Random Facts About Yourself

Puck Slapping Maple Sucker

I collect buddhas, but not happy buddhas.

Love it when men wear watches.

Housewife, mother, former English teacher…

Live in Hou, TX...moving to Pitts, PA

No Mr. Pibb is not a suitable substitute for Dr. Pepper.

The first song I listen to when I run is always ALS.

I love a man with a gap between his two front teeth ( :drool: Jimmy!)...but not big enough to drive a truck through.

I am a teeth fetishist.

I'm allergic to all fruit except bananas and organic pears.

New fav wine – 14 Hands Hot to Trot

Fav new show - Archer

Fav movie – the Godfather

Unabashed librul

I will never finish the Mark Twain autobiography.

I would love to live near the water some day.

I prefer a backyard party over a noisy club.

I'd rather talk to you over a beer than read your status updates.

Sites I visit every morning in this order – email, Led Zep Forum, Royal Orleans, and Huffpo.

I look nothing like a "SummerMoon".

Plant freak since 17

I can't figure out how to post pix on this forum :blush: .

Well...

~I am married with two boys

~Even though I am an American, I don't eat at McDonald's and I do exercise. Having said that, I love cheeseburgers but good ones like In N Out and Smashburger. I do try to stay healthy and eat buffalo meat if available. Yum!

~I love animals. We just adopted two black kittens.

~I love to paint, I just need to find time.

~I love beer but had to give it up since my metabolism isn't what it used to be.angry.gif

~I am going to Singapore in a couple of weeks.

~As I get older, my spelling is going to shit.

~I hate hot weather which begs the question of why do I live in Houston.

~I was born the day of the infamous Milan concert: July 5, 1971.

~My favorite Zep album is III because it took me by surprise.

~I was a huge Duran Duran fan in the '80's. And I find it humorous that Mr Page's daughter Scarlet was also a fan. Didn't he hate groups such as DD?

~I have two dogs: a Golden Retriever named Henry and a Doberman Pincher mix named Guinness. Our cat is Johnny. I found out, not too long ago, that Henry was a nickname for heroin, Johnny is a nickname for condom and of course, we have a dog named after beer. Party at our house!biggrin.gif

Kiwi what a clever young Lady you are, well done. :thumbsup:

2 I love Musicals, my fav being 'Sound of Music'

4 I am a hand washing freak, (Don't like to shake hands with total strangers)

7 I love ALL American Cop type shows, my Fav being NCIS

That is all I can think off at the moment..

Why, thank you "Fool" :friends: and you and I have facts 2, 4 and 7 in common B). I do like to watch the show COPS (where the theme song "Bad Boys" really makes me laugh :lol:) and I love shows like SVU, Criminal Minds, Without A Trace, Bones and Cold Case :)

over 3000 hits of LSD and still functional.

If you really took over 3000 hits of LSD that means that you had been on Acid (LSD) for over a total period of 8 years of your life. 3000 divided by 365 (days a year) = 8.2191780821918... Do you really expect anybody to believe that? Unless you were good friends with the Grateful Dead, Timothy Leary, Ken Kesey or Stanley Owsley, I say that You are full of Shit. Maybe you took around 300 good hits of LSD and somehow are convinced that the 300 became 3000. That I could maybe believe.

10 random facts about me:

1. One of the best friends I have I met on this forum. :) You know who you are. ;)

2. I don't drink, smoke or eat meat, but that doesn't mean I live a boring life.

3. I have a PhD and I'm a published author (sorry for blowing my own trumpet! :P )

4. I love craft, and spend much of my spare time making things.

5. I have a brother who's 2 years older than me, and a little sister who's 15 years younger than me.

6. I have a phobia of snakes which comes from an huge African python being brought into school when I was 5 and placed around my neck! :o

7. I prefer the countryside to the city.

8. I have a pet guniea pig called Bertie.

9. I'm hopeless with new technology.

10. My best feature is my hair (or so I'm told).

1. One of the best friends I have I met on this forum. :) You know who you are. ;)

2. I don't drink, smoke or eat meat, but that doesn't mean I live a boring life.

3. I have a PhD and I'm a published author (sorry for blowing my own trumpet! :P )

5. I have a brother who's 2 years older than me, and a little sister who's 15 years younger than me.

6. I have a phobia of snakes which comes from an huge African python being brought into school when I was 5 and placed around my neck! :o

I would like to comment on number 3...thank you for sharing that! Those are, as the post suggests, random facts about you. Knowing how difficult those things are to achieve, I say bravo!

hi there!

interesting list. i am very impressed with no.3 also. what is the name of the book, and what is it about? what do you have a PHD in?

