Least Favorite Track On Each Album

cheesehead1204

LZ1: Your Time is Gonna Come

LZ2: The Lemon Song

LZ3: Out on the Tiles. I don't get the hate for Hats off to Harper. I think it's a great song. Definitely an acquired taste though.

IV: Black Dog

HoTH: The Song Remains The Same

PG: The Rover

Presence: tie between Royal Orleans, Hots on For Nowhere, Candy Store Rock and For Your Life. All 4 are great songs, but just pale in comparison to the MASTERPIECES that are Achilles Last Stand, Nobody's Fault But Mine and Tea For One

ITTOD: Carouselambra

CODA: Darlene

btw "The Rover" is the only Led Zeppelin song I don't like. the rest are still "least favorites"

Edited by zeppelincheetah

LZ I: Black Mountain Side

LZ II: Thank You

LZ III: Hats Off to (Roy) Harper

LZ IV: Four Sticks

Houses of the Holy: Dancing Days

Physical Graffiti: Boogie with Stu

Presence: Tea for One

ITTOD: Hot Dog

Led Zeppelin - "I Can't Quit You Baby".

Led Zeppelin II - "Thank You".

Led Zeppelin III - "Gallows Pole".

Led Zeppelin IV - "Four Sticks".

Houses of the Holy - "The Crunge".

Physical Graffiti - "Black Country Woman".

Presence - "Hots On for Nowhere".

In Through the Out Door - "Hot Dog".

Coda - "Darlene".

There isn't really a Led Zeppelin song that I dislike. Some of their songs I've only heard once or twice, they might grow on me or I may come to hate them. I'm pretty tolerant of music though.

Edited by SelfDevouringSnake

Led Zeppelin I - "Black Mountain Side"

Led Zeppelin II - "Moby Dick"

Led Zeppelin III - "Hats Off To (Roy) Harper"

Led Zeppelin IV - "Four Sticks"

Houses Of The Holy - "The Crunge"

Physical Graffiti - "Black Country Woman"

Presence - "Royal Orleans"

In Through The Out Door" - "South Bound Saurez"

Coda - "Poor Tom"

OK this is just how it currently looks. Actually these are my least favorite ones but I still like those songs.

Not sure if there's been a topic on this, but I figured I post this anyways. What is your least favorite track on each album? Mine:

LZ1: Black Mountain Side

LZ2: Ramble On

LZ3: Hats Off To (Roy) Harper

Untitled: The Battle Of Evermore

HOTH: The Crunge

PG: Black Country Woman

P: Candy Store Rock

Correction

I listened to these songs again and decided I like some more than I thought.

Changes:

LZ1: I Can't Quit You Baby

LZ3: That's The Way

HOTH: No Quarter

I'll give each song a little rating because some of them I really like even though they may be my least favorite on the album.

Led Zeppelin I - Your Time Is Gonna Come - 4/5

Led Zeppelin II - The Lemon Song - 4/5

Led Zeppelin III - Out On The Tiles - 4/5

Led Zeppelin IV - Four Sticks - 5/5

Houses Of the Holy - The Crunge - 2/5

Physical Graffiti - Sick Again - 3/5

Presence - Candy Store Rock - 3/5

In Through The Outdoor - Fool In The Rain - 3/5

Coda - Walter's Walk - 1/5

There's never been a Zeppelin track on any of their albums up to In Through The Out Door that I'd consider "least favorite". They all fit the mood of whatever LP they were on. From Led I right through Presence........they were all worthy.

Then as stated above, In Through The Out Door was released........"least favorite" there? With the exception of I'm Gonna Crawl...........the entire album itself.

I You Shook Me, followed closely by I Can't Quit You

II The Lemon Song

III Hats Off to Roy Harper (though I really don't like SIBLY or Celebration Day, either)

IV Misty Mountain Hop

PG: Boogie With Stu

P: Tea For One

ITTOD: South Bound Saurez

As a general observation, I don't care for Robert's singing on slow blues tunes....it seems like he's so busy trying to sing as high as he can that he never seems to bother with an actual melody. Whenever I hear the ending of the studio version of You Shook Me, I always think, 'Damn dude, you're gonna regret that!'

Edited by PhxHorn

Hey dazedcat

Your comment about ITTOD has made me feel like Bee-Girl in that Blind Melon video, No Rain, after she finds her fellow Bee-People. I've been flamed mercilessly on other sites for panning ITTOD. Seems there's a significant faction of perma-genuflecting LZ fans who will not countenance any criticism of this clunker of an album. But when ITTOD came out, it was the biggest disappointment in my life so far, bar none.

Can't agree entirely with you, however. IMO, I'm Gonna Crawl is ruined by the completely unnnecessary and incongruous 'Christopher Robin' keyboard overlay. Evening's ok, but over the years my least dreadful track has become Saurez. To me, that's the only trad Zep song on there. Plus Crawl of course, if it didn't have that hideous sugary wash over the top.

Is there a 'ITTOD - WTF?' kind of thread anywhere? Or has it been zapped by the Gagging Police?

