Random Facts About Yourself

Puck Slapping Maple Sucker

My favorite banana sandwich is...spread peanut butter on the bread first, then the sliced banana, then sprinkle some brown sugar (some might call it yellow sugar) on top of the banana!

I know what I'm having for lunch tomorrow!!

I'm 24

I'm 5'8 and 3/4

My favorite drink is OJ

I'm in college to be an Occupational Therapist

I'm afraid of heights, spiders, and drowning

I love Italian food

I like camping and hiking

My nickname is Goldie

Every year as a child, my costume for Halloween was a witch.

I play guitar and a little mandolin and lap steel in my band

-have read quite a few Stephen King books

-had dinner with Alex Lifeson at a golf tournament

-got Robert Plants autograph first hand as I have posted before

-love all nature especially sharks and black labs

-die hard Toronto Maple Leaf fan

-love my wife, friends and family

-beleive the youth of today are just fine and in some instances very inspiring

-have found joy in music from Liona Boyd to Chick Corea to Guns and Roses and of course the Zeps

-survived a house fire luckily

-hopeful were all on our way to great days

.....I'm off to walk my dog...cheers Rich

-

I can speak Yiddish

I have read every book made by R.L. Stine

I want to be a horror/mystery writer

I want to open a bed and breakfast when I'm older

My left foot does not have an arch

My favorite color is pink

Armadillos creep me out

I'm new to the Forum, (and forums generally)

I collect antiques and books.

I live in a village in England.

Passions are: art, music, reading, walking in the countryside, guitar playing, Earl Grey Tea, antique hunting

I have never smoked, done drugs, and I don't drink. Vegetarian too.

(Contrary the above, Life isn't dull!)

Oh, and to the banana sandwich brigade, try a little cinnamon sprinkled on the top!

• 1 month later...

I've been a hardcore Zeppelin fiend since I was 13 years old. My friends and I built a fort and called it The House Of The Holy. (I'm not making this up! We were total nerds.)

When I was 18, I met a beautiful chick and immediately fell madly in love with her. I was wearing a Zeppelin shirt.(Imagine that.) She said, "When I was thirteen, I had an erotic dream about Robert Plant!" I said,"Really? So did I!" It was a joke. Because I'm not gay. Seriously. I'm not. Not that there is anything wrong with being gay. But I'm not. ( Although, I did have several disturbing dreams about Page and a goat that I should probably see a therapist about someday.) Ahem.

I saw Page and Plant in '95. The parts I can remember were awesome. ( I drank just a bit in those days.)

I suffer from cluster headaches. The pain is indescribable. People have actually killed themselves over these things. I'm doing pretty well, though.

I work in the shipping department of a large hydraulic manufacturer. I absolutely detest my job.

I'm feeling very old lately. The gray streak in my hair is expanding at an alarming rate. My hair is still long, though.

Guess that's all for now

• 1 month later...

A little late I know to be writing in this thread as I have been a member for 2 years but hey here goes;

I was born in Liverpool

No I do not know the Beatles personally

I am 57 years old, I have two teenage daughters my 18 year old despises me with a passion and always threatens to smash my equipment and records, (only in temper, she never has)

I keep my vinyl albums in alphabetical order to make them easier to find (I have 548, I know as I have them listed) my family thinks I'm a sad bastard as I have rather long hair (no grey yet I'm lucky)

I have 6 guitars but can't play any of them very well and thats not lying, mind you I can play "Tangerine".

I lived in Cornwall (Newquay) for almost 10 years but I got pissed off with bar work and came back home to Liverpool.

I am currently out of work hence me writing this at 02.22 on a Saturday morning, our dog (golden labrador called Tom)is snoring away in his basket.

My friend calls me a self opiniated twat, I suppose he's right, I am never rude to people. I have respect for all people except thieves paedophiles murderers and people who think thy are better than everyone else.

I have a wide taste in music if I like someone a lot I buy as many of their albums as possible

I still buy vinyl albums from a shop in Liverpool, they are all in brilliant condition and it's great to be able to buy records that you wanted to buy when you were younger.

I grew up listening to the Beatles, arond 1968 the Beatles were floundering and I heard a recrd on the radio called "Good Times, Bad times", and I was hooked from that day on I have seen them 3 times and Percy once.

I used to have a drink problem drinking over 450 units per week (yes, thats true), now I am down to 14 units per week which is acceptable,

I haven't driven since I was convicted of drink driving in 2004, gave me a shock so I decided to keep away from cars.

That's about it I suppose, I shall now put on my headphones and listen to some music, (any questions will be answered, if anyone can be arsed to read this that is)My regards to everybody on the forum,

Joe xxxx

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I've been a member for just a month so I think it nice to introduce myself here in a few lines.

