Random Facts About Yourself

Puck Slapping Maple Sucker

I had a matching purple Scoop cell phone but it was a piece of crap so I got a new one.

We've had this conversation before! #lol#

I am at Level 12 in Farm Town (my potatoes are ready to harvest)

I have helped 2 of my kids straighten out their school schedules this week (and hope that it won't be necessary with child #3; that's a lot of faxing)

I have a bachelor's degree and 3 credits toward an MBA, and my oldest child will officially surpass my highest achieved level of math and science this year as a HS Junior

I still haven't seen Harry Potter VI yet :(

I'm a level 30 and I'm slightly ashamed that I have nothing better to do than play Farm Town. ;)

Facts about me:

1. I'm 28 years old.

2. I have never lived in any state or town other than Boise, Idaho and I've been recently thinking more and more and more about changing that. I really think people should live in many different places in their lives in order to be able to say they're well-rounded people.

3. I'm certified to teach English 6-12 in the great State of Idaho.

4. I'm almost certified to teach reading K-12, history 6-12 and earth science 6-12.

5. I've never been married or engaged.

6. I've never broken up with anyone before, they usually dump me.

7. I love swimming and being around water, (I'm an aquarius).

8. I wish to travel the world. (The only countries besides the U.S. I've been to are Canada and Germany, and I've been to nineteen states.)

9. I'm the oldest child, I have two younger sisters: 23 and 16. My 23 year old sister beat me to motherhood. ;)

10. I am the first person in my family to obtain a 4-year college degree, (but it took me almost ten full years).

I'm sure I've got more... ;)

- I can't smell rotten milk...I have to get somebody else to check it for me if it's getting near the Use By date, or else I'll go ahead and drink a whole glass full of bad milk

- I used to know all the words to Ice, Ice Baby in high school. I don't really like the song, I just thought it would be funny to blow people's minds by rapping along to the whole thing at school dances (the weirder part is that someone actually thought it would be cool to play that song 10 years after it came out)

- I think the hardest LZ song to play on guitar is Immigrant Song...MAN that sucker is fast!! Ok, actually Babe I'm Gonna Leave You is harder, but I think I'm just using the wrong technique...gotta pay a visit to the musician's corner here and ask about that one)

- I wear jeans 99% of the time. I do own other pants, but who really needs 'em?

- I have played one of Elvis's favorite pianos (and I have pics to prove it!)

- I've read/touched the original manuscript for Hemingway's The Sun Also Rises at the University of Virginia, with his corrections on it and everything!

I love to cook.

I love mornings - sitting by my lake, with coffee.

Favourite colour is green.

I am a bass player.

I appreciate the beauty of nature.

If I were to move to the USA, it would be Texas.

I am of Scottish/Irish descent.

I am 6'4" tall, two hundred and thirty pounds of thundering glory - lol!

:o Oh my goodness. Nice to meet YOU. :D

Hmm...

I like staying up until... about 2:30am,

I've been stepped on by a horse,

I have been on a small mountain in New Mexico in a truck on a very small road made for Jeeps,

I have listened to the Sgt. Pepper's album a total 37 times,

I have Scoliosis (a medical condition in which a person's spine is curved from side to side, shaped like an "s", and may also be rotated) Mine's not bad.

I just got a haircut that makes me look like John Lennon,

And I just sneezed.

- I think the hardest LZ song to play on guitar is Immigrant Song...MAN that sucker is fast!! Ok, actually Babe I'm Gonna Leave You is harder, but I think I'm just using the wrong technique...gotta pay a visit to the musician's corner here and ask about that one)

Isn't hard, FOD. The riff as such is simply doggedly repeating that F# octave - second fret of the low E string, fourth fret of the D string. What you do is you just strum it up and down like you would any other chord, while muffling the A string. Then for the part where Robert starts singing the actual lyrics you quickly strum the A and E chords, etc. See what I mean?

BIGLY you have to fingerpick to get it right. Basically your right hand has to be in a really steady position and then you just practice. practice, practice, until the fingers of your right hand seem to move by themselves without you having to think about it - leaves you free to concentrate on the chord changes and the little details and stuff you need to do with your left hand.

If you've never done any fingerpicking it might be a good idea to start out playing a simple little thing, like the regular D chord, using your thumb to pick the D string. Do not use the little finger, and just use the other three fingers to pick the G, B and E strings individually. Practice that, with your hand rock steady above the strings - make sure the hand is not moving at all, just your fingers. Then you can start changing the notes around on the E string, using the notes E - F# - G while otherwise you just keep going with the D chord.

