led zeppelin picture discs

my fiance saw some led zeppelin vinyl picture discs for sale in a small record store in sydney ( aust ). they were of II and IV. they were on display on the wall, so he didn't get a close look, but i was wondering if these were put out by atlantic back at the time of issue, or if they are just a mock up. if there were some produced back in the day, what would they be worth? anyone know? they were on sale for AU$29.

thanks so much.

my fiance saw some led zeppelin vinyl picture discs for sale in a small record store in sydney ( aust ). they were of II and IV. they were on display on the wall, so he didn't get a close look, but i was wondering if these were put out by atlantic back at the time of issue, or if they are just a mock up. if there were some produced back in the day, what would they be worth? anyone know? they were on sale for AU$29.

thanks so much.

that's the maximum price

all counterfeit records

the only pictured / colored disk was LZIV purple UK pressing

See my international LZ discography (fake records link)

So far as I know none of the original Led Zeppelin albums were ever issued anywhere as a picture disc. There were of course many live bootleg picture disc vinyl releases in the late '80s/early '90s, and a few authorized vinyl picture disc interviews. The picture disc interviews are worth $15-$25 USD each. The ones he saw may

actually be a series of interview picture discs that were produced...Ramble I, Ramble II, Ramble III, Ramble IV.

So far as I know none of the original Led Zeppelin albums were ever issued anywhere as a picture disc. There were of course many live bootleg picture disc vinyl releases in the late '80s/early '90s, and a few authorized vinyl picture disc interviews. The picture disc interviews are worth $15-$25 USD each. The ones he saw may

actually be a series of interview picture discs that were produced...Ramble I, Ramble II, Ramble III, Ramble IV.

thanks also steve.

no, they werent interviews, i guess they were as luke the duke says, counterfeits of the original albums. :(

Archived