I'm 16, but look older to many people, and I'm not very tall

My sister Beatrice, 9 years old, loves rock music too and her favourite album is LZ III

I have two guitars (and use them very much), a classic one and an electric one (Epiphone Les Paul)

My guitar teacher is Steve Tessarin of Vanadium, a great Italian rock band of the 80s

I love pasta, and tea, 'cause I don't like milk

I can read ancient Greek and Latin

I'm hopeless at almost every sport which ends with -ball practised at school, but I'm excellent at swimming, skating and canoeing

I don't get on well with my classmates and I have few friends, but close

I'm going to move to another country in two years

My favourite book is "To kill a mockingbird" by Harper Lee, and fav movie, The Blues Brothers

And finally...On my kitchen wall we had STH first line written by a painter yesterday!

Currently working as an Environmental Manager 3000 miles west of Hawaii (in the middle of nowhere).

Got into Zeppelin when I heard "Immigrant Song" on my portable radio one winter morning when I was 11.

I've been to all seven continents, 54 countries, swam in all 5 oceans - yes, even the Antarctic.

Was fortunate enough to see Zeppelin at the O2.....on the DVD just to the right of Robert, I am the one waving the American flag in between the last three songs.

I was burned (5yo), stabbed (9 yo) and shot three times while in Zaire (36 yo). Amazed I'm still alive!

B.S. in Geology, M.S. in Land Development.

College football (American) is almost a third religion for me....following Catholicism and Zeppelintology.

Shook hands with Princess Di at Armistice Day in Paris at Notre Dame Cathedral. Most charismatic person I've ever met.

Most valuable Zep item - a Jimmy Page guitar pick from the P/P tour. Got it backstage off his amp from his guitar tech.

My only vice....chocolate chip cookies and milk. Every Saturday night. ALWAYS!

Love listening to Zep, Sabbath, Priest, Badlands, Queen, Foghat, Nugent, Purple...as well as Tchaikovsky and Mozart.

Favorite animals are rhinos, lizards and gorillas. I've gone on vacations to see them in the wild as well as help reseachers.

Liberal when it comes to the environment, conservative in social and economic areas.

Single, 52, 6 foot, 175 pounds....and I still have my hair! (Woo Hoo!)

Hope to retire early...next year....with a pair of Boston Terriers.

I've been a member for just a month so I think it nice to introduce myself here in a few lines.

I'm 16, but look older to many people, and I'm not very tall

My sister Beatrice, 9 years old, loves rock music too and her favourite album is LZ III

I have two guitars (and use them very much), a classic one and an electric one (Epiphone Les Paul)

My guitar teacher is Steve Tessarin of Vanadium, a great Italian rock band of the 80s

I love pasta, and tea, 'cause I don't like milk

I can read ancient Greek and Latin

I'm hopeless at almost every sport which ends with -ball practised at school, but I'm excellent at swimming, skating and canoeing

I don't get on well with my classmates and I have few friends, but close

I'm going to move to another country in two years

My favourite book is "To kill a mockingbird" by Harper Lee, and fav movie, The Blues Brothers

And finally...On my kitchen wall we had STH first line written by a painter yesterday!

very cool! :thumbsup:

May I just say that this is my favourite topic on the website, we each write on the site every day yet we don't really know anything about each other. Another good thing is that nobody puts anybody down and that is good. We all have our own misgivings and we all have made mistakes, but I think it's good to know something about the people we communicate with, one of my favourite jobs swas in a fruit & veg shop in Perranporth Cornwall, I did it for 2 years and I met some amazing people including a couple of "White witches" their words not mine, one of them sat down one day and did me a life reading.As one who does not believe in such things, I was absolutely fascinated she told me so many things about myself that she could not possibly have guessed or generalised, I'm waiting to see if what she said about my future turns out to be true.

I like this thread too: here we can reveal what we're really like, and here I notice a lot of admiration for each other, 'cause one is appreciated just the way he/she is, and that's great...by the way, thanks a lot Zepette, as soon as I manage to upload pics in my messages I'll send you all some photos of my beautiful new kitchen!

• 1 month later...

[i am on a different level] [one where i am generally outside of myself, silently observing what is happening even though i am involved] [i have very little connection with him, save for a few sporradic occaisions].

[i can and often am busy controlling humans with complex sets of non-verbal signals].

[i am on a different level] [one where i am generally outside of myself, silently observing what is happening even though i am involved] [i have very little connection with him, save for a few sporradic occaisions].

[i can and often am busy controlling humans with complex sets of non-verbal signals].

And your FOS!

[don't worry docron][anjin-san's just jealous cos you're even more irritating than he is]

[hey, I like this]

[funny thing is 4 years ago we were friends on here].

[i'm not irritating - nay, often misunderstood because of my progressive nature].

Archived