1). Im starting to take life too seriuosly these days.

2). I love bbq'ing

3). I take the train everyday to work (downtown)

4). I smile at girls walking down the street to see if they'll smile back - I'm hitting about an 80% average.

5). I get "Sebastian Bach alot, dont see the resemblance - maybe the same hair?

6). I love to cook.

7). I am Director of Photography for a new Documentary regarding a famous Canadian band

8). I love coffee

9). I love the rain.

10). I am a romantic when I'm not in a mood (see fact#1)

hi there!

interesting list. i am very impressed with no.3 also. what is the name of the book, and what is it about? what do you have a PHD in?

Thank you for your interest. :) My PhD is in political science (specifically political economy and political ideologies). The book is based on my PhD thesis and is about neo-liberalism - a pro-free market ideology that became very popular in Germany, Britain and the US after the Second World War. The book is about the intellectual genesis of neo-liberalism, and how its central ideas shaped policy debates in these countries.

1.I love playing guitarguitar_mood.gif

2.I love collecting and listening to vinyl records stereo.gif

3.I wear a different Led Zeppelin shirt to school literally everyday, it's what I'm known for

4.I don't watch that much tv, way more into music

5.I am rather shy in person, that's probably why I don't post here that much

6.I plan on pursuing a career musically, whether it be with a band, solo, or as a session musician

7.I love the little things in life

8.I love music, it's my life

9.I would kill to live in the late 60's and 70's

10.I love staying up late

1). Im starting to take life too seriuosly these days.

2). I love bbq'ing

3). I take the train everyday to work (downtown)

4). I smile at girls walking down the street to see if they'll smile back - I'm hitting about an 80% average.

5). I get "Sebastian Bach alot, dont see the resemblance - maybe the same hair?

6). I love to cook.

7). I am Director of Photography for a new Documentary regarding a famous Canadian band

8). I love coffee

9). I love the rain.

10). I am a romantic when I'm not in a mood (see fact#1)

I'd like to add #11...you are a big tease too! (hope that does not sound too strange coming from another guy? blink.gif )

I am referring to number 7. Do tell! If you can of course.

Ten random facts about me!

1. I'm really short, at 5'1. dry.gif

2. I'm starting my physics degree this year - one year earlier than I should!

3. I ride a motorbike: a Yamaha FS1E.

4. I have a grand total of 15 body piercings.

5. And 6 tattoos (one of them being 'ZoSo' on my wrist).

6. I am allergic to gold.

7. I have really small feet - UK size 3.

8. My hair has been literally every colour of the rainbow!

9. I have met Jimmy Page and Robert Plant more than once.

10. I was one of the youngest people at the O2 reunion (I had just celebrated my 14th birthday).

happy.gif

Good Taste there Kiwi, ;)

Thank you Fool! ;)

More random facts about myself :

11. If you see me walking down the street, alone, you can be sure that I have my ipod plugged in, listening to one of my favourite songs! B)

12. My shoe size is 11 (in terms of sizes in the UK and NZ) (it is apparently 45 in terms of sizes in Europe!). I have been told that I have big feet! :P

13. I love cats (but I have never had a pet! dry.gif )

14. I am 5ft 11 inches tall

12. My shoe size is 11 (in terms of sizes in the UK and NZ) (it is apparently 45 in terms of sizes in Europe!). I have been told that I have big feet! :P

Kiwi that is quite large for a woman. If NZ is anything like here, you must find it difficult buying shoes in that size. If it makes you feel any better, most supermodels have feet that are a size 10 or 11. :) I'm a size 6 which is average for a woman today, but means all shoes in my size sell out quickly during sale time!

