Random Facts About Yourself

I whilst driving home one Saturday in 1982 noticed a car speeding towards a set of traffic lights. It was only a narrow two lane carriageway, so I slowed down and then stopped about 50 yards from th lights good job I did as the driver came speeding through the red light and smashed into a car coming the other way, then the maniacs car overturned and crashed into a wall catching fire. This other bloke and me managed to pull the driver out of the burning car only to discover he was absolutely pissed. All I got for my troubles were no thanks from him and a pair of jeans covered in blood.A random fact about me.

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I whilst driving home one Saturday in 1982 noticed a car speeding towards a set of traffic lights. It was only a narrow two lane carriageway, so I slowed down and then stopped about 50 yards from th lights good job I did as the driver came speeding through the red light and smashed into a car coming the other way, then the maniacs car overturned and crashed into a wall catching fire. This other bloke and me managed to pull the driver out of the burning car only to discover he was absolutely pissed. All I got for my troubles were no thanks from him and a pair of jeans covered in blood.A random fact about me.

But you still saved someones son/father/brother! If I ever screw up like that (I don't drink though) hope someone like you comes by.

I was born and raised in the Cleveland, Ohio area. Still reside here. Married to my wonderful wife of 30 years and have a beautiful teenage daughter.

Discovered Rock and Roll music at the age of four when my dad played "Meet the Beatles" on his stereo. Nearly 50 years later I still love Rock music to this day.

I'm an annual member of the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame and go there a lot ( I can, I live a half hour away.)

My sports teams are the Browns, Buckeyes, Indians, Cavaliers, Mentor Cardinals, Detroit Red Wings, and the Manchester United soccer team, all in that order.

I'm a proud Republican. My favorite right wingers are Michael Savage, Greg Gutfeld, Kimberly Guilfoyle, Dana Perino, Eric Bolling, and Bill Shultz.

My favorite TV shows are: Burn Notice, World's Dumbest, The Five, and Red Eye.

Favorite bands: The Beatles, Led Zeppelin, Black Country Communion, Chris Duarte Group, Sonny Landreth, Eric Gales, The Guess Who, and Bachman and Turner.

I have a bunch of song ideas sitting downstairs in my basement office collecting dust, I have a Chocolate Lab named after a guitar player, I can't wait to retire so I can live in the Chalet I bought in Maine from November to April every year during ski season, I still wear size 33 waste, and coaching and playing soccer in the summer gives me great joy.

Random Facts About Me:

1. I have been to 182 shows, not counting small venues.

2. My old cinematic hero was Stanley Kubrick. My new one is David Fincher.

3. My favorite writer is Flannery O'Connor. Followed closely by Cormac McCarthy.

4. My favorite show of all-time is Van Halen's first U.S. tour, Celebrity Theatre, Phoenix Arizona, July 1978.

5. Physical Graffiti has been my favorite album for the last 35 years. In Utero was tied for first for much of the nineties.

6. I have an MBA, but currently manage a coffee shop at Arizona State University. Bloom where you're planted.

7. John Bonham was my first musical hero in life, Eddie Van Halen my second, Neil Peart my third.

8. My favorite non-fiction book is Insight Meditation by Joseph Goldstein.

9. I was metrosexual before there were metrosexuals.

10. I love that I am Aquarius.

11. I love the Pittsburgh Steelers.

12. The Wanton Song makes me dangerous in traffic.

13. I could have seen Zeppelin in '77. Instead I went to a really bad Alice Cooper concert. Oops.

14. Last week I saw Rush on Mushrooms. It was super-groovy!

15. I have a crazy obsession with Page's 1977 Theremin solos.

16. I have seen U2, Rush, and Van Halen each more than ten times. Don't hold Van Halen against me.

17. I once went to Coachella just to see DJ Shadow.

18. My favorite poet is Sylvia Plath. My favorite novel is Blood Meridian.

19. My favorite Jazz album is Timeless by John Abercrombie. My favorite Jazz group is Miles Davis' Second Great Quintet.

20. My favorite film of 2000-2010 is There Will Be Blood.

21. I had an out-of-body experience watching James Patrick listen to Rumble during It Might Get Loud.

In The Light since 1972.

