Random Facts About Yourself

Puck Slapping Maple Sucker

new ones that occurred to me whilst reading some of yours....

i build steel and iron buildings for a living. sometimes i tear the old ones down. i find doing them both exhilarating.

i collect books and have over two thousand-a library i am proud of. even though i have read all of them, i find i still read a select few over and over (and over).....sometimes 20-30 times.

i spend more time during the day worrying about 50 years from now than ever before....by 100%.

i love to ride a bicycle.....and i always have.

My Dad was a Ironworker in local 58 New Orleans He Built Buildings of Steel and Iron also.

• I was born with amblyopia AND a lazy eye that required surgery and am basically blind in my right eye and considered handicapped in school. I was teased mercilessly about my thick glasses
  • I used to be a pretty good pool shark
  • I ran away from home for the first time when I was 4
  • I have a driving phobia
  • I love to laugh and make people laugh
  • I've been married twice and my ex husband is spending the night as our houseguest tonight
  • My real father was phychotic and spent time in a mental institution for holding my moms family hostage with a gun trying to kidnap me when I was a baby (after she left him)
  • I love all animals and have always had pets. I miss my horses terribly and want to have a farm someday.
  • I love to make new friends and am trusting and giving of the benefit of the doubt
  • I love to read and nap and can spend days in bed without getting bored
  • I often don't know when to stop, I think the party should never end
  • I am generous and kind
  • I'm an avid Yoga practitioner
  • I beleive you can love more than one person at a time
  • I am selfish and self centered
  • I always get what I want
  • I make every person in the room feel like the most special person there, I love to hostess parties
  • I'm a woman who loves all the primping and pampering but also have no qualms about camping without a shower for a week
  • I've lived on the beach
  • I've swam with dolphins and stingrays
  • I was in marching band in high school LOL! Playing the trumpet and then as the American flag holder
  • I played my first big poker tourney last night and was the only girl - 30 guys, I finished 12th
  • I skipped so much school my Jr. year I was taken off the roll
  • I had to take a full day schedule and two night school classes my Sr. year just to graduate
  • I've been described by several people as the most complex person they know
  • Cleaning up after a sick dog or cat will make me puke, I don't think I could ever handle a baby - changing diapers
  • I am a damn good chef
  • I cry when an animal dies but people dying doesn't bother me that much (unless it's someone really close to me)
  • I am a pretty good skeet shooter
  • My first husband and I owned and trained a Hambletonian winner (the Kentucky Derby of Standarbred horses)
  • I was always giving the 'problem' horses to handle, I am a horse whisperer.
  • I worked in an exclusive discotech in the 80's and lived the good life ; ) Protected by mob bosses and invited to all the 'in' parties....limo transport all the way
  • I worked in a Jack in the Box in San Diego where I ran away with a boyfriend (who turned out to stalk me for years to come) One time I took a broom to him through the drive up window.
  • My first real job was as a lifeguard, I only had to save one little boy and got a great tan!
  • I like to sunbathe topless but find it difficult in the states. Isla Mujeres is my favorite travel destination
  • I want to travel! I have wanderlust.
  • This is too much information I'm sure!! :rolleyes:

• I was born with amblyopia AND a lazy eye that required surgery and am basically blind in my right eye and considered handicapped in school. I was teased mercilessly about my thick glasses
  • I've been married twice and my ex husband is spending the night as our houseguest tonight
  • My real father was phychotic and spent time in a mental institution for holding my moms family hostage with a gun trying to kidnap me when I was a baby (after she left him)
  • I love all animals and have always had pets. I miss my horses terribly and want to have a farm someday.
  • I love to make new friends and am trusting and giving of the benefit of the doubt
  • I am generous and kind
  • I make every person in the room feel like the most special person there, I love to hostess parties
  • I'm a woman who loves all the primping and pampering but also have no qualms about camping without a shower for a week
  • I was in marching band in high school LOL! Playing the trumpet and then as the American flag holder
  • I played my first big poker tourney last night and was the only girl - 30 guys, I finished 12th
  • I had to take a full day schedule and two night school classes my Sr. year just to graduate
  • Cleaning up after a sick dog or cat will make me puke, I don't think I could ever handle a baby - changing diapers
  • I am a damn good chef
  • I cry when an animal dies but people dying doesn't bother me that much (unless it's someone really close to me)
  • My first husband and I owned and trained a Hambletonian winner (the Kentucky Derby of Standarbred horses)
  • I worked in an exclusive discotech in the 80's and lived the good life ; ) Protected by mob bosses and invited to all the 'in' parties....limo transport all the way
  • I worked in a Jack in the Box in San Diego where I ran away with a boyfriend (who turned out to stalk me for years to come) One time I took a broom to him through the drive up window.
  • My first real job was as a lifeguard, I only had to save one little boy and got a great tan!
  • I like to sunbathe topless but find it difficult in the states. Isla Mujeres is my favorite travel destination

