Bob Dylan

DearPrudence

Bob Dylan is in my All-time Top 10.

Can't wait for the new album...and will probably get two versions(see below)

1. Limited Edition CD/DVD $17.99

10 new songs including "Beyond Here Lies Nothing"

Bonus CD of Bob Dylan's "Theme Time Radio Hour," ("Friends & Neighbors" episode)

DVD of "Roy Silver - The Lost Interview"

Together Through Life collectible poster & sticker

2. Vinyl $23.99

10 new songs including "Beyond Here Lies Nothing," "Life Is Hard" & "It's All Good"

Pressed on 180 gram vinyl

Also contains the entire album on CD

"Like A Rolling Stone" is one of the best songs of all time.

I'm not a huge Dylan follower, but I like enough of his songs. To me, the most fascinating thing was the late 60's back and forth with him, The Beatles, and the Beach Boys. Each was pushing the other, each was trying to top the other, and it resulted in incredible work from all of them. I love the story of Dylan meeting the Beatles for the first time, and he stunned them by saying something to the effect of "your music is good, but it doesn't really say anything, man" That really affected John Lennon, which prompted him to want to do deeper music, resulting in "Help!".

How's it going "Mattmc1973" as well as our fellow die hard hard core ZEPPELIN fanatics? Its a new week and I have been busy still working those backbreaking 12 hour days. My weekend was great but it wasn't great for my computer. My computer broke down on Saturday night and is in the shop at the moment but hopefully I'll be getting it today after I get off of work. I'm using the computer here at work during my break. I hope the week is going well for all of you.

"Mattmc1973," that first meeting between BOB DYLAN and THE BEATLES is a very interesting one. I heard that story that you mentioned but did you hear the story I'm about to tell you in reference to their first meeting. TRUE STORY! Believe it or not BEATLES fans, BOB DYLAN is the one single person and guilty party that was responsible for introducing THE BEATLES to Marijuana. During that first meeting, BOB DYLAN asked THE BEATLES if they wanted to smoke some pot. All of THE BEATLES admitted that they have never tried Marijuana before. DYLAN then asked THE BEATLES why they mentioned the lyric "I Get High" in the song "I Wanna Hold Your Hand?" LENNON then replied that the lyric is not "I Get High" but it is "I Can't Hide." At that very moment, DYLAN was loving every minute of it and he rolled quite a few joints for the special occasion. DYLAN was DYING to get THE BEATLES high for the first time and they were all having a great time that day. From then on, THE BEATLES were always high during the making and recording of the "HELP" album and film and afterward. ROCK ON!

Edited by ZeppFanForever

I love Bob Dylan. When I was in my school choir, my headmaster would make us sing (we never sang traditional hymns) his stuff. As a result, two of the earliest songs I ever learnt to sing were Blowin' In The Wind and Knockin' On Heaven's Door. They'll always be special to me. Some of my favourites are One More Cup Of Coffee, Hurricane, and Rainy Day Women #'s 12 & 35. And, I really like It Ain't Me, Babe from the Rolling Thunder Revue. It's different, but I think it's a good different.

linkage

I love Bob Dylan. When I was in my school choir, my headmaster would make us sing (we never sang traditional hymns) his stuff. As a result, two of the earliest songs I ever learnt to sing were Blowin' In The Wind and Knockin' On Heaven's Door. They'll always be special to me. Some of my favourites are One More Cup Of Coffee, Hurricane, and Rainy Day Women #'s 12 & 35. And, I really like It Ain't Me, Babe from the Rolling Thunder Revue. It's different, but I think it's a good different.

linkage

Cool choral director :D I'm curious what you think of Robert's version of One More Cup Of Coffee. It's not a favorite Dylan song of mine but I can't seem to wrap my head around Robert's version at all. Something is "off" to my ears with it.

Cool choral director :D I'm curious what you think of Robert's version of One More Cup Of Coffee. It's not a favorite Dylan song of mine but I can't seem to wrap my head around Robert's version at all. Something is "off" to my ears with it.

It's not one of his better songs - but then, I don't really listen to much solo Robert. It's okay, but it seems a bit jumbled in places, especially at the beginning. It's different, but not the good kind of different. It's a confusing one. The White Stripes did a good enough version - I think they even performed it with Dylan once or twice.

Two of my favourites Dylan covers have been the Yardbird's take on Most Likely You'll Go Your Way (And I'll Go Mine) and Janis Joplin's Dear Landlord - and, of course, not forgetting Hendrix's All Along The Watchtower.

It's not one of his better songs - but then, I don't really listen to much solo Robert. It's okay, but it seems a bit jumbled in places, especially at the beginning. It's different, but not the good kind of different. It's a confusing one. The White Stripes did a good enough version - I think they even performed it with Dylan once or twice.

Two of my favourites Dylan covers have been the Yardbird's take on Most Likely You'll Go Your Way (And I'll Go Mine) and Janis Joplin's Dear Landlord - and, of course, not forgetting Hendrix's All Along The Watchtower.

I love Dreamland but that was the one song on it that I never took to. I loved his version of Girl From The North Country featuring a killer keyboard solo by John Baggot.

That would be him. The new record will also feature David Hidalgo of Los Lobos on accordion.

Oh awesome!!!!!! I was just yesterday watching youtube clips of TP&THB's at The Hollywood Bowl, and whoever shot it got in some excellent shots of the fine work he does. He amazes me! :thumbsup:

Thanks!

I am very new here, but it looks like I came just in time!!!!! Bob Dylan Is one of my favorite artists of ALL TIME!! (besides Zepp). A new album is coming out on April 28th called Together Through Life. I'm planning on getting it on vinyl. I cant wait :hurrah: My favorite song is Ballad of a Thin Man at the moment. But it just depends on which way the wind blows me. ;)

Speaking of Dylan covers, my favourite would be The Soup Greens cover of Like A Rolling Stone. They cut all un-necessary lyrics and turned it to a real frat party Louie Louie kinda song. :D Check out the great drumbreak near the end and the excellent lead guitars. No other Dylan cover can top this one. Let's have a beer.

Thanks for the link. Great song, great interview.

Though I'm also looking very forward to new albums from Wilco (as well as their Ashes of American Flags DVD), Booker T. w/ Neil Young and the Drive-By Truckers, Son Volt, Rhett Miller, Chris Stamey/Peter Holsapple, Tim Easton, Elvis Costello, R.E.M's Reckoning Deluxe Edition and the official release of their working rehearsals from Dublin that led to Accelerate, etc., the new Dylan is among my most eagerly awaited new records of 2009 so far.