Sue me!

Atlas

Hi T Y'All

I think she was made to learn and play that piece as a Punishment, she keeps looking over at someone for what? encouragement? or maybe to see how many strokes of the slipper she will get for her uninspired attempt at mimicking a truly great song, abet poorly.

Nice try kid but don give up your day job of frying chicken. ;)

Regards, Danny

PS, She did a better job than i ever could. :rolleyes::wub::blush:

Hmm, funny. I was watching a video of her shredding last night on YouTube (I dislike shredding since people worship it as the greatest thing you can do with gutiar) and I saw the sidebar and it said "Stairway to Heaven Solo!11!1" I was too scared to watch it.

I watched it now...jeeeeezzz

Does no one realize that this video was uploaded almost three years ago? 3 years is a long, long time in terms of guitar playing, and based on her more recent videos she's gotten better. Also, this is more of an improvisation than a note for note copy of the solo - the two handed tapping is a dead give away, as Jimmy never used that technique in his solos. This run through of the Stairway solo isn't horrible but this isn't great either.

Does no one realize that this video was uploaded almost three years ago? 3 years is a long, long time in terms of guitar playing, and based on her more recent videos she's gotten better. Also, this is more of an improvisation than a note for note copy of the solo - the two handed tapping is a dead give away, as Jimmy never used that technique in his solos. This run through of the Stairway solo isn't horrible but this isn't great either.

The performance wasn't very passionate. Considering the fact that Page never played the song the same way twice, I don't know how we could expect someone else to play it exactly the way Page played did.

I'm impressed with this kid. I hope she continues to improve and steers clear of all the pitfalls involved in that walk of life.

She would do well to sample some good ol' blues pickin', and learn to feel the groove. Her playing too technical, and not really "inspired".

• 3 weeks later...

Archived