O2 DVD

title pretty much says it all, im one of the many heartfallen, depressed people :( who cant attend this momentous and (hopefully) amazing concert, so i was hoping if there is any information on a dvd available of this concert (legal one) sometime in the future.

And have fun to all of those who can attend, cherish the moment! :)

title pretty much says it all, im one of the many heartfallen, depressed people :( who cant attend this momentous and (hopefully) amazing concert, so i was hoping if there is any information on a dvd available of this concert (legal one) sometime in the future.

And have fun to all of those who can attend, cherish the moment! :)

There's a sticky post on the top of this section already discussing the dvd.

I read a quote from Jimmy in the last couple of days ('though I can't remember where) where he said the gig would be recorded and IF no more comes after the O2 show he'd see about releasing the 'best of it'. He didn't specify audio or video so that's something else we want to know from the attendees, if there are TV cameras all over the place. Has anyone seen a seating plan there may be areas set aside for cameras?

If I turn up the source for the quote I'll post it to authenticate it but that was the gist of it.

thanks, and bump for more info

The short answer to your original question is YES

the stickied thread IS where you want to go.

The fourth post down on page 2 has all the information you need.

just because it's not titled "DVD" doesn't mean you won't find the info there.

also, there have been several threads about possible DVDs and the regulars don't like people making threads that have already been created.

of course it's hard to find the thread with the actual answer in it, because most people turn on the flame jets.

so what you have is the potential for someone to use the search function and only find one of the threads with only the flame material in it!

so instead of tirelessly looking through ALL of them, people just make new threads.

this can frustrate a lot of people, and the process seems to exponentially expand and get worse as more people join the site.

I would normally just ignore your post, but since it looks like you'll be bumping the thread until someone tells you where to find the info, I thought I'd help you out.

no need to bump.

The short answer to your original question is YES

the stickied thread IS where you want to go.

The fourth post down on page 2 has all the information you need.

just because it's not titled "DVD" doesn't mean you won't find the info there.

also, there have been several threads about possible DVDs and the regulars don't like people making threads that have already been created.

of course it's hard to find the thread with the actual answer in it, because most people turn on the flame jets.

so what you have is the potential for someone to use the search function and only find one of the threads with only the flame material in it!

so instead of tirelessly looking through ALL of them, people just make new threads.

this can frustrate a lot of people, and the process seems to exponentially expand and get worse as more people join the site.

I would normally just ignore your post, but since it looks like you'll be bumping the thread until someone tells you where to find the info, I thought I'd help you out.

no need to bump.

hehe, you got me, most forums i visit dont have a search function, so its partly my fault for not recognizing it at first, i think ill just let this thread die away now

the discussion of an officially released dvd of tomorrow's performance has been a widely speculated topic that seems to be based on hope more than anything else. Misinformation, an actual dvd that is included in the concert program (of an earlier NYC Ahmet Ertegun tribute concert that Zep did not perform at), and sheer hope of fans that jump to conclusions rather than read the facts, has turned into actual printed articles (mtv had one) stateing a dvd will be available of the show. The same applies to all the 2008 tour/boneroo rumors. They all became printed news articles that came out of fan hope.

I'm pretty sure video recorders will be rolling, if...and only if the performance is up to par w/ something worthy of carrying the name LZ.......then there might, or might not be a dvd release. I would'nt get your hopes to high IMO.

the discussion of an officially released dvd of tomorrow's performance has been a widely speculated topic that seems to be based on hope more than anything else. Misinformation, an actual dvd that is included in the concert program (of an earlier NYC Ahmet Ertegun tribute concert that Zep did not perform at), and sheer hope of fans that jump to conclusions rather than read the facts, has turned into actual printed articles (mtv had one) stateing a dvd will be available of the show. The same applies to all the 2008 tour/boneroo rumors. They all became printed news articles that came out of fan hope.

I'm pretty sure video recorders will be rolling, if...and only if the performance is up to par w/ something worthy of carrying the name LZ.......then there might, or might not be a dvd release. I would'nt get your hopes to high IMO.

I agree. But we know Jimmy is going to record it just in case he loves it. It does sound like some of the reports have credibility though so I am certainly a believer that it will eventually be released. Question is, how soon? And if they are truly happy about the show we can expect another one. This time on this side of the Pond. Tomorrow will be a very interesting day on this website Im sure. It will be an historic day in the history of rock and roll and music. Lets hope all goes well. The outside of the O2 should be quite a site. For those that are attending-pace yourselves!

How can you be sure that your information that the DVD was for the American concert is not itself speculation?

I think I just proved your point :D

If it's sons of thunder and not chums of blunder then get it out,they have too and by the way what about the best of the rest from Earls Court and Knebworth isn't that what we all want to see. Ps would watch the chums of blunder anyway I love the unpredictability of Zeppelin concerts.

Archived