Death

redrum

• 3 months later...

^^^That is devastating news, redrum, and I feel for your loss. I don't have kids of my own, but I am very close to my young nieces and nephew, and would be crushed should anything happen to them, so my condolences go out to you.

Just lost another niece to a massive stroke. She was 55. That's 3 niece's this year. Marsha, Dusty & Rosemary.

May they all rest in peace.

So sorry to hear that Redrum. My thoughts to you and your family.

Great idea for a thread! Death is universally faced by all living things.

I went through a few recently. Aaron, my next door buddy crashed his motorcycle, then my childhood friend's mother passed, right after that another friend's wife was killed on her motorcycle, next my mother died, then Grandma and finally my father died. This all happened within one year! But instead of having time to mourn and grieve, many other things happened: my children's school closed and we had to start homeschooling, we tore down our home and built a new house complete with four different contractors, a big lawsuit (which we won but could not collect on) and $30,000 in lawyer bills. Then, totally out of the blue, my wife of 27 years announces that she is in love with some guy where she works and doesn't know if she loves me anymore! It was a tough run but I have emerged stronger and happier than ever! I have learned that I can let go of the pain without losing the sweet memories.

Everything dies eventually: friends, family, childhood, relationships, etc.

Someone much cooler than me once said something like: "Humans are the only living things that know that they will die. But we also know that our culture will go on."

I got the very sad news today that a former co-worker died in an airplane crash yesterday. His dad had worked as a mechanic where I work for many years and his son Rick pretty much grew up there and became a mechanic. He left about 4 years ago to persue his passion of off road truck racing and dad retired to support his son. They still had friends and ties to the dealership where I work. My thoughts are with his family as they greive this tragedy.

http://abclocal.go.com/kabc/story?section=news/local/inland_empire&id=8394137

As more details swirl around where I work, it has come out that there were a few minutes between when they sent out a distress call when something went terribly wrong with the plane and when they crashed. The brother texted their mother and Rick was talking to his wife on the cell phone. I have been thinking about this alot and talked to my husband about it. In the face of impending death, one thinks of their loved ones and would like to talk one last time, to say goodby and express their love. And I would be greatful for that opportunity if faced with this, but it could be bittersweet for the loved one left behind. The wife also listened to the sounds of death and distruction as the plane crashed. That would be a difficult memory to live with and processing that along with the greif seems overwhelming. That aspect of this horrible senario I would not want to live with. I suppose alot of familys of the 9/11 victims live with this. How does one process that and continue with living a normal life? But then not knowing what happend those last minutes would be tormenting too. Either way tragedies like this take along time to get over.

Great idea for a thread! Death is universally faced by all living things.

I went through a few recently. Aaron, my next door buddy crashed his motorcycle, then my childhood friend's mother passed, right after that another friend's wife was killed on her motorcycle, next my mother died, then Grandma and finally my father died. This all happened within one year! But instead of having time to mourn and grieve, many other things happened: my children's school closed and we had to start homeschooling, we tore down our home and built a new house complete with four different contractors, a big lawsuit (which we won but could not collect on) and $30,000 in lawyer bills. Then, totally out of the blue, my wife of 27 years announces that she is in love with some guy where she works and doesn't know if she loves me anymore! It was a tough run but I have emerged stronger and happier than ever! I have learned that I can let go of the pain without losing the sweet memories.

Everything dies eventually: friends, family, childhood, relationships, etc.

Someone much cooler than me once said something like: "Humans are the only living things that know that they will die. But we also know that our culture will go on."

Man, that's some tough stuff to endure. I've been through two major life changes and also believe I came through it all a stronger person.

I got the very sad news today that a former co-worker died in an airplane crash yesterday. His dad had worked as a mechanic where I work for many years and his son Rick pretty much grew up there and became a mechanic. He left about 4 years ago to persue his passion of off road truck racing and dad retired to support his son. They still had friends and ties to the dealership where I work. My thoughts are with his family as they greive this tragedy.

http://abclocal.go.com/kabc/story?section=news/local/inland_empire&id=8394137

As more details swirl around where I work, it has come out that there were a few minutes between when they sent out a distress call when something went terribly wrong with the plane and when they crashed. The brother texted their mother and Rick was talking to his wife on the cell phone. I have been thinking about this alot and talked to my husband about it. In the face of impending death, one thinks of their loved ones and would like to talk one last time, to say goodby and express their love. And I would be greatful for that opportunity if faced with this, but it could be bittersweet for the loved one left behind. The wife also listened to the sounds of death and distruction as the plane crashed. That would be a difficult memory to live with and processing that along with the greif seems overwhelming. That aspect of this horrible senario I would not want to live with. I suppose alot of familys of the 9/11 victims live with this. How does one process that and continue with living a normal life? But then not knowing what happend those last minutes would be tormenting too. Either way tragedies like this take along time to get over.

That's the bad part about a plane crash is not many survive.

Back in December 1946 32 marines were killed when their plane crashed into Mt. Rainier on the South Tahoma Glacier. The glacier is closed because they don't want the morbid types looking for 'souvenirs'. There's a big plaque memorial in town here commemorating the Marines.

James Kaska

Last Friday I went with my lady to his commemoration here in town. I never met him but would have liked to as he was a down to earth guy. He was 77 when he died from cancer. His son is Kevin Kaska who is currently a film composer in Hollywood. Kevin came over and shook my hand (very strong handshake) and he seemed to be a quiet, unassuming person, and very tall. There was a small orchestra at the commemoration and we should all be so lucky to have a sendoff like that. Lotsa people were there and good food was served afterwards.

Also, his Mother was there giving out his cd's. She's very nice as is the whole family.

http://kevinkaska.com/biography.html

W_HUSEMAN_1026mza_3CF0WRL55.JPG

A sad but loving last gesture a man does for his brothers. Beautiful caskets fitting for this man.

http://www.pe.com/local-news/riverside-county/riverside/riverside-headlines-index/20111025-riverside-man-builds-coffins-for-his-brothers.ece

On another sad note for me, I got an email from a friend from my younger days and learned that a mutual friend passed away last week from a stroke. He was one of my ex's best friends and an usher when my ex and I got married. Lot's of crazy memories from those days.

• 1 year later...

Archived