:huh: That's it? :D

My baby is due today!!!! :unsure: Both my daughters went 9 days overdue so i'm hoping, because this one's a boy, he'll be on time! I've got Zep cd's packed for the labour and a tiny Zep t-shirt for when he arrives, all the essentials!!! :lol:

Congrats!!

I hope everything goes okay. And I bet it will look great on him and he'll turn out a Zep fan.

Please let us know what happens. :D

My baby is due today!!!! :unsure: Both my daughters went 9 days overdue so i'm hoping, because this one's a boy, he'll be on time! I've got Zep cd's packed for the labour and a tiny Zep t-shirt for when he arrives, all the essentials!!! :lol:

Oh congratulations! Sending peaceful labor vibes your way! :)

Thanks to all of you for your good wishes, you'll gather he decided not to put in an appearance on his due date. Not to worry, i'm sure it won't be long now.

A random fact about me...... i HAVE to read for at least an hour before i can go to sleep. It drives my husband barmy!!!!! :D

Thanks to all of you for your good wishes, you'll gather he decided not to put in an appearance on his due date. Not to worry, i'm sure it won't be long now.

A random fact about me...... i HAVE to read for at least an hour before i can go to sleep. It drives my husband barmy!!!!! :D

Awww, I hope he doesn't keep you waiting too long, how exciting! Do you have a name picked out for him yet?

BTW...I have to read before I go to sleep too, even if it's just one page!

• I am generous and kind
  • I am a damn good chef

Had so much to smile when I read that. You must be a wonderful and interesting person!

Had so much to smile when I read that. You must be a wonderful and interesting person!

Thanks so much for your kind words! You are a fascinating person too Lucy! Hey! How did the first gig go for you?!! Did you post somewhere about it? We want to hear all the fun details!

Awww, I hope he doesn't keep you waiting too long, how exciting! Do you have a name picked out for him yet?

BTW...I have to read before I go to sleep too, even if it's just one page!

Yeah, we've chosen Logan James for him. We picked it out when i was expecting both of the girls, soooooooo pleased that we can finally use the name!!! :D I'm glad it's not just me who has to do the reading thing, him indoors will be firmly put in his place next time he complains :lol:

My parents don't know how many things I do online that would get my ass kicked if they found out. They never will, either...Praise Firefox!

I'm afraid of walking past a dark bathroom.

Mirrors creep me out.

So naturally, walking past a dark bathroom with a mirror in it is not a fun activity.

I can handle blood, guts, and all kinds of nasty, gorey things, but puke or people puking is the one thing that'll make me feel sick.

I used to watch those shows about surgery when I was little...My dad has always wanted me to be a doctor so he told me to.

I was obsessed with dinosaurs, too.

I hate talking on the phone.

My nickname at school is "Shamu" and I've been told to my face that nobody likes me. lolz, i r gonna b emo kid now.

• I am generous and kind
  • I am a damn good chef

You are so funny! :hysterical: :hysterical: :hysterical:

My parents don't know how many things I do online that would get my ass kicked if they found out. They never will, either...Praise Firefox!

I'm afraid of walking past a dark bathroom.

Mirrors creep me out.

So naturally, walking past a dark bathroom with a mirror in it is not a fun activity.

I can handle blood, guts, and all kinds of nasty, gorey things, but puke or people puking is the one thing that'll make me feel sick.

I used to watch those shows about surgery when I was little...My dad has always wanted me to be a doctor so he told me to.

I was obsessed with dinosaurs, too.

My nickname at school is "Shamu" and I've been told to my face that nobody likes me. lolz, i r gonna b emo kid now.

Hey! Welcome to the "obsessed with dinosaurs"club!

I did know all the names as a 5 year old.

PS Love your avatar!

eww me too. and they make me do it. ugh. I'm so uncomfortabLe on the phone that I reguLarLy mistake and say "yes I'm fine" to someone says me "HaLo"

Archived