Random Facts About Yourself

Puck Slapping Maple Sucker

Well...I'm 19 years old. Swedish. Doing my senior year in high school here in Sweden, so I'll graduare from the International Baccalaureate diploma programme june 2009.

I lived in Mexico for 1 and a half years, moved there with my family when I was 9.

My favourite European cities include Barcelona, London, Berlin, Prague and Paris.

Annie Hall is one of my favourite films.

Led Zeppelin is my favourite band. I also like Pink Floyd, Janis Joplin, Leonard Cohen, The Doors, U2, Jimi Hendrix, David Bowie, Simon & Garfunkel, Sade, Coldplay etc.

I have a huge (superficial) starcrush on Robert Plant. The footage from MSG -73 makes me weak.

When I grow up I'll be sitting on the floor on an attic in a big city, typing poems and novels with a cup of coffee.

I love my friends. I also like solitude, I'm a social loner.

Humans, music and poetry makes the world go around.

People think it's odd that I can wiggle my ears.

I really, really dislike lima beans.

Been crazy for Jimmy Page since the age of 5.

Loyal to my Calcio(soccer, futbol) club, S.S. Lazio.

But secretly roots for Juventus and AC Milan.

I speak 5 different languages.

Crazy for Jimmy...you don't say B)

And speaking FIVE languages? That's beyond cool! I only come to for, when you count Latin, which I can't speak really, only translate...but I'd love to learn Italian, ancient Greek and Sanskrit one day.

Crazy for Jimmy...you don't say B)

And speaking FIVE languages? That's beyond cool! I only come to for, when you count Latin, which I can't speak really, only translate...but I'd love to learn Italian, ancient Greek and Sanskrit one day.

LOL! How would you ever guess that one?

Yeah, 5! I love Latin. Hard to learn, but comes in handy. My best friend is Greek. She's teaching me the language. She knows a bit of the Ancient stuff, a little rusty, but eventually gets it.

LOL! How would you ever guess that one?

Yeah, 5! I love Latin. Hard to learn, but comes in handy. My best friend is Greek. She's teaching me the language. She knows a bit of the Ancient stuff, a little rusty, but eventually gets it.

I love ancient languages! Poets like Sappho or Catul are so amazing.

Odi et amo. quare id faciam fortasse requiris.

Nescio, sed fieri sentio et excrucior.

I hate and I love. How I do that you'll possibly ask.

I don't know, but that it happens I feel and I decay.

by Catul. Isn't that amazingly beautiful?

I love ancient languages! Poets like Sappho or Catul are so amazing.

Odi et amo. quare id faciam fortasse requiris.

Nescio, sed fieri sentio et excrucior.

I hate and I love. How I do that you'll possibly ask.

I don't know, but that it happens I feel and I decay.

by Catul. Isn't that amazingly beautiful?

Ah, the Roman poet Catullus

Thought it was:

I hate and I love. Why do I do it, perchance you might ask?

I don't know, but I feel it happening to me and I'm burning up.

Could just be a different take on translation?

Have you read, If Not Winter:Fragments of Sappho?

Probably you translated it way better than me, it's just a bit more cmplicated to translate from one foreign language in another foreign language... :D

Edited: I didn't read too much Sappho, I only know the bits my dad (who's teacher for greek and latin) translated for me.

Well...I'm 19 years old. Swedish. Doing my senior year in high school here in Sweden, so I'll graduare from the International Baccalaureate diploma programme june 2009.

I lived in Mexico for 1 and a half years, moved there with my family when I was 9.

My favourite European cities include Barcelona, London, Berlin, Prague and Paris.

Annie Hall is one of my favourite films.

Led Zeppelin is my favourite band. I also like Pink Floyd, Janis Joplin, Leonard Cohen, The Doors, U2, Jimi Hendrix, David Bowie, Simon & Garfunkel, Sade, Coldplay etc.

I have a huge (superficial) starcrush on Robert Plant. The footage from MSG -73 makes me weak.

When I grow up I'll be sitting on the floor on an attic in a big city, typing poems and novels with a cup of coffee.

I love my friends. I also like solitude, I'm a social loner.

Humans, music and poetry makes the world go around.

Hello, well that's just lovely, hope you get there

and welcome aboard! :wave:

Probably you translated it way better than me, it's just a bit more cmplicated to translate from one foreign language in another foreign language... :D

Edited: I didn't read too much Sappho, I only know the bits my dad (who's teacher for greek and latin) translated for me.

Cool, are you Greek then? or is you Dad just a teacher for Greek and Latin lit?

I just recall reading that in a college text. It sort of stuck in my mind for sometime. It captures the essence of love/hate feeling in life

I'm 33

I love Jimmy Page out of every star there is alive

Led Zeppelin is probobly my favorite band. I also love the Beatles, Bonzo Dog Band and a lot of other classic rock. I love Guns N' Roses too.

I love all kinds of older films and grew up listening to my father's film sound tracks on vyinl.

I went to college for fashion design, which I would eventually like to get into.

Smoked Hash while watching a light show at the Pyramids in Cairo Egypt at the Giza Platue.in the early 90's

Went Diving at the Red Sea Resort in the Red Sea not far from Jeddah Saudi Arabia in the late 80's

Went Cave diving on the Coast of Cuba close to were they keep the Detainees in the early 80's

my mother is Israeli and my father is British so I live part time in England and part time in Israel...(I prefer the staying here in England ...I love the people, the culture, the music and the views here much more than Israel...)

My ancestry is Irish/English/Italian;

I have a younger brother and a younger sister (and I'm the shortest); :party:

I love to read travel memoirs (Bryson, Mayle etc.); :book:

I love beets; don't like eggplant or mushrooms; :thumbdown:

IMAX movies make me super queasy ; :wacko:

I love being outdoors, love hiking and campfires, and I'm not too scared of bugs, but I don't do tents. <_<

Greetings, I am still figuring out how this all works. I have seen Led Zeppelin 18 times between 1970 and 1977 and also have seen Plant and Page (separately and together) numerous times post Zeppelin.

YOU are the DUDE!! 18 times...and Plant & Page. I am impressed. What I would have given (right one or left one!!) to have seen one show. I suppose if you lived in the Stated in the mid 70's the chance of a Zeppelin tour was pretty good and you took the opportunities...fantastic. Mind you, I had the chance in '79 for the Knebworth Festival with a load of mates, but blew it in favour of a trip to Los Angeles!! Oh well, hindsight!!

18 times...WOW...I am impressed. I bet the memories of thet period of your life are awesome.

I've donated blood on several ocassions, had major surgery and submit to several blood tests each year and I still don't know what my blood type is. :huh:

some doc you are.....

btw, my profile pic was taken at lafitte's....

Archived