Hey dazedcat

Your comment about ITTOD has made me feel like Bee-Girl in that Blind Melon video, No Rain, after she finds her fellow Bee-People. I've been flamed mercilessly on other sites for panning ITTOD. Seems there's a significant faction of perma-genuflecting LZ fans who will not countenance any criticism of this clunker of an album. But when ITTOD came out, it was the biggest disappointment in my life so far, bar none.

Can't agree entirely with you, however. IMO, I'm Gonna Crawl is ruined by the completely unnnecessary and incongruous 'Christopher Robin' keyboard overlay. Evening's ok, but over the years my least dreadful track has become Saurez. To me, that's the only trad Zep song on there. Plus Crawl of course, if it didn't have that hideous sugary wash over the top.

Is there a 'ITTOD - WTF?' kind of thread anywhere? Or has it been zapped by the Gagging Police?

Yeah, South Bound Suarez was worthy too.

How refreshing huh? I'm not one of the "faithful", just somebody who's listened to them on and off for forty plus years now.

• 8 years later...

This is exceptionally difficult because in all honesty I don't dislike a single song. However, I'm obliged to contribute:

LZ I: Black Mountain Side

LZ II: Moby Dick

LZ III: Hats Off To (Roy) Harper

LZIV: Going To California

HOTH: D'yer Mak'er

PG: Bron-Yr-Aur

Presence: Candy Store Rock

ITTOD: Carouselambra

Obviously most were instrumental songs simply because I love the discography so much. The only ones that were simple and didn't require much thought were CSR and HOTRH. I don't necessarily dislike them, but I'm not particularly fond of them.

"Bad" as in, not as good as the rest of the album--that's how I would define it. At any rate,

1 - I Can't Quit You Baby (can't compare to the live cuts, like BBC Sessions)

2- Thank You (once again, need to hear it live)

3 - Friends

4 - Four Sticks

HOTH - A tough call, but D'yer Maker

PG - Again, what's a "Bad" track from this album. Boogie With Stu is too much damn fun, so maybe it's In the Light...

P - Maybe the studio again for "Nobody's Fault"...

ITTOD - Damn, another brain-twister; maybe "South Bound" by default

And, there's the neutered live cuts from CODA that make that album a bit shabby...

I'm not a big fan of No Quarter. First of all, it's out of place and kills the happy vibe of the album. I wish it had made it onto the fourth album. That guitar tone worked great on Black Dog but sounds like a saxophone here. With so many great live versions available there's no point in listening to it.

Lz1. I can’t quit you baby. 

Lz2. Living loving...

lz3. Hats off to Roy Harper 

lz4 zoso. None that album is a masterpiece 

lz Houses of the Holy. The Crunge, Dyer maker 

Physical graffiti , Wonton song, boogie with stu, 

presence. Royal  Orleans, tea for one 

in through the Outdoor. Fool in the rain, all my love, Hot dog, 

having read a lot off this thread before I decided to post anything I noticed a lot of people kinda trash Zeppelin latter albums, maybe not trash but point out the lack of quality in those latter albums, some might forget that Zeppelin never played songs like Royal Orleans or Hots on for nowhere live, they might of changed the structure for live shows. I would have loved to hear what they could have done with Carouselambra live? The rough mix that came out couple years ago gives us a hint what would’ve been, the toned down keyboards with more upfront Bonzo and Page jam. Hell yeah !

Ugh, this is difficult. But here goes....

LZ I: You Shook Me / I Can’t Quit You

LZ II: Thank You

LZ III: Hats Off To (Roy) Harper

LZ IV: I can’t pick.  it’s a perfect album.  IF I skip a tune on it, it’s going to have to be Going to California  

HOTH: D’yer Mak’er

PG: Sick Again, since I have to pick 

Presence: Tea for One  

This game is hard to play. 

On 7/13/2010 at 1:06 PM, cheesehead1204 said:

Not sure if there's been a topic on this, but I figured I post this anyways. What is your least favorite track on each album? Mine:

LZ1: Black Mountain Side

LZ2: Ramble On

LZ3: Hats Off To (Roy) Harper

Untitled: The Battle Of Evermore

PG: Black Country Woman

P: Candy Store Rock

Ramble on ? You kidding me. Brilliant bass run line and magnificent guitar solo by Jimmy. 

Led Zeppelin: Black Mountain Side

II: Moby Dick

III: Out On The Tiles

IV: Nope, I can't choose one - sorry, all!

Houses of the Holy: The Crunge

Physical Graffiti: Bron yr Aur

Presence: Candy Store Rock

In Through The Out Door: South Bound Saurez

Coda: Bonzo's Montreaux

I: Black Mountain Side

II: Living Loving Maid (She's Just a Woman)

III: Hats Off to (Roy) Harper

IV: Going to California [I like it, but one has to get picked]

Houses of the Holy: D'yer Mak'er

Physical Graffiti: Boogie With Stu

Presence: Candy Store Rock

In Through the Out Door: Hot Dog

Coda: Poor Tom

Edited by Spesh531
C : made an emoji

I - I can’t quit you baby 

II - Moby dick 

III - Hats off to Roy Harper