So what does it take?

Anjin-san

Hi all,

Just an open question to Sam(owner) and the moderators.What determines or better yet the criteria to get banned from the official forum? Is it a disagreement of views?Language? A political,social point of view,that is not agreeable,at least to moderators of this board?

Is there no early waring system to any member,that their comments are not appropriate?Under the guise of forum rules?I am just asking a question,....

The reason is that BIGDAN was banned this week.A Led Zeppelin fan and a wanker who I have had more than one(2,3?) heated,er,disagreements with! :D

If I am banned for this posting,well so be it.My email is posted in Brothers&Sisters,write to me anytime.

Funny,if I don't get an answer,then I'll have one.

KB

I'm new here (as far as posting) and, I'd like to know also. I was talking to a guy called Tripmender and noticed that he's banned along with BIGDAN. I don't have time to go through too many posts but, I've never seen one from either person that constitutes banning. Just curious here.

Haven`t been keeping up much later here.

I did notice that Tripmender got banned and was wondering why another well known troublemaker/shit-stirrer or two weren`t banned as well.

Double standard?

The banishment hammer does seem to fall on some heads and not others.

I`ve been here since Feb. 2002 and was even banned myself long ago.

Most of the more interesting posters here are usually shown the door.

I didn`t notice BIGDAN got banned. I`ve had a run in with him but he gave a little pulse to the community and will be missed.

Its all good now big guy.

No hard feelings.

PEACE.

Maybe this BB is just plain vanilla.

Under avatar, where it says group, it will ay banned. No, cannot return with same name unless mods lift the ban

Well thank you Anjin-san and Silvermedalist, I seldom go back and look at old posts so I would not have realized BIGDAN was gone for a while. I cast my vote to bring him back. I don't know how he broke the rules but there must be other members out there who are just as guilty. BIGDAN was never malicious in his comments although I see how some may have taken offense.

This place isn't a democracy, nobody really needs to give you any reason for any actions.

Maybe not but then again, mistakes are made. I happen to think Big Dan was the victim of one

What? BIGDAN banned? NOoooooo!

I was logged on when Tripmender was being very nasty with Deborah J (and Knebby at another time) and I believe that BIGDAN was trying to calm people down to try to prevent them from being banned. Others were in the mix in the arguments, too, and they did not get banned. Tripmender went over the line and deserved to be banned. But I did not witness anything from BIGDAN, and I believe that Silvermedalist took Danny's advice and backed off. I logged off before midnight, I believe, and maybe did not witness everything that went down with BIGDAN. He has an unusual sense of humour, and maybe his attempt to lighten the situation with his humour was mis-interpreted. The arguments stemmed from the usual unacceptable Robert bashing, and I believe it was in the "Jason Bonham Talks Zep" thread, of all places, as well as the ones about Robert's tour. It was getting to be ridiculous and had to be stopped. Those of us who enