Bob Dylan

DearPrudence

Maybe I've just never heard the right songs but I've never been a huge fan of Gordon Lightfoot myself. Same for Harry Chapin. I'm sure some of their tunes are ok but some also remind me of this scene from Animal House.

:lol: I can see why! Harry Chapin I wasn't into but I like Gordon's voice and I'm a sucker for Wreck of the Edmund Fitzgerald :D

I do like and appreciate folk music, even Peter, Paul and Mary and Pete Seeger but some of it, I just can't handle. My taste in folk tends to lean more towards John Prine, Dylan, Nanci Griffith, Indigo Girls, Joni Mitchell, etc.

I grew up on Pete Seeger, Peter, Paul and Mary, etc. but I also love and listen more to the people you mentioned.

The Huffington Post has posted the final installment of the Dylan interview with Bill Flanagan:

Bob Dylan Sounds Off On The Origin Of His New Record, Parlor Music, Dr. Dre, And Who His Songs Are About

...and, it looks like some sad news for Theme Time Radio Hour, not only one of the finest things to happen on satellite radio in years but radio in general:

Bob Dylan's 'Theme Time Radio Hour': His time might be up

...and, it looks like some sad news for Theme Time Radio Hour, not only one of the finest things to happen on satellite radio in years but radio in general:

Bob Dylan's 'Theme Time Radio Hour': His time might be up

That would be devastating!! My favorite hour (or so) of radio every week... If that happens, it will certainly make my decision in February whether to renew my subscription that much easier. Damn...

Absolutely - I love "Lay Lady Lay" and "Girl from the North Country". His soundtrack to "Pat Garrett and Billy the Kid" is also great.

I'm not really a fan of his last few albums though.

My favorite Dylan songs are: Memphis Blues, Hurricane, Lay Lady Lay, Don't Think Twice and Girl From the North Country. The last song, by the way, is covered live, beautifully by Robert Plant in the recently released Plant/Kraus DVD.

My favorite Dylan songs are: Memphis Blues, Hurricane, Lay Lady Lay, Don't Think Twice and Girl From the North Country. The last song, by the way, is covered live, beautifully by Robert Plant in the recently released Plant/Kraus DVD.

Girl From the North Country wasn't sung by Robert and Alison, at least not on any set list I saw nor did they release a dvd. Are you thinking of the Soundstage DVD Robert did with Strange Sensation? That song I believe appeared as a bonus track on the European version, but I could be mistaken.

Girl From the North Country wasn't sung by Robert and Alison, at least not on any set list I saw nor did they release a dvd. Are you thinking of the Soundstage DVD Robert did with Strange Sensation? That song I believe appeared as a bonus track on the European version, but I could be mistaken.

Oops! Right you are again, Ninelives. heh heh. The DVD did feature the good ole' Strange Sensation, not Allison Kraus. (my bad)

Dylan, Mellencamp and Nelson Line Up 2009 Ballpark Tour

July 2 - Sauget, IL @ GCS Ballpark

July 4 - South Bend, IN @ Coveleski Stadium

July 8 - Louisville, KY @ Louisville Slugger Field

July 10 - Dayton, OH @ Fifth Third Field

July 11 - Eastlake, OH @ Classic Park

July 13 - Washington, PA @ Consol Energy Park

July 14 - Allentown, PA @ Coca-Cola Park

July 15 - New Britain, CT @ New Britain Stadium

July 19 - Syracuse, NY @ Alliance Bank Stadium

July 21 - Pawtucket, RI @ McCoy Stadium

July 23 - Lakewood, NJ @ FirstEnergy Park

July 24 - Aberdeen, MD @ Ripken Stadium

July 25 - Norfolk, VA @ Harbor Park

July 28 - Durham, NC @ Durham Bulls Athletic Park

July 29 - Sevierville, TN @ Smokies Park

August 4 - Round Rock, TX @ The Dell Diamond

August 5 - Corpus Christi, TX @ Whataburger Field

August 7 - Grand Prairie, TX @ QuikTrip Park

August 11 - Glendale, AZ @ Camelback Ranch

August 12 - Las Vegas, NV @ Cashman Field

August 14 - Fresno, CA @ Chukchansi Park

August 15 - Stockton, CA @ Banner Island Ballpark

More info here.

