21

They're on the move now

They've got the spirit

Alot of spirit now

Hey ay ay ay. Oh O O Oh.

Lets go Buff a lo!!! Lets Go Buff a lo!!!

The Bills make me want to SHOUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11

Yukon,

How Come the Bills did not take out the other Big Head Todd brother like the jets did?

BigHeadTodd.jpg

Yukon,

How Come the Bills did not take out the other Big Head Todd brother like the jets did?

BigHeadTodd.jpg

I have not a clue what their office is doing. I doubt Ralph Wilson does either. Last night was a shocker to me. We need our injured back soon. A guy like Byrd. The Byrdman from Alcatraz. This kid can pick the ball off. Looks like my Trent Edwards jersey is still intact. A friend of mine keeps telling me to burn it. I get sick of Trent getting all the blame. Shit. Butler and Schoebel both retire in their early twenties? What the hell is up with that>?

• 2 weeks later...

They're on the move now!

They've got the spirit yeah!

Alot of spirit yeah!

Lets go Buff a lo!!

Lets go Buff a lo!!

THE BILLS MAKE ME WANT TO SHOUT!!!!!:lol::yay::drunk::elvis2:

Buffalo 35 Cincy 20

Yes I know its only pre season, but, they are playing better than expected. I believe they will beat Miami in the home opener.

They're on the move now!

They've got the spirit yeah!

Alot of spirit yeah!

Lets go Buff a lo!!

Lets go Buff a lo!!

THE BILLS MAKE ME WANT TO SHOUT!!!!!:lol::yay::drunk::elvis2:

Buffalo 35 Cincy 20

Yes I know its only pre season, but, they are playing better than expected. I believe they will beat Miami in the home opener.

Nice cheer!!

:cheer::cheer:

I just read the Cardinals are ready to give up on Lenhart. Crazy. Go ahead and release him. I hope the Bills grab him but doubt it. Someone will though. A week from Sunday the regular season starts for most teams. I am hoping tthe Bills put an ass whippin on Miami. Very possible. Miami isnt shit. That old man in the booth simply to pay off his alimony debts. Gret haired pot bellied has been shoulld just go to Belmont and Saratoga where he would rather be anyway. Get yourself a good race horse billy boy. He will be faster than any of your criminals on your fish team. Miami sucks.

There is much talk that the Buffalo Bills may be interested in making a deal to get Matt Leinart from the /Cardinals. I say do it and do it now. I think the Cardinals are making a big big mistake. Trent has played well the last two games but if he tanks again, Leinart is a guy I wanted all along. Just have to get him ready for a Buffalo winter.

How bout them Broncos. Lots of injuries on key players. Man..looks like another bad year for my team.

Well, on paper San Diego looks like they should win that division going away. I will be surprised if Leinert is not picked up by the end of today. if Arizona is going to trade him, its just a matter of how much they want for him. He is worth taking a chance on for sure. I am hoping the Bills grab him, but if they dont, I would expect the Raiders to grab him perhaps

Archived