David Gilmour to appear with Roger on stage for The Wall

Electrophile

Nope. The shows were done at Nassau Veterans Memorial Coliseum in Uniondale, Long Island.

Oops. You're right. I was going from verbal folklore.

Makes me wonder. Nassau Coliseum. If they're only going to do three locations why not choose the premiere one for that region. MSG would be it.

I think everyone knows that already....also it will only be the second (top of the wall) solo that he will do... now you see him now you don't

No, it's the whole song. And all of the song was performed from the top of wall, including both of the solos.

No, it's the whole song. And all of the song was performed from the top of wall, including both of the solos.

My mistake you are right about Gilmour playing both solos from th top of the Wall..Just watched Comb Numb on my Wall show boot DVD to find out i was wrong.

Four of us went to Earls Court On Aug 5 80 to see the show. We had seats 8 rows back centre stage so to see the top of the Wall you had to look up, only when i got a nudge from my mates wife during the second solo did i notice Dave up there playing away ( i may have been rolling a joint) hence the reason why for years why i thought it was only that second solo...............I did'nt even notice it on the DVD until now.....Ultimately though, it's all about the music and you don't have to see that.

• 1 month later...

^So, how was the "dress rehearsal"?? Or was that not your ticket?

I know it's a long shot, but Dave - please come and play CN at the Tampa show!! :D

Not mine, but what a treat that would have been to go to! I'm excited today is the first day of the tour.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I really think(guess)that it's going to be in Los Angeles or Anaheim, California that David Gilmour will show. I just can't figure out what it's going to be like, the audience is just not going to let David Gilmour come on for one song, come on...that's gonna be nuts.

Wow, this is beautiful if it really happens. If these guys can make amends maybe there's even hope for peace in the Middle East (lame joke, I'm sorry).

rogndave.jpg

Getting closer Fire Opal. I promise. I had a very productive night. Three hours sleep and I'm already revving. I thought I'd be totally wiped out today. I'm ready for more. However, I've proven my point enough that I can take most of the day off and relax.

Did you go to the Fort Lauderdale show? I take it Mr. Gilmour wasn't there. I'm thinking this is a conspiracy to sell more concert tickets! :) I'd be tempted to go just on the off-chance that Gilmour might show up, but the ticket prices for Roger's show are just too dang high.

Did you go to the Fort Lauderdale show? I take it Mr. Gilmour wasn't there. I'm thinking this is a conspiracy to sell more concert tickets! :) I'd be tempted to go just on the off-chance that Gilmour might show up, but the ticket prices for Roger's show are just too dang high.

I doubt it and I would certainly hope not, as it wouldn't be very smart at all.

I'm thinking this is a conspiracy to sell more concert tickets!

No way in hell. Roger made a huge deal of it on his Facebook page after the Hoping Foundation gig. Neither one of them would want to risk screwing over the fans in an attempt to sell a couple extra seats per night. People were going to show up to these concerts anyway, even before it was announced David would be doing CN during one of them.

Going to the Tampa show tonight - I'll let you know if I see one Mr. Gilmour there or not! ;)

I'm with you Electrophile, it will probably be LA where he shows up to play.

I can't see why DG would perform Comfortably Numb anywhere in the USA or anywhere except England. Thousands of £/$ to do it, I dont think so. What would be the point of going all that way for 1 number. It will be London o2 Arena imho. He will want to take Wife Polly and their kids and other family members and friends etc. And when he's done he can go home to his own bed...

I know we all have our hopes and dreams of seeing Mr G at whatever Wall performance we are going to see. Mine is Manchester Evening News Arena Sat May 21st next year. But London it is going to be.

Well, saw the show last night and guess what????? No Gilmour! :D

Amazing show everyone - if you have tickets, you're in for a great evening!

johnthomasmoby - I was saying LA because I thought it was said (or implied) that it would be an American date he would show up to. If that was not the case, then London would be the obvious choice since it seems David doesn't like to travel around too much anymore.

Peace.

David Gilmour For London Wall Show/s? Despite 'Classic Rock Presents: Prog' claiming in an interview article with Roger Waters in September that David Gilmour would appear at a Wall show somewhere in the USA (to play the promised one off Comfortably Numb) the rumours are reaching a crescendo that in fact David will appear at one of Roger's London 02 Arena shows. (All 6 of them if you believe some rumours!) Classic Rock reported the following back in September, 'Adding to the excitement of such an appearance was the revelation on Waters' own Facebook page that Gilmour has now agreed to perform Comfortably Numb at an as-yet unnamed show on Waters' US tour. ...Naturally the internet has been abuzz with rumour and conjecture aboaut what this might mean and whether it signals a more permanent reunion. At the time of writing, all that's being talked about is the 'one off' appearance in America. 'Now other sources are refuting that, with money being placed on at least one London appearance. Even Mojo have tipped London by reporting in their December issue (issue 205, Dylan cover), "Gilmour himself is rumoured to show up at the London concerts in May". In an update, Roger Waters' Manager has advised about the rumours: "They are certainly rumours that have no truth, absolutely nothing has been decided". So there you have it.

http://www.pinkfloydz.com/

• 3 weeks later...

I can't see why DG would perform Comfortably Numb anywhere in the USA or anywhere except England. Thousands of £/$ to do it, I dont think so. What would be the point of going all that way for 1 number. It will be London o2 Arena imho. He will want to take Wife Polly and their kids and other family members and friends etc. And when he's done he can go home to his own bed...

I know we all have our hopes and dreams of seeing Mr G at whatever Wall performance we are going to see. Mine is Manchester Evening News Arena Sat May 21st next year. But London it is going to be.

I agree that it's gonna be in London, but I'm pretty sure DG does a fair amount of livin over here, too.

• 5 months later...

Archived