NFL 2010 season (any takes?)

silvermedalist

Well that red orange uniform is certainly bright. We will see if they go down or not. The game has barely started.

BTW, Dolphins are mammels, not fish.

Not in Buffalo! They are called fish here. WE love the real dolphins, dont get me wrong. Just hate the ones wearing helmets. Glad to see you are awake Margie!!

The Jets prevailed over the Dolphins, but you gotta admit it was a good game.

Good to see those fish lose. I cant stand the Jets either, but I hate Miami and Parcells and his arrogance. Cant stand anything to do with that team. I dont know who I despise more, the Miami Dolphins or the Yankees. Oh, I cant forget the Flyers now can I. Or Montreal.

I was so sorry to hear of the passing of George Blanda today. He was the go to man of many talents on the football field I enjoyed watching way back when for many years. A sad loss in the football world.

geogeblanda.jpg

He will always be a Raider to me. I will never forget in the late 1960s when he won seven games in a row in the last minute by either kicking a field goal or coming in as the backup quarterback to Lamonica to win the game. He was a straight on kicker from the old school. Those guys will never come agian. I remember dempseys field goal against the Lions like it was yesterday. 1968. 63 yards to win it and straight on with a clubbed foot. Elam eventually tied the record in recent years but it was not as tough a kick. Not on torn up real grass and in less than perfect weather like Elam for Denver. It was bound to be tied but still is not broken. Blanda was a great player. He looked like a guy that should have been at a local bar rather than out on the field at the end, but man, at his age the things he did.

I still cant believe this Bills organization. They release Edwards and now Jacksonville picks him up and are playing the Bills soon. If Edwards starts I will cheer for him. Im disgusted with this decision and many others. As long as Wilson is running this team, we are in trouble. I dont care about putting up a fight at New England. The idiot threw an interception at the end that when we had a shot.

Time for a Lion update.....How bad are we ?

Our record in the last 43 games is 3-40. Let me repeat that for you.....3-40. :blink:

We've lost 22 road games in a row. We are 2 away from the NFL road losing streak of 24.....but um, that losing streak is ours from 2001 - 2003.

We have not won in Green Bay since 1991. We have not won in Minnesota in 13 tries. We have also never beaten Brett Favre on the road. I believe he is 18-0 against the Lions. Since many home games are blacked out due to lack of attendance, I haven't watched the Lions win a game on tv since the '07 season.

The darkest hour is just before dawn.

Time for a Lion update.....How bad are we ?

Our record in the last 43 games is 3-40. Let me repeat that for you.....3-40. :blink:

We've lost 22 road games in a row. We are 2 away from the NFL road losing streak of 24.....but um, that losing streak is ours from 2001 - 2003.

We have not won in Green Bay since 1991. We have not won in Minnesota in 13 tries. We have also never beaten Brett Favre on the road. I believe he is 18-0 against the Lions. Since many home games are blacked out due to lack of attendance, I haven't watched the Lions win a game on tv since the '07 season.

The darkest hour is just before dawn.

Not any better being a Bills fan. You guys played real well first two weeks. I thought you might beat Minnesota. I say the Lions are going to get better. They can score but defense seems to be the problem. They play in Buffalo. What a game that should be. ha. I am so disgusted that they got rid of Edwards there are no words to describle. I hope the Lions do start winning.

Not any better being a Bills fan. You guys played real well first two weeks. I thought you might beat Minnesota. I say the Lions are going to get better. They can score but defense seems to be the problem. They play in Buffalo. What a game that should be. ha. I am so disgusted that they got rid of Edwards there are no words to describle. I hope the Lions do start winning.

Well we have to get better I guess. It would be hard not to if you get a SUH every year. The man is outstanding....a one man wrecking crew. I haven't seen him not get double teamed yet, and it means nothing to him. Our linebackers and secondary might be the worst I've ever watched....and man that's saying something ! As for myself, I've been Lion-free for several years now. That doesn't mean I don't watch, I just don't plan anything around them. Many a bar-b-que has been ruined by the paper Lions. I refuse to attend a game. I work six days usually, and they don't deserve my Sundays. I actually kind of like it when they're blacked out locally. I can focus on a real game.

