Robert Plant UK tour dates

sturie

^^^

Oh, I see. I understand your position better now, and it seems to be one shared by walterswalk, among others.

I think people will see it different to be honest Steve, I just read it the same way 9lives did. Who is right and who is wrong?

I think people will see it different to be honest Steve, I just read it the same way 9lives did. Who is right and who is wrong?

Well, I've thought of something that may prove everyone correct - his first gig in the United States as a solo artist was at the Civic Center in Peoria, Illinois on August 26, 1983. While it was the opening night of a lengthy North American & UK tour, it was also a warm-up (if you like) in the sense that he was reestablishing himself as a solo artist and for this reason had purposefully avoided opening the tour in a major market like New York or Los Angeles.

"In the afternoon of that day in Peoria, Ill., I was really emotional. Hopping up and down and pacing around. I mean, in those days, Led Zeppelin was legendary. It was still alive."

"I thought, maybe I should just quit now [because] nothing could be like that. But on the other hand the great challenge was, what's it going to be like?"

"I walked onto the stage and I was absolutely drowned". "I was reduced to the size of a mouse because the response from the audience was amazing."

- Robert Plant on National Public Radio (USA) (January 2007)

Hey-Hey mama! Robert Plant revisits Peoria (kinda)

by Jeff Kepler

Peoria Journal Star

January 23, 2007

Robert Plant has revisited Peoria.

Not physically, mind you. (He didn't throw a surprise concert down at the Red Barn over the weekend, despite our repeated requests.) While discussing a new solo boxedset in an interview with National Public Radio, the former Led Zeppelin singer talks candidly about his very first solo performance in 1982: right here in Peoria. Said Plant: "I walked onto the stage and I was absolutely drowned. I was reduced to the size of a mouse because the response from the audience was amazing."

There you have it, P-town. Had the central Illinois fans booed the guy, maybe his musical odyssey would have ended right there. Nice job.

As for the show itself, the Journal Star archives show that it actually happened in August 1983, not the year before. Our own Theo Jean Kenyon (still kicking it here at the paper after all these years) wrote "Robert Plant's sound and light rock show makes 'Beatlemania' look like an ice cream social. Bathed in green light while purple, white and green spotlights ricocheted across the arena ceiling, Plant drew a pandemonium of roars and cheers when he told a Civic Center audience last night 'it's really great to be backactually that's not appropriateit's our first date.'"

And let's hope that if Plant ever returns to town, he finds something else to wear. Kenyon's review states he wore a "red jumpsuit tied with a white sash and wearing white slippers."

Edited by SteveAJones

Weren't there 4-5 dates overseas (England, Sweden, Norway I think) prior to the US tour?

No, those dates were the following month. Louisville can legitimately claim to have hosted opening night of the tour and they played the same venue a second time the following night. I recall there was a bit of a fuss in KY at the time as what proved to be the the first show (April 19th) actually went on sale after the first date (April 20th) had sold out meaning ticket holders for the 20th no longer held "I was there" bragging rights for the tour opener.

No, those dates were the following month. Louisville can legitimately claim to have hosted opening night of the tour and they played the same venue a second time the following night. I recall there was a bit of a fuss in KY at the time as what proved to be the the first show (April 19th) actually went on sale after the first date (April 20th) had sold out meaning ticket holders for the 20th no longer held "I was there" bragging rights for the tour opener.

That's right - I was at Wembley which was in May :slapface:

I thought that Lousiville had to be opening night. I have been watching Alison Krauss perform since she was 16, and I had never seen her so visibly nervous on stage as she was that evening. I remember several Plant fans asking me if she was always that "stiff" on stage, and I tried to explain to them that she was a veteran performer and that she is usually "at home" on stage. Fotunately she became more relaxed as the tour progressed.

Hmmm, I screwed this one up :( Didn't get the email until I got into work this morning, which was too late to pre-order the CD from HMV. If anyone here by complete chance gets 2 presale codes, I would be massively grateful for the use of one of them (or if someone for some reason isn't planning on using their code to get tickets). I'd like to take the wife to the London gig for her birthday, not really sure what my chances would be like in the general sale. Please PM me or post here if you can help :)

Thanks!

:cheer::wave: Fenix!!!!! So great to see you mate :)

Sorry, back to the thread...

Hey Nine just popped in for looksee....hardly recognise anyone. Any tips on putting a damn tent up!! For the queing of the tickets to get back on thread :P

Hey Nine just popped in for looksee....hardly recognise anyone. Any tips on putting a damn tent up!! For the queing of the tickets to get back on thread :P

Lots of new faces indeed. If you wanted to pedalo, I could help you out but tents....'fraid I'd be one of those comedy sketches! :D

I would give anything to see Robert live... but £50-£45 pounds for a ticket? I didnt even pay that much for Them Crooked Vultures last night and that was a charity event..

I even applied to get early tickets via HMV but they were useless and didn't specify that you might be able to get pre-sale tickets when put into a raffle.. :angry:

I hope that i see robert in September... my life would nearly be complete... :D

Got my tickets for London and Cardiff via the presale which was a pretty painless experience.

Front row seat for Cardiff. :D

Well done, although I'm very jealous! I pre-ordered too late :( Is the link personalised, or is there anyway you could PM it to me so I can try??? I would be so grateful!

Well done, although I'm very jealous! I pre-ordered too late :( Is the link personalised, or is there anyway you could PM it to me so I can try??? I would be so grateful!

Its not a pre sale code, they email you a link, I take it it is personalised as there is a limit of how many tickets you can get. Tickets will still be on sale Friday usually presales only get a very limited amount.

Edited by Hand_Of_Omega_91

Its not a pre sale code, they email you a link, I take it it is personalised as there is a limit of how many tickets you can get. Tickets will still be on sale Friday usually presales only get a very limited amount.

Ah ok thanks mate :) Looks like I shall be running the general sale gauntlet... fingers crossed...

Hi

I preordered and got the email but the link is not working. I've called hmv and they are aware of the problem and are trying to resolve it. Did you not have this problem?

Hi

I preordered and got the email but the link is not working. I've called hmv and they are aware of the problem and are trying to resolve it. Did you not have this problem?

HMV just posted on Twitter that you should try and copy-and-paste the link into your address bar, rather than just clicking it in the email. Have you tried that?

Don't know if it's too late now but basically you need to to have it so its just www.hmvtickets.com with the rest of the address. Remove anything before www.hmvtickets.com

It took me half an hour to figure that out, I was able to get London but Manchester seems to be sold out (I get the Choose Tickets page but it won't let me select any tickets).

I rang the helpline this am and sent an email but no reply to either. Rang the helpine again this evening, got through, confirmed my email and got the codes for the shows I wanted and booked them. Ring them tomorrow.

I wil be at the London, Birmingham n Manchester shows. B)

Thankfully, I managed to secure tickets for the Cardiff and Birmingham shows after following the cut n paste exercise mentioned earlier.....I think!!!

For anyone that has secured tickets, have you had a confirmation email of any type, as I've not recevied confirmation of my bookings yet?????