NFL 2010 season (any takes?)

silvermedalist

San Diego has taken a few steps backwards. I think they still have Jackson. I hope he gets traded. And the Oakland doesn't need Leinart. They have Campbell already.

There were reportedly three teams interested in him. Buffalo and Oakland were both mentioned. Ill be surprised if he isnt picked up fast. I hope the Bills take a shot with him, even though Trent has played well in preseason and I, unlike some, dont put the blame for last year on his shoulders.

Well if the Raiders do pick him up, he'd be back home in California.

And if the Bills pick him up, he will find out what a Buffalo winter is like. And having to play in it. I think the phones are ringing. But Im sure the greedy Cardinals are wanting at least a first round pick and possible a player to go with it.

The season starts this week. Should be interesting to see what happens in some of these divisions. Some very strange lines. Atlanta favored at Pittsburgh by 2 1/2 obviously due to both of Pittsburghs QBs being out. Ill take my boys with the 3 at home against the fish. I see Cleveland is a light Dog at tampa./ That one I find strange too. Think Id take Minny with the 5 points at the Saints in the opener on Thursday night I believe? good luck to your teams. GO BILLS!!!!!!!

And TJ Houshmanblahblah just signed with Baltimore..

That was fast. I guess we are committed to giving Edwards another shot. I still thinking he can do well if he plays like he did the last three pre season games. I still thought the Bills would pick up another established reciever before the first game. they cut two guys yesterday. I dont know what they are doing? Behind closed doors either? Losing Schoebel was a dumb move. How many more stupid moves can they make? They should have traded Lynch. I guess they area commited to depth at that position. Word is that they are deep at secondary, so they have two guys they could trade if anyone is biting The word is no way will Leinart start in Houston. So if he is unhappy after the season, he may wind up elsewhere next season.

Green Bay seems to be the concencus pickito win it all. Cant blame them with that passing attack. But their defense is pretty bad. So its what could do them in come playoff time. There are no safe bets, especially in the NFC. It will be interesting to see how philly does without McNabb and how Wash does with him? Atlanta is getting some good grades and could take a big step forward. The AFC, I think New England is way overated. And most experts are not picking them to make it. Cincy could be a good team. Have alot of weapons. One guy from Sportsline has the Colts at number one. I say no way.. I say they are going to get knocked off and maybe by the Texans. San Diego will win the West, too much talent. If they dont, Turner will be fired. Mos are picking Fox of Caroliina as the coach most likely to not return. If they have a horrendous start, expect him to be fired mid season. My Bills are being picked for dead last. I guess I cant blame them. The offensive line is the reason. No doubt. If they could fix the offensive line, they could really surprise. Pittsburgh is being picked to be in trouble. Can you believe they are a 2 1/2 point home underdog to Atlanta in their home opener? Because both of their QBs are out. Rothlesburger is suspended 4 games and now Leftnuts is hurt. I will be watching and hoping the Bills give the ball to Spiller and Jackson and NOT Lynch. If they do that, they can beat Miami. Still wish they had sent them here in January. Minus 10 degrees. Lastly, will be interesting to see how Brett Favre does in what has to be his last year. will he even last the entire year? With no defense I am surprised Green Bay is being picked by so many to win the Super Bowl. Their offense is just plain nuts. But no defense. Nada.

Who will be the surprise team? Will there be more than one? I am hoping Miami gets whacked at the Ralph Sunday. Give it to Jackson and Spiller and pop Evans here and there. The defense? I dont know. But I have heard reports that all is not well in Miami? I kind of like Clevelands chances at Tampa. Alot of mysteries though with many teams. I dont like Dallas but I hope Shanahan and Washington get it stuck up their butts all year. They are as bad an example as there is for sports teams. Are there two or three monday games? I know Jets and Ravens. Good game. San Diego and KC. Could be another ? Not sure. Anyway, the Saints won. Brett looked his age. GO BILLS!!!!!

GO EAGLES!!!

P.S. Realistically we probably won't make the playoffs this year. :(

That division is a four way toss up I would think? But I dont know about Phill's QB situation? Think Green Bay will score alot of points on them. They will probably have to answer with over 45 to win. Green Bay has one hell of an offense and that is probablly why most are picking them to win the Super Bowl. But they still have no defense. So that could bite them

I just hope the Chargers make a decent showing this year.

The Chargers should not give you the scare taht they did last year in that division. They should win it easily. Nobody is picking them to to to the Super Bowl probably because of their fiasco against the Jets. A game they never should have lost. I would not count them out. But the big mistake they made was firing Marty two years ago and its showing. Norv Turner is an offensive coordinator. But he has so much talent in San Diego he could pull it off. Green Bay is the concensus pick to go to the Super Bowll and win it. and why not? They have an offense that is just unstoppable. The AFC is more complicated. Bill cowher just picked my Bills to beat Miami and to improve drastically under Gailey. The Bills should get better. Baltimore, Jets are both being picked and the Colts also by many. Personally, I am going to go agaisnt the Colts returning to the Super Bowl. But its too soon for me to make a pick. Bills and Miami about to kick off. GO BILLS!!!!