Another random fact about me: I'm literally addicted to Utube, whenever I'm not out for a walk, I'm on Utube, it's just such an amazing site, I really do stay up till the early hours of the morning just watching stuff on there. It's bad I know.

:D Do you have an account? I'm LedHead1997 if you want to add me!

I am loyal to my family and close friends.

I have become somewhat of a private person

Love to stay home and listen to music, watch movies

Love My Dogs

I dated Bobby Unser (3 time Indy 500 winner) for one year

Love Blue Jeans & a t-shirt

Registered Independent

Love to decorate my home-very contemporary style

Do not wear makeup unless I have to

Appreciate and respect nature

Like to be around people who make me laugh

Goes without saying-listen to Zeppelin almost every day for 4 decades now

Isn't hard, FOD. The riff as such is simply doggedly repeating that F# octave - second fret of the low E string, fourth fret of the D string. What you do is you just strum it up and down like you would any other chord, while muffling the A string. Then for the part where Robert starts singing the actual lyrics you quickly strum the A and E chords, etc. See what I mean?

BIGLY you have to fingerpick to get it right. Basically your right hand has to be in a really steady position and then you just practice. practice, practice, until the fingers of your right hand seem to move by themselves without you having to think about it - leaves you free to concentrate on the chord changes and the little details and stuff you need to do with your left hand.

If you've never done any fingerpicking it might be a good idea to start out playing a simple little thing, like the regular D chord, using your thumb to pick the D string. Do not use the little finger, and just use the other three fingers to pick the G, B and E strings individually. Practice that, with your hand rock steady above the strings - make sure the hand is not moving at all, just your fingers. Then you can start changing the notes around on the E string, using the notes E - F# - G while otherwise you just keep going with the D chord.

That's the problem - it's so simple, but it goes so fast! You're right about the "dogged" part - I just need to practice until my fingers bleed so I can get it up to the speed on the record. I don't think I was muffling the A string, though...thanks, that's good advice!

BIGLY: I'm good with the fingerpicking, but I think I'm making the chord changes more difficult than they need to be. I'm just reading it out of a guitar book and trying to formulate the chords on my own, and well...it's not working, heh. Thanks for the help, though - I really appreciate it! :D

I am loyal to my family and close friends.

I have become somewhat of a private person

Love to stay home and listen to music, watch movies

Love My Dogs

I dated Bobby Unser (3 time Indy 500 winner) for one year

Love Blue Jeans & a t-shirt

Registered Independent

Love to decorate my home-very contemporary style

Do not wear makeup unless I have to

Appreciate and respect nature

Like to be around people who make me laugh

Goes without saying-listen to Zeppelin almost every day for 4 decades now

No fa-riggin' way!!! Wow! My dad's a big Al Unser fan, and I'm a bit of a racing nut myself (more on the NASCAR side, though), so that's pretty amazing! Hehe, this gives me hope...maybe I do have a shot with Tony Stewart after all! ;)

I am 15

I love to draw and sing.

I like reading manga and watching anime

I love buying records, makes me happy

I can fit 6ft of gum in my mouth

I stay up till the late hours of the morning as you can see

I don't get up till 3pm most days during summer :/

I love clothes and shopping, i love anything thats vintage looking

I have jewelry obsessions

Right now im obsessed with Steve Marriott and Brian Jones(random :))

Right now my favorite song is(it changes about every ten minutes)Play with Fire- Rolling Stones and Five to One- The Doors

And thats about all i can think of :D

Oop and I have many obsessions over the most random things

I love to cook.

I love mornings - sitting by my lake, with coffee.

Favourite colour is green.

I am a bass player.

I appreciate the beauty of nature.

If I were to move to the USA, it would be Texas.

I am of Scottish/Irish descent.

I am 6'4" tall, two hundred and thirty pounds of thundering glory - lol!

Haha Green is the Colour, huh? :D good song

That's the problem - it's so simple, but it goes so fast! You're right about the "dogged" part - I just need to practice until my fingers bleed so I can get it up to the speed on the record. I don't think I was muffling the A string, though...thanks, that's good advice!

BIGLY: I'm good with the fingerpicking, but I think I'm making the chord changes more difficult than they need to be. I'm just reading it out of a guitar book and trying to formulate the chords on my own, and well...it's not working, heh. Thanks for the help, though - I really appreciate it! :D

No fa-riggin' way!!! Wow! My dad's a big Al Unser fan, and I'm a bit of a racing nut myself (more on the NASCAR side, though), so that's pretty amazing! Hehe, this gives me hope...maybe I do have a shot with Tony Stewart after all! ;)

Hello FoD!