Trampled Under Foot. My life with Led Zeppelin.

http://petedelorean.tumblr.com/

Edited by petedelorean

I like Led Zeppelin a lot but they are not my favourite band

I am a little fatter than I used to be

I live in a house with 13 doors

The last song I heard was The Chant Of The Ever-Circling Skeletal Family

I woke up today with a sore throat and a head fulll of snot

I found 3 cans of lager yesterday that I forgot I had

I walk with a limp after a bad motorbike accident when I was 24

My favourite woman is Jessica Alba

My favourite movie is Caddyshack

My favourite food is omelettes

I used to believe in god but now I don't

My wife is being unfaithful, she doesn't know that I know, but the thought of it turns me on

I like Led Zeppelin a lot but they are not my favourite band

I am a little fatter than I used to be

I live in a house with 13 doors

The last song I heard was The Chant Of The Ever-Circling Skeletal Family

I woke up today with a sore throat and a head fulll of snot

I found 3 cans of lager yesterday that I forgot I had

I walk with a limp after a bad motorbike accident when I was 24

My favourite woman is Jessica Alba

My favourite movie is Caddyshack

My favourite food is omelettes

I used to believe in god but now I don't

My wife is being unfaithful, she doesn't know that I know, but the thought of it turns me on

Are you on drugs or drunk? You sound like a very disturbed man. If you need reassurance just ask for it, the people on this website are good listenersb and can offer you good advice. Then you spoilt it all by stating that the thou8ght of your wife being unfaithful turns you on. Therefore that in my opinion makes you an attention seeker, so Fuck Off to another website.

Are you on drugs or drunk? You sound like a very disturbed man. If you need reassurance just ask for it, the people on this website are good listenersb and can offer you good advice. Then you spoilt it all by stating that the thou8ght of your wife being unfaithful turns you on. Therefore that in my opinion makes you an attention seeker, so Fuck Off to another website.

Welcome old shep to the great world of Joe ;)

Welcome old shep to the great world of Joe ;)

Hello chillunpuffer, I can't see what's so great about the world of Joe, just a typical scouser maybe. Is he the offical welcoming party here or something, if so maybe someone should tell him 'YOU'RE FIRED'.

my old school sang on Wizzard's I Wish It Could Be Christmas Everyday.back in the 70's

I met Carmen Jane Plant (Jones)

I dated one of her friends back in the 80's

I've been a Zeppelin fan since 1978

I have never seen Led Zeppelin :(

Zeppelin split up on my birthday December 4th 1980.

...enjoying this thread.

I have an unquenchable penchant for gardening.

Make it a point to consider what is right and what I do have, give little weight to mistakes and what I do not have.

Seek out and make an effort to show appreciation RAK.

Enjoy anonymous giving.

Play golf to a +3 handicap

I know a few guys who like that as well

Charles, you know how they say 'be careful what you wish for because it might come true', well I wished and now I'm living the dream. Also if I get fed up and bring the hammer down, it will be great because she is our breadwinner, she is minted, and I can take her to the cleaners.

Led Zeppelin is my favorite band.

I leave my window open at night to listen for the trains from miles away. Sometimes, if it's really quiet, I can hear them rolling over the tracks.

I look at the moon each night before I go to sleep.

I don't lie. I can't remember the last time I did. So naturally, I have a low tolerance for those who do.

I smoke too much.

I don't get off enough.

My physical appearance doesn't match my attitude.

I almost drowned, too! It was a long time ago but it was real. D: Scary how things like that happen.

That happened to me twice, second time I was pulled out of the sea by tourists.

I still happen to hate large bodies of water, and have never learned to swim.