Own Page's Former Home for 12 Million

luvlz2

According to The Argus, Jimmy Page's former home is up for sale for 8 million pounds(approximately 12 million U.S. dollars).

Plumpton Place -- an Elizabethan manor house in Plumpton, East Sussex, England -- comes with six bedrooms, five en-suite bathrooms, a tennis court and its own moat and was once the home of the Led Zeppelin guitarist.

The Grade II-listed building comes with three lakes, two cottages and a three bedroom mill house with its own working water wheel.

Set over three floors the house has a sitting room 48 feet long and a library that is 550 square feet.

The luxury pile will offer any potential buyer with the right bank balance a haven in the South Downs six miles from Lewes and set in its own 62 acres of land.

listing link: http://www.savills.co.uk/residentialsearch/propertydetail.aspx?pID=281263 be sure to check out the brochure in the listing link, very beautiful pictures and a floor plan.

The Argus link: http://www.theargus.co.uk/news/8269058.Rock_star_s_Sussex_home_on_sale_for___8_million/

I wonder if this is the home that Jimmy Page hurt his finger right before the 02 reunion? Be sure to check out the brochure(pdf file)to see alot of great details in the listing link that I posted in the above post.

I wonder if this is the home that Jimmy Page hurt his finger right before the 02 reunion? Be sure to check out the brochure(pdf file)to see alot of great details in the listing link that I posted in the above post.

I read somewhere that he sold it in in the 80s. But I think the gardens are featured in TSRTS, where he is shown playing the hurdy-gurdy.

Jimmy sold this house years ago, I have the real estate folder from when he had it on the market back in 1981. There'll always be a connection of course, especially because of the TSRTS footage, but really it's been someone else's home for nearly 30 years. Jimmy has a fondness for Lutyens though, "the greatest British architect".

Jimmy sold this house years ago, I have the real estate folder from when he had it on the market back in 1981. There'll always be a connection of course, especially because of the TSRTS footage, but really it's been someone else's home for nearly 30 years. Jimmy has a fondness for Lutyens though, "the greatest British architect".

Notice they call him Robert Page in the Argus details :o:blink:

Hmmm!?

Hidden and lost music treasures cached within the walls, perhaps?

Great point. I wonder what familiar songs might have been conceived at this property.

The asking price may be a bit low.

Archived