The Chargers should not give you the scare taht they did last year in that division. They should win it easily. Nobody is picking them to to to the Super Bowl probably because of their fiasco against the Jets. A game they never should have lost. I would not count them out. But the big mistake they made was firing Marty two years ago and its showing. Norv Turner is an offensive coordinator. But he has so much talent in San Diego he could pull it off. Green Bay is the concensus pick to go to the Super Bowll and win it. and why not? They have an offense that is just unstoppable. The AFC is more complicated. Bill cowher just picked my Bills to beat Miami and to improve drastically under Gailey. The Bills should get better. Baltimore, Jets are both being picked and the Colts also by many. Personally, I am going to go agaisnt the Colts returning to the Super Bowl. But its too soon for me to make a pick. Bills and Miami about to kick off. GO BILLS!!!!

Sorry about your Bills today, Silver.

But I do like Miami. Miami is one of those teams I have a soft spot for. Never lived in FL and don't have any ties there. When I was a kid my step-dad would control the tv on Sunday to watch football. Either I would be bored silly or resign myself to learn the game. I asked alot of questions, even checked out a book

by Fran Tarkenton (don't remember the name) explaining football and learned what was going on as I watched. That was around 1972, that magical season for Miami. Bob Greise took the Dolphins all the way. My hubby teases me that I just like the colors, but they were part of my education of football way back when.

Sorry about your Bills today, Silver.

But I do like Miami. Miami is one of those teams I have a soft spot for. Never lived in FL and don't have any ties there. When I was a kid my step-dad would control the tv on Sunday to watch football. Either I would be bored silly or resign myself to learn the game. I asked alot of questions, even checked out a book

by Fran Tarkenton (don't remember the name) explaining football and learned what was going on as I watched. That was around 1972, that magical season for Miami. Bob Greise took the Dolphins all the way. My hubby teases me that I just like the colors, but they were part of my education of football way back when.

At least Trent Edwards played well. Yes the Lions got robbed blind

Feel bad for you Detroit fans. You got totally fucking robbed. That was a touchdown. No doubt about it. It was a damn touchdown. I hate reffs. That is why I am gettting sick of it. The end of the Dallas game, what a farce. They should have won too. Sure he held the guy, but I dont like the rule the game ends on a pentalty. He did not have to hold the guy. Romo would have gotten him the ball and Dallas would have won. And as for my Bills, Trent never looked better on that 80 yard drive. 9 straight completions and a TD. Then the fucking lucky punt that pinned us at the one foot line. That did us in. And Gailey takes the safety on purpose. He did the rght thing. Even though it cost me my two teamer, Green Bay and Buffalo. We have an impossible task ahead. WE are goiong to get better, I can already see how much better a coach Gailey is than Dick Jauron the moron But now we go to Green Bay, then New England and then Jets at home. Yikes. If we could somehow manage a split at Green Bay and New England, I would see hope. But its a tall order. Green Bay, perhaps they will not take us seriously. Its possible they will be over confident. As for the Eagles, looks like they have found their QB. Vick is going to keep that job in my opinioon. He played great. But he will be bood on the road, so be ready for that. Still thinkk Dallas is the best in that division and will prevail. The Dickskins got lucky. I hear they may try and trade that fat Haynesworth. He wants too much money though. Piece of shit.

Why arent any of you Detroit couch potatoes sounding off? Too stunned? I feel bad for Detroit. They are going to get better. They need to get a couple more guys on defense. Their defense is a year or two away. But on offense you will get better fast. Hope Stafford is ok? Hard enough to win without the zebras fucking you. That was a touchdown. I dont care what the damn coach says. Or the rules say. It was a damn TD!!!!!!!:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Why arent any of you Detroit couch potatoes sounding off? Too stunned? I feel bad for Detroit. They are going to get better. They need to get a couple more guys on defense. Their defense is a year or two away. But on offense you will get better fast. Hope Stafford is ok? Hard enough to win without the zebras fucking you. That was a touchdown. I dont care what the damn coach says. Or the rules say. It was a damn TD!!!!!!!:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

we are too stunned! :blink:

okay, we've had enough of the blown calls already. :angry:

First, the baseball debacle and now this. :angry: :angry:

This maybe worse because it cost us the game. One that would've meant so much to this franchise.

We may not recover from this anytime soon as the schedule doesn't do us any favors. And the fact that Stafford may be out 4-6 weeks doesn't help either. One bright note though, the defense looked great most of the game. Haven't seen a goal line stand from the Motor City Kitties for quite some time. By season's end they may be one of the toughest in the NFC. One can only hope, cuz we ain't had much to cheer about for awhile. :(

This maybe worse because it cost us the game. One that would've meant so much to this franchise.

We may not recover from this anytime soon as the schedule doesn't do us any favors. And the fact that Stafford may be out 4-6 weeks doesn't help either. One bright note though, the defense looked great most of the game. Haven't seen a goal line stand from the Motor City Kitties for quite some time. By season's end they may be one of the toughest in the NFC. One can only hope, cuz we ain't had much to cheer about for awhile. :(

Dont feel bad. You arent alone. after the drive where Trent Edwards looked like Joe Montana and had Miami reeling, they somehow manage to get a lucky bounce on a punt that put us at the one foot line. that was it. As for the Lions, it wasnt Stafford that led what should have been the winning drive so there may be more hope than you think. I think you get Vick and the /Eagles at home next week. We have to go to Green Bay. Yikes. I think Detroit can score on Philly. Question is , can they stop them? They may be able to pull the upset. Better days are ahead for both our teams. Just dont know how soon. But they both played better yesterday than last year. You guys are in Buffalo lalter in the year. I hope the Lions do get better.

Hi Dan,all,

I didn't agree with call either,... :blink:

NFL rule book

The Lions are a much better team this year,.....

KB

Archived