Jimmy Page's Outfits

noodle

From the Royal Albert sweater vest to the iconic Dragon Suit... what else is out there? I'm a pretty new Led Zeppelin fan, and most of the pictures and video footage that I have come across seem to just be from the same few occasions. But I would love to see some more of his fashion sense! What a total artist that guy is!

He had the white poppy suit during the '77 tour.....rather apropos given his problems at the time. He had an embroidered jacket he wore during the concerts in 1973 filmed for The Song Remains The Same and you can see it on the Led Zeppelin DVD if you watch the performances from that show that didn't make the film.

2-3.jpg

Livebandshot.JPG

l02-73-054a.jpg

1971 Zoso sweater

1375.jpg

The group more or less wore normal clothing throughout 68 to 72, but this^^^ Zoso sweater definitely stands out :D

And a 1973 Zoso suit

712.jpg

You could also go page by page in the Led Zep photo gallery

HERE

Quite a bit of pages though :P

I'd always thought his Nazi hat was an interesting look.

jim77_live17.jpg

Other than the poppy and dragon suits, I think his clothes were pretty ordinary.

I love the way he dresses now, very, very classy, such an English gentleman.

Although I have questions about this early outfit. LOL!

jim68_telecaster.jpg

Oh yeah, after I posted this (I just joined yesterday :)), I saw the Jimmy Page photo gallery which was like 255 pages long. That was pretty fun/exhaustive...!

I wonder who made that sweater for him! And what initiated this stylistic explosion? I mean, I guess you could say that Jimmy used to dress, "normally," but it was always pretty curated and he always had a "look" going on, whether he was wearing pink velvet pants or motorcycle leathers... I know the Led Zeppelin DVD highlights this big difference between 70/71 and then 73... did they get a stylist or something?

1971 Zoso sweater

1375.jpg

The group more or less wore normal clothing throughout 68 to 72, but this^^^ Zoso sweater definitely stands out biggrin.gif

And a 1973 Zoso suit

712.jpg

You could also go page by page in the Led Zep photo gallery

HERE

Quite a bit of pages though tongue.gif

He had an embroidered jacket he wore during the concerts in 1973 filmed for The Song Remains The Same

He wore at least 3 different black embroidered jackets in that movie - along with the embroidered trousers they were variously known as the "Dragon Suit"

He wore at least 3 different black embroidered jackets in that movie - along with the embroidered trousers they were variously known as the "Dragon Suit"

Tut tut, darling. The "Dragon Suit" was worn during the Earls Court run. Entirely different from the various ensembles worn during the '73 shows in NYC. Surprised at you...

Love,

Billy

• 4 months later...

Archived