Tour of Europe Poster

• 3 weeks later...

I have a copy of the Tour Over Europe poster that I bought in about 1983 at used music store. I was going to get it framed, but I suspect it is probably a fake. Before I spend the big bucks to frame a fake, is there someone who is a poster expert here who can help me make the determination between fake and real? I can post dimensions and photos. The help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Added some photos:

The poster measures approximately 171/4 " X 241/2 "

Purchased as original 30 years ago. I paid about $20 for it then.

The graphics and colors are crisp, bright and convincing.

036b_zps0bf70950.jpg

035b_zps28500bae.jpg

As I answered on the other thread...it is most likely to be a reproduction. 17" x 24" is pretty small for a tour poster, especially one in Europe. Most of the European tour posters (Monsters of Rock '84, Iron Maiden @ Stuttgart, AC/DC @ Nurnberg) I got at concerts over there were huge. Are there any markings on the back of the poster?

Best bet is to take it to a real expert and have it verified for sure...they can check things like the paper it is printed on and the ink content of the image. Certain markings and number codes might help determine its authenticity.

Edited by Strider

As I answered on the other thread...it is most likely to be a reproduction. 17" x 24" is pretty small for a tour poster, especially one in Europe. Most of the European tour posters (Monsters of Rock '84, Iron Maiden @ Stuttgart, AC/DC @ Nurnberg) I got at concerts over there were huge. Are there any markings on the back of the poster?

Best bet is to take it to a real expert and have it verified for sure...they can check things like the paper it is printed on and the ink content of the image. Certain markings and number codes might help determine its authenticity.

wrong size to be an original. end of story

Too bad. Thanks guys for the help

Edited by The Dark Lord

• 3 weeks later...

I'm new this this site, but have questions about Tour of Europe posters. I was at an estate sale and purchased a roll of old navy recruitment posters from the mid 70's. inside the roll I found a Tour of europe poster printed on a card stock about twice as thick as paper. I have assertained from other posts that this is a highly reproduced poster that has come in many sizes. the one I have measures 18 3/8"x25 1/8". It has no other marking on the front or back and has swan song imprinted on the front. Any info on this would be greatly appreciated. Not sure if I should investigate further or just frame and enjoy. Thanx MAO

• 1 year later...
  • 3 weeks later...

He said it was John Miles. All the stuff I bought from him was great. He was a very nice man his ebay was like HiddenGrok or something like that. I felt he was legitmate because the stuff was all original based on my research. Tho I am a trusting soul:)

• 4 weeks later...

He said it was John Miles. All the stuff I bought from him was great. He was a very nice man his ebay was like HiddenGrok or something like that. I felt he was legitmate because the stuff was all original based on my research. Tho I am a trusting soul:)

Oh, I'm familiar with Hidden Grok. I've even purchased from them in the past. You may be alright on this one.