Edited by Jahfin

• 3 months later...

From The Huffington Post:

Bob Dylan Stopped By Cops, Asked For ID In New Jersey Shore Town

s-DYLAN-large.jpg

(Associated Press) Rock legend Bob Dylan was treated like a complete unknown by police in a New Jersey shore community when a resident called to report someone wandering around the neighborhood.

Dylan was in Long Branch, about a two-hour drive south of New York City, on July 23 as part of a tour with Willie Nelson and John Mellencamp that was to play at a baseball stadium in nearby Lakewood.

A 24-year-old police officer apparently was unaware of who Dylan is and asked him for identification, Long Branch business administrator Howard Woolley said Friday.

"I don't think she was familiar with his entire body of work," Woolley said.

The incident began at 5 p.m. when a resident said a man was wandering around a low-income, predominantly minority neighborhood several blocks from the oceanfront looking at houses.

The police officer drove up to Dylan, who was wearing a blue jacket, and asked him his name. According to Woolley, the following exchange ensued:

"What is your name, sir?" the officer asked.

"Bob Dylan," Dylan said.

"OK, what are you doing here?" the officer asked.

"I'm on tour," the singer replied.

A second officer, also in his 20s, responded to assist the first officer. He, too, apparently was unfamiliar with Dylan, Woolley said.

The officers asked Dylan for identification. The singer of such classics as "Like a Rolling Stone" and "Blowin' in the Wind" said that he didn't have any ID with him, that he was just walking around looking at houses to pass some time before that night's show.

The officers asked Dylan, 68, to accompany them back to the Ocean Place Resort and Spa, where the performers were staying. Once there, tour staff vouched for Dylan.

The officers thanked him for his cooperation.

"He couldn't have been any nicer to them," Woolley added.

How did it feel? A Dylan publicist did not immediately return a telephone call seeking comment Friday.

Filed by Marcus Baram

Edited by Jahfin

She was just making sure.

telegraph.co.uk/culture/music/bob-dylan/6040365/Bob-Dylan-was-acting-suspicious-police-officer-says

"I asked him what his name was and he said, 'Bob Dylan,'

"Now, I've seen pictures of Bob Dylan from a long time ago and he didn't look like Bob Dylan to me at all. He was wearing black sweatpants tucked into black rain boots, and two raincoats with the hood pulled down over his head."

Miss Buble said the man's story failed to convince her.

A concerned home owner had called police after seeing a "scruffy looking" man in their front garden.

One resident was so concerned they followed Dylan down the road until police arrived.

Edited by eternal light

If the officer was going by a photo they'd seen of Dylan from a "long time ago" dare I say that any of us look the same now, much less Dylan who has always been a bit of a chameleon, musically and otherwise.

Edited by Jahfin

:lol: Wow, good for Bob Dylan! He seemed to have been gracious. Well, good thing it all ended well! :yesnod:

"His clothes are dirty but his hands are clean. And you're the best thing that he's ever seen."

Edited by Fan_S.

Sort of reminds me of an interview I saw with him once where he talks about someone walking up to him and saying, "Are you Bob Dylan?" and he replied, "Yes, I am". Their response? "No, you're not".

:lol: Haha. I wonder what his response to that was. :)

• 1 year later...

I always liked Dylan and I personally think Blood On The Tracks is one of the finest LP's ever recorded, but I really never really got into him until his Bootleg series started to be issued. The one issued a couple of years ago "Tell Tale Signs" which covered 1989-2006 was just remarkable.

I might be a minority of one, but I think his music from "Time Out Of Mind" through "Together Through Life" is the best stuff he's ever released. But hey, that's just me.