Random Facts About Yourself

Puck Slapping Maple Sucker

I had absinthe here in Idaho, of all conservative places! LOL A friend of ours had a client that gave it to him. We drank a lot of it one night--God bless wormwood. LOL

The guys that Dave worked with when they were deployed to Germany had some when I visited there, but it freaked me out because they were melting sugar with a lighter in a spoon, so I felt like I was doing crack or something--so I just ordered a hefeweisen. LOL

I had absinthe here in Idaho, of all conservative places! LOL A friend of ours had a client that gave it to him. We drank a lot of it one night--God bless wormwood. LOL

The guys that Dave worked with when they were deployed to Germany had some when I visited there, but it freaked me out because they were melting sugar with a lighter in a spoon, so I felt like I was doing crack or something--so I just ordered a hefeweisen. LOL

My uncle talks about it often, he had it while he was backpacking in Canada once. He's a fan of exotic drinks and is talking about oddities quiet a bit. :lol:

I'm seriously considering becoming a vegetarian.

Me and my flatmate are trying to cook a mushroom risotto. So far it tastes and smells very nice but I don't know whether the texture is going to be right. I hope so.

I didn't know absinthe was illegal in the states! Yeah, it's legal here in the UK but only to a certain percentage.

Random facts about me...

As I think you can guess, I'm called Julia

I'm a fresher at uni studying biology - but with no intent to actually do biology afterwards!

Other than Zep, I'm really into Bob Dylan who I've seen twice

I like chocolate buttons!

I hate dancing and only do it when extremely pissed :rolleyes:

erm...

I love Lord of the Rings and Lost!

My favourite colour is orange

I can't really think of anything really random...

Good luck, Chicken

There is so much variety, don't worry. It shall be easier than you think. :)

Thanks. :)

I'm just taking my time with deciding because mainly my reasons are that I would like to eat free-range all the time but can't afford to, and basically just that I find meat pretty gross half the time. The other day my boyfriend was making some burgers out of a lovely batch of mince that his mum had got off her friend's farm, and his hands were getting all bloody and then when I was eating mine and really enjoying it, it was a bit pink in the middle and I just couldn't finish it. I just freak out when it dawns on me that I am eating something's flesh, no matter how good it tastes.

It's not like I just plain disagree with the eating of animals or anything like that. I've always been of the opinion that it's a perfectly natural thing that human beings have done since human beings existed, but I really don't agree with the intensive farming methods we have these days.

Chicken would be the only thing I'd really miss. I love it, and I do eat quite a lot of it as it stands, but I just can't afford to eat free-range.

Most other meats I'm not that fussed about. I don't even like lamb and I don't really like pork, and I'm not that fussed about beef...so y'know...it kinda also makes me think that I might as well become a veggie seeing as I'm not a massive meat-lover anyway.

I really don't want to decide and then just give up a few weeks later though, which is why I'm giving it this much thought. I need to know if my heart's completely in it.

I'm gonna try it for a couple of weeks and see how I feel after that, I think. I'd say that's the best way of going into it.

Thanks. :)

I'm just taking my time with deciding because mainly my reasons are that I would like to eat free-range all the time but can't afford to, and basically just that I find meat pretty gross half the time. The other day my boyfriend was making some burgers out of a lovely batch of mince that his mum had got off her friend's farm, and his hands were getting all bloody and then when I was eating mine and really enjoying it, it was a bit pink in the middle and I just couldn't finish it. I just freak out when it dawns on me that I am eating something's flesh, no matter how good it tastes.

It's not like I just plain disagree with the eating of animals or anything like that. I've always been of the opinion that it's a perfectly natural thing that human beings have done since human beings existed, but I really don't agree with the intensive farming methods we have these days.

Chicken would be the only thing I'd really miss. I love it, and I do eat quite a lot of it as it stands, but I just can't afford to eat free-range.

Most other meats I'm not that fussed about. I don't even like lamb and I don't really like pork, and I'm not that fussed about beef...so y'know...it kinda also makes me think that I might as well become a veggie seeing as I'm not a massive meat-lover anyway.

I really don't want to decide and then just give up a few weeks later though, which is why I'm giving it this much thought. I need to know if my heart's completely in it.

I'm gonna try it for a couple of weeks and see how I feel after that, I think. I'd say that's the best way of going into it.

Thanks for sharing that. I completely understand your decision and perspective. I have been a vegetarian for decades and a vegan for the past five years. Feel free to PM me if you'd like any information or references. Good luck!

Thanks for sharing that. I completely understand your decision and perspective. I have been a vegetarian for decades and a vegan for the past five years. Feel free to PM me if you'd like any information or references. Good luck!

Hi!

Thanks very much.

I have indeed decided to take the plunge and go veggie. I'm on my fourth meat-free day now!

I'm gonna have a chat with my friend Charlotte (who's been a veggie for going on 10 years now) at the weekend, but if there's anything I'm still wondering about after that I'll drop you a line. :)

Hi!

Thanks very much.

I have indeed decided to take the plunge and go veggie. I'm on my fourth meat-free day now!

I'm gonna have a chat with my friend Charlotte (who's been a veggie for going on 10 years now) at the weekend, but if there's anything I'm still wondering about after that I'll drop you a line. :)

That's great. You won't miss it. I didn't. Feel free to ask me as well any questions etc.

Hi!

Thanks very much.

I could never go vegitarian. I tried a few times, it just isn't something I can do. I don't really have a problem with it now, though. Meat is a good thing to have in your diet. Just don't forget to find other sources of the proteins you need that are in meat, OK Chicken?

Lent in DC is no fun. They just don't have good seafood like in Ole B'more. I had to go to Subway for tuna salad. -

What is it with this whole absitenence thing anyway, is't not supposed to be enjoyable? :angry::blink:B):o

Abstinence is not enjoyable, but I do need to carry it out for my own sake. Of course, I don't have ANY problem with people who choose not to.

Abstinence is not enjoyable, but I do need to carry it out for my own sake. Of course, I don't have ANY problem with people who choose not to.

Abstinence during lent is to refrain from eating meat on Fridays.

Some people refrain from fish also but that is a different type abstinence.

I think you are referring to not getting any meat or not givin' up the tuna. I am sorry if I have confused you.

Archived