I'll try to find some pictures and post them over the weekend. Funny story how I met Bobby. I'll PM you on that later:-) I remember the cars always made me think of Bonham.

Registered here today, 08/11/09,

37 years old (almost..)

born in Germany and lived there until 2005,

then relocated to the USA,

Father of two, married,

Obsessed with guitars (even though I only own six of them) and music,

obsession with table-tennis (not ping-pong, you blasphemous souls.. :D )

two dogs......

Registered here today, 08/11/09,

37 years old (almost..)

born in Germany and lived there until 2005,

then relocated to the USA,

Father of two, married,

Obsessed with guitars (even though I only own six of them) and music,

obsession with table-tennis (not ping-pong, you blasphemous souls.. :D )

two dogs......

Welcome to the forum. Really some knowledgable people here.

Welcome to the forum. Really some knowledgable people here.

Hi and thanks, Deborah.

Yeah, I figured that already by browsing through the threads - a wealth of knowledge and interesting people, indeed.

I was also hoping to meet some "old friends" here I used to hang out with online in a Zeppelin chat room back ten years ago or so. Unfortunately, the chat-room was shut down for reasons unbeknownst to me.

Well, we shall se...

Signed up today August 11th... No wait, it's after midnight so the twelfth.

I play guitar, not very well though... But my teach is cool. <_<

I have a smorgasbord of odd thinkings (could be mental problems, results still pending. :thumbsup: ) they might just be eccentricity though, which could work well for me.

I love to read just about anything and everything.

I've had an infatuation with Led Zeppelin since about 4th grade- Er... Maybe 5th... Er... I don't know about as far back as I can remember.

Despite being an American I'm a fan of sports more common in Europe and other places, such as rugby. I'm a sucker for Nascar for some reason though. :blush:

I wish I had been born into my dad's generation so I coulda been a :hippy:, my generation hasn't had anything really awesome in just about anything. :(

Signed up today August 11th... No wait, it's after midnight so the twelfth.

I play guitar, not very well though... But my teach is cool. <_<

I have a smorgasbord of odd thinkings (could be mental problems, results still pending. :thumbsup: ) they might just be eccentricity though, which could work well for me.

I love to read just about anything and everything.

I've had an infatuation with Led Zeppelin since about 4th grade- Er... Maybe 5th... Er... I don't know about as far back as I can remember.

Despite being an American I'm a fan of sports more common in Europe and other places, such as rugby. I'm a sucker for Nascar for some reason though. :blush:

I wish I had been born into my dad's generation so I coulda been a :hippy:, my generation hasn't had anything really awesome in just about anything. :(

Welcome ledhead1994!

Hmm... I don't consider myself a very good player at all, but that sounds like you're not quite getting what I was talking about, because if your picking hand is positioned well and stable and you just strum the bloody thing both up and down (only the three relevant strings, of course) the speed as such shouldn't pose any difficulty at all. That's why I recommended just doing it as a chord, using your index finger to both fret the F# on the E string and to muffle the A string. Once you've become comfortable with the rhythm you can then start trying to pick the notes. That's slightly trickier, certainly. I don't think Pagey himself played this very precisely in a live setting.

BIGLY - well, I actually found the chord changes relatively easy. I never use tabs or any notation at all (can't read it), and often enough I am indeed very careless about trying to play things exactly like the original, but in this case I thought it was really easy to find out how Jimmy actually does it. The first chord is just the usual A minor. Assuming that the tab you're using is pretty much correct, what you have to think about is to make the chord changes "economical" so to speak, not moving more fingers than you actually have to. Perhaps you could try just strumming the chords while you're trying to figure this out, and then afterwards you can fingerpick them.

Erm couple more random facts.

I have a collection of "Real English Ales" which my dad is letting me have on my mantlepiece

I have a musical sheep magnet

At my dad's house, my bedroom wall is a dark sky blue.

I have a painting of a pirate on my wall (at dad's)

I have a pirate flag on my room (at mum's)

I collect beer bottle caps and badges.

I sometimes prefer to sleep on the floor rather than on my bed.

I'm wearing odd socks, coz I'm random. One is blue the other is green :lol:

I'm a weird person :lol:

I am a Canadian wilderness kind of guy, love the woods and water, can actually live in the woods with very little... but have been known to frequent hot beaches when its cold, usually for three to four day weekends (especially).

:)

Archived