Warming Up With Robert Plant in Florida

I sent that reply to Steve Jones.

I certainly did Donnie and they are outstanding. I look forward to sharing them with the forum ASAP. This is a hectic week for me as I was in the Far East last weekend, on the West Coast the other day and now in Texas.

Otherwise I would have had them all edited and posted by now. Thanks again for the reminder!

THERE AINT NOTHING CLOUDY ABOUT THIS STORY ,EVERY BIT OF IT IS TRUE AND DOWN TO THE DETAIL,YOU DONT HAVE TO BELEIVE IT,HELL DUDE SOMETIMES I CANT BELEIVE IT,IT WAS THE HIGHLIGHT OF MY LIFE AND I JUST HAPPEN TO BE ONE OF THE LUCKY ONES WHEN THEY RENTED THE LAKELAND CIVIC CENTER THEATRE,A VENUE THAT I WAS WORKING AT AT THE TIME,IM JUST TELLING A PART OF WHAT HAPPENED IN THE 2 WEEKS THAT THE CREW AND PLANT WAS THERE.THE FIRST WEEK WAS LIGHTING REHERSALS,THE 2ND WEEK IS WHEN PLANT CAME IN,I HAVE BEEN WORKING SHOWS AS A LOCAL STAGEHAND IN FLORIDA SINCE 1984 AND HAVE HEARD TOUR MANAGERS BEING REFERRED TO AS A BABYSITTER,IN A GOOD WAY THOUGH,I MEANT NO HARM BESIDES THAT I COULD SEE IF I POSTED THE STORY BUT STEVE JONES POSTED THE STORY BECAUSE HE SEEN THE VIDEO I SHOT OF DONNIE AND ROBERT TALKING ON THE THEATRE DOCK,SO I GUESS YOU ARE GOING TO SAY THAT THAT DIDNT HAPPEN EITHER,IT DONT GET NO BETTER THAN THAT AND IF I WASNT SURE ABOUT SOMETHING THEN I WOULD JUST SAY IM NOT SURE,I APPRECIATE YOUR INPUT AND GLAD TO TALK TO YOU ,I REALLY DONT KNOW WHAT TO TELL YOU MAYBE YOU SHOULD RESEARCH THAT A LITTLE DEEPER MAYBE REX ISNT TELLING YOU EVERYTHING,ITS ALL FROM THE HEART AND WOULDNT TRADE IT FOR ANYTHING ELSE IN THE WORLD,NOW ALL I NEED IS A PICTURE WITH PAGE TO COMPLETE THE SET,TUNE YOUR GUITAR TO OPEN C AND SHOW ME THE REAL WAY PAGE PLAYS FRIENDS OFF OF LED ZEP 3,DOES PAGE PLAY A VIOLIN BOW OR A CELLO BOW,CAN YOU BUILD A THEREMIN,HAVE A GOOD DAY

I'm not going to say it didn't happen, I'm not even going to SHOUT IT - it's a nice story. Robert has been gigging since 1966, it would be insane to dismiss every story anyone has of meeting and spending time with him - hundreds of people have done it, it's not far-fetched, and why would you make it up

However I'm going to stick firmly to the fact that Rex and his close family and friends NEVER call him Bobbie :D

Donnie - here ya go - :beer: and Steve, there's one for you too, when you've finished yelling :beer:

I'm not going to say it didn't happen, I'm not even going to SHOUT IT - it's a nice story. Robert has been gigging since 1966, it would be insane to dismiss every story anyone has of meeting and spending time with him - hundreds of people have done it, it's not far-fetched, and why would you make it up

However I'm going to stick firmly to the fact that Rex and his close family and friends NEVER call him Bobbie biggrin.gif

Donnie - here ya go - beer.gif and Steve, there's one for you too, when you've finished yelling beer.gif

its all good knebby, i think i may have taken you the wrong way,us zep heads gotta stick together,it was a great time and i respect your opinion and/or facts,im not being a smartass but what is your relationship with robert and rex,if you know rex you know his favorite saying is quickly,now,quickly,quickly-lol-rex is a good manager ,what is he doing these days,is he still involved with robert in any way-well anyway wish us luck on the 30th

I'm having a hard time deciding if this story is 90 or 95 percent complete bullshit.

Love,

Billy

Hey Billy?

Don't even waste your time, okay?

This story?

100% COMPLETELY TRUE.

Okay, gotta put my two cents worth in!! I, too, knew Plant was rehearsing here in Lakeland. Knew he was driving around in a white Caddy. Knew enough to stay outta sight if I really wanted to catch a glimpse. So I backed my VW bug up on the little hill out in the parking lot & camped out every afternoon, alone, hoping....never happened though.

Who knew, 4 years later, that I would be introduced to someone who not only played a 12-string like you would not believe, but, looking on the wall behind this dude was a 8x10 of him with f**king ROBERT PLANT & some other dude. So as my friend was introducing us, my only reply was "Is that Robert Plant in that photo with you?" That night I heard the story, the whole story!

That was 13 years ago...and since then? I've met the OTHER guy in that picture, Donnie Vick!! The guy I met 13 years ago? That's Steve Cowart. For YEARS I've heard greart stories from both of them...you know....back-in-the-day stories. After all, Cowart worked not only at the LCC, but has been a stagehand for YEARS....even got me hired at several of the central florida production companies & I've got stories of my OWN to tell, but it's not about me.

It's about the fact that the 3 of us have become great friends and I'm here to say to all of you "non" believers - oh well....it IS true, believe it or not. FYI? I'm gonna be right by my buddies side this coming Friday night at Ruth Eckerd Hall.....hoping to be the one to TAKE the next PICTURE!!!!

peace,

lindav

Who are all the "non-believers" Linda? I think only Billy has cast any doubt. Like I said, loads of people have stories like this one - if they are gonna be shared they are gonna be shared here - why doubt them?

Steve - yeah it IS all good. Happy to meet you and good luck in your quest. Rex doesn't work for Robert now but I wouldn't rule out running into him. B)

Who are all the "non-believers" Linda? I think only Billy has cast any doubt. Like I said, loads of people have stories like this one - if they are gonna be shared they are gonna be shared here - why doubt them?

Steve - yeah it IS all good. Happy to meet you and good luck in your quest. Rex doesn't work for Robert now but I wouldn't rule out running into him. cool.gif

thanks knebby,appreciate the answers and have a good day,this wont be our last,im glad i joined the forum,ive never really did the blog thing and at least im doing it with people like you that know whats up when it comes to zeppelin,im finding out real quick-be careful what you say and what you say be able to back it up-special thanks to Steve Jones for taking his time to piece all of this together and strive for detailness in all perspectives,donnie has been busting his behind to revise and edit as it comes closer to show time

Archived