Green Bay is over-rated because of their offensive line. They're lucky Rogers can move, and he should be rolling out more before they get him killed.

Don't be so hard on old man Wilson. He just wants to win. If he kicks the bucket, Buffalo might lose the team. I wish you guys would have won one of those Super Bowls just so Ralph could tease the hell out of his Grosse Pointe neighbor.

Well we have to get better I guess. It would be hard not to if you get a SUH every year. The man is outstanding....a one man wrecking crew. I haven't seen him not get double teamed yet, and it means nothing to him. Our linebackers and secondary might be the worst I've ever watched....and man that's saying something ! As for myself, I've been Lion-free for several years now. That doesn't mean I don't watch, I just don't plan anything around them. Many a bar-b-que has been ruined by the paper Lions. I refuse to attend a game. I work six days usually, and they don't deserve my Sundays. I actually kind of like it when they're blacked out locally. I can focus on a real game.

Green Bay is over-rated because of their offensive line. They're lucky Rogers can move, and he should be rolling out more before they get him killed.

Don't be so hard on old man Wilson. He just wants to win. If he kicks the bucket, Buffalo might lose the team. I wish you guys would have won one of those Super Bowls just so Ralph could tease the hell out of his Grosse Pointe neighbor.

I see wide right in my dreams. The Giants announcer saying "its long enough". I really dont know if Wilson wants to win. He doesnt sign TO. I see blackouts coming the next few games. And in Buffalo that is a rare thing. Dumping Edwards for no good reason. And this linebacker that is always injured. We have some talent. I actually think we have one of the best secondaries in football. But no pass rush since they showed Schoebel the door. He is home collecting his money and laughing. I do think better days are ahead for both our teams, but how long? The Lions have alot of promise on offense. They need to get guys to stop the run. We have three good running backs and dont need three. Someone come and get Lynch, and you have a good back. in return we need a pass rusher. I am going to wear my Edwards jersey still. I may even cheer for Jacksonville to beat us if he plays to prove these fools wrong. Thank God hockey is coming

I was so sorry to hear of the passing of George Blanda today. He was the go to man of many talents on the football field I enjoyed watching way back when for many years. A sad loss in the football world.

geogeblanda.jpg

I'm sure he probably beat the 49ers a time or two with a last minute field goal.

I think the Niners are in purgatory (or hell as the case may be).

<_<

I'm sure he probably beat the 49ers a time or two with a last minute field goal.

I think the Niners are in purgatory (or hell as the case may be).

dry.gif

one must think Singletary is skating on thin ice. I never thought he was coaching material. Now that he is onn his own the cream is rising to the top. Or should I say the garbage. They will end up firing him if things dont turn fast and I do not see that happpening. When he took over the team already had a fairly good foundation on defense. And he was a good motivator like Cowher. But that is it. He will not last. The Rams could be the real shocker this year. just look what they did to Washingtono. Even though, I think McNabb and Shanahan are in for a long year. It looks llke the Giants too. This game with Chicago is a monster for the Giants. It will either put them back on the map or it will expose them for being a not very good team. Should be an interesting game. I have never cheered against my own team. But they have me on the brink of doing so. I am so disgusted they released trent Edwards. We play them in two weeks. Hope he starts and hope he lights up our defense. Its a certaiinty that Buffalo will be drafting a new QB now. To get the best guy they must have the worst record. With the Raiders around that will be tough. I still think the Raiders are the worst team in football.

Someone should tell Jay Cutler the objective is NOT to get sacked. He's been brought down 9 times in this half by the Giants defense. What a joke. I know fuck-all about football and even I can see that's a bad game.

And when that happens the team that does it should be winning by far more than 3-0. So as bad as it went, they are only down 3-0 because the Giants offfense is in complete disarray.

Another nail in the coffin yesterday.

:slapface:

At least the Giants won the NL West.

:)

Singletary is a good motivator. But being a tough Lombardi type guy will only work for a short time in this day and age. It has caught up with the old boy and I feel bad for him. But he knew what he was getting himself into. Coaches dont last long if they dont win. I dont know who they play next but I would say if they dont win a game soon, he will be out.

Archived