led zeppelin sound

hello, i'm new, i play in a band, and now we are starting to do covers of led zep, my problem is that i can't obtain a sound like page's one ( i'm a guitarist )

i have:

an epiphone les paul custom ( gibson alnico humbuckers )

ernie ball nickel wound 10-46

line6 spider iv 15 watt ampli

can someone help me? maybe with ampli's settings or someone can tell me what effects are used in immigrant song and black dog

( sorry for my english, i'm italian )

thanks

crunch and gain ok, what do you mean about eq??

line6 spider has:

gain

bass

mid

treble

chan vol

chorus

phaser

tremolo

sweep echo

tape echo

reverb

master volume

can you tell me exactly what i have to do?

thanks

gain 5/6

bass 6

middle 7

treble 5

effects wise, a little reverb will do, however Page used a slow phaser for some songs such as In My Time Of Dying, Achilles Last Stand, Wanton Song etc.

If you have £500(600 Euros), I would recommend selling the Line 6 and buying something like this:

http://www.guitar.co.uk/marshall/2898-marshall_ma50c_50w_all_valve_combo?page=4

hello, i'm new, i play in a band, and now we are starting to do covers of led zep, my problem is that i can't obtain a sound like page's one ( i'm a guitarist )

i have:

an epiphone les paul custom ( gibson alnico humbuckers )

ernie ball nickel wound 10-46

line6 spider iv 15 watt ampli

can someone help me? maybe with ampli's settings or someone can tell me what effects are used in immigrant song and black dog

( sorry for my english, i'm italian )

thanks

Yes getting a Marshall amp would help alot. However, you could also buy a fuzz pedal(which is what i use) to achieve that early zep sound.

thanks to all, the sound now is better, and christmas is coming for the ampli^^

Your guitar is good, strings don't matter so much as long as they are quality, and Earnie Balls are quality.

Your amp is weak and generates all tone through software. The all valve Marshall is a good recommendation, you need tubes and high wattage to get a big sound, but dont discount the versatility of a good quality hybrid amp. Line6 bogner or a Vox hybrid are ones to look at too. The selection of an amp probably warrants a whole book! Once you get your chops you'll be able to let your ears judge which is best for you. Chops are wayyyy more important than the amp. Jimy could make that Spider IV sing, thats for sure.

There is one no brainer item though that helps get a decent Led Zeppelin sound.

#1 An MXR Dynacomp reissue (GET THE REISSUE or a vintage if you can find it)

Jimy Page made a few references to this little gem of a box. Ive got one and it makes a HUGE difference. Its an analog compressor that adds a very meaty flavor that sounds great!! Dont get the modern standard version. Those are simply colorless compressors, nothing like the vintage or the reissues.

Link...

http://www.buyanalogman.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=MXR%2DDYNACOMP1976

Good Luck!

Archived