Kiwi that is quite large for a woman. If NZ is anything like here, you must find it difficult buying shoes in that size. If it makes you feel any better, most supermodels have feet that are a size 10 or 11. :) I'm a size 6 which is average for a woman today, but means all shoes in my size sell out quickly during sale time!

Well Magic, I practically live in sneakers. Believe it or not, once I reach the shoe store, without a moments hesitation, I get to the Men's section of the store as quickly as I can! :P Apparently, the biggest possible size in the Women's section in stores like Number One Shoes is 9! :huh: BTW, you and my mom have the exact shoe size! :D

Thank you Fool! ;)

11. If you see me walking down the street, alone, you can be sure that I have my ipod plugged in, listening to one of my favourite songs! B)

13. I love cats (but I have never had a pet! dry.gif )

14. I am 5ft 11 inches tall

Hi Kiwi,

Thats tall for an Orc ya know? :lol: and you have the same shoe size as me although I prefer a 12 for comfort, No11, yep I'm the same there. ;)

Kind Regards, Danny

Hi Kiwi,

Thats tall for an Orc ya know? :lol: and you have the same shoe size as me although I prefer a 12 for comfort, No11, yep I'm the same there. ;)

Kind Regards, Danny

Hi Danny,

Well, I am pretty tall now, aren't I? :lol: Some of my classmates at Uni, just about come up to my shoulder! :lol:

Awesome to know that you and I have the exact shoe size! :D I do think it's very sensible that you get a pair which is one size bigger, for comfort! B) I've mistakenly bought shoes of a size 10 and I ended up with blisters all over my feet! :wacko: Sheesh! :lol:

Hi Danny,

Well, I am pretty tall now, aren't I? :lol: Some of my classmates at Uni, just about come up to my shoulder! :lol:

Awesome to know that you and I have the exact shoe size! :D I do think it's very sensible that you get a pair which is one size bigger, for comfort! B) I've mistakenly bought shoes of a size 10 and I ended up with blisters all over my feet! :wacko: Sheesh! :lol:

Hi Kiwi,

When I say "Comfort" its because my feet swell up in the summer and nobody knows why, and I only wear Asda Deckshoes/Sneekers, £5 a pair and I brought 30 pairs 5 years ago, so they should last me a few more years yet. I never wear shoes normaly but if I do I do what RP does, I get one of my employees to break them in for me. :o:lol: Actually I borrow my sons shoes who is a real size 12. ;)

Kind Regards, Danny

• 2 months later...

I am a life long zepp-fan.... I am so excited to find this site can't wait to make some friendszzz.. I'm 43 years old... I have lotzz of animalsz I like music and art... born and raised in Milwaukee Wisconsin moved to Gloucester Virginia about 6 years ago... love walking in the woods with my dogz..

My random facts:

1. Music is the thing that moves my life. I'm always listening at it. Making it is my biggest passion. Sometimes I think I'm a bit obsessed, but that is the thing that makes my life better by far

2. I studied Laws degree when I started university, but I found it very difficult and demotivating, so changed to Philologics and found my real vocation

3. I don't watch TV. Only the Simpsons when I can :lol:

4. I want to do lots of things I like but I don't spend time and energies enough to be really good at them. Music, dance, painting, etc... I would have three or four lives and I'd spent each one to one occupation. But that's not possible :P

5. I have times in my life that my mood changes frequently because of little things like the weather, and I hate that.

6. I'm more sensitive than people thinks, but I've always tried to hide it

7. I love horses

8. I don't like my voice when I talk, but I like it when I sing. It's strange, I know haha

9. I absolutely love dark hair. In men, in women; it attracts me so much. Yes, a silly obsession

10. I have always had problems with my sleeping habits. It takes so long for me to sleep when I'm in bed except when I am really tired. My poor mother suffered it when I was a child, she always fell asleep before me, and I was with my eyes like this :ph34r:

Archived