Robert Plant UK tour dates

sturie

Thankfully, I managed to secure tickets for the Cardiff and Birmingham shows after following the cut n paste exercise mentioned earlier.....I think!!!

For anyone that has secured tickets, have you had a confirmation email of any type, as I've not recevied confirmation of my bookings yet?????

Yes had all mine, only booked them in the last hour or so ie 6pm GMT

Just got back from holiday , and yes there is an offer to prorder BOJ and get presale in my inbox, missed it, would any good member pm me the link as i aint ever missed a plant .........and i aint no scalper either !

thanks

Lots of new faces indeed. If you wanted to pedalo, I could help you out but tents....'fraid I'd be one of those comedy sketches! :D

Ahhh the pedalo...they were the days. No probs I've decided not to go with the tent Idea and just turn up at St Davids Hall and beg for the tickets instead ;)

Just waiting for Robert to announce dates for the Northeast in the U.S. I'm sure he'll play there when he makes this into a full tour. Most of these in the Southern U.S. and the UK and Ireland are warmup gigs. Something to look forward to.

Does anyone know when he plans to tour other areas of the U.S.?

Just waiting for Robert to announce dates for the Northeast in the U.S. I'm sure he'll play there when he makes this into a full tour. Most of these in the Southern U.S. and the UK and Ireland are warmup gigs.

I really don't get this. How are they "warm up gigs"? It seems to suggest they are somehow less important than future gigs. How many warm-up gigs can an artist do before they are officially "On Tour" ?

I really don't get this. How are they "warm up gigs"? It seems to suggest they are somehow less important than future gigs. How many warm-up gigs can an artist do before they are officially "On Tour" ?

Don't forget that according to this expert, it's "most of these" that are "warm up gigs." Begs the question of which ones are the warm up gigs and which are the real deal?

Having said that, still surprised Percy would choose to launch the first leg of a tour in July in the south and southwest regions of the U.S. Brutal oppressive heat and lots of moving from refrigerated inside environments to dry 90 degrees and upwards outdoors. Not the best environments for singers...

Love,

Billy

... still surprised Percy would choose to launch the first leg of a tour in July in the south and southwest regions of the U.S. Brutal oppressive heat and lots of moving from refrigerated inside environments to dry 90 degrees and upwards outdoors. Not the best environments for singers...

Love,

Billy

Seems the spring and fall would be the only "good" times for a launch then. Percy has suffered terribly in mid-winter starting tours as well,

recall Jan. '75 Cough, cough, hack, hack!!!!

Or simply kick off the tour in a less extreme environment weather-wise. By the way, ticket sales not going very well so far...

And the only consideration I might give to referring to these initial U.S. dates as "warm up gigs" is the fact that the album won't be released until September, and the cities he's visiting this time around could easily be considered small markets. That does suggest that this is a "let's kick the tires, adjust the brakes, tune the engine" exercise in terms of breaking in the new band and material, finding out what works, what doesn't, what goes over well, what doesn't, etc. before moving on to the far bigger U.S. markets/areas like New York, Chicago, Los Angeles (said the biased New Yorker).

Love,

Billy

I had posted someplace else that I read an article that stated that one of the BOJ members said that they will do these few concerts in the U.S. and UK this year and then by 2011 they are going to do a full out U.S./World tour. He called them "promo" concerts.

I get that ^ - testing the water for the new project. But as far as I'm concerned, a "warm-up" gig is a different thing. Maybe I'm being semantic - but I don't see how anything more than half a dozen gigs could be warm-ups.

Agree. It's the first leg of a tour. Short break to hang with the kid(s) in August then back to the boards. Can't wait to hear the first gig. Would love to be a fly on the wall during rehearsals, too. Guessing those are going on as we post. In addition to all of the new album, I vote for any Led Zep song except Black Dog and Whole Lotta Love. Otherwise, go on, my son!

Love,

Billy

Agree. It's the first leg of a tour. Short break to hang with the kid(s) in August then back to the boards. Can't wait to hear the first gig. Would love to be a fly on the wall during rehearsals, too. Guessing those are going on as we post. In addition to all of the new album, I vote for any Led Zep song except Black Dog and Whole Lotta Love. Otherwise, go on, my son!

Love,

Billy

Reports from rehearsals have been very very positive.

I get that ^ - testing the water for the new project. But as far as I'm concerned, a "warm-up" gig is a different thing. Maybe I'm being semantic - but I don't see how anything more than half a dozen gigs could be warm-ups.

I guess "Warmup Gigs" was the wrong term. When Zep played in Italy and Copenhagen in 1971 and Brussels in 1975, those were basically warmup gigs for the U.S. tours. But, these probably aren't as there are several shows. Plus more than two or three gigs isn't a warmup gig. It would also mean in a different type of venue a certain artist is accustomed for as well. I think the right terminology would be more like a mini-tour. Sorry for the misuse of terms :bagoverhead: But at the same time as you said, they are testing out the waters with this new band.

I guess "Warmup Gigs" was the wrong term. When Zep played in Italy and Copenhagen in 1971 and Brussels in 1975, those were basically warmup gigs for the U.S. tours. But, these probably aren't as there are several shows. Plus more than two or three gigs isn't a warmup gig. It would also mean in a different type of venue a certain artist is accustomed for as well. I think the right terminology would be more like a mini-tour. Sorry for the misuse of terms :bagoverhead: But at the same time as you said, they are testing out the waters with this new band.

I understand your point, and a mis-use of term isn't even a yellow card offence around here :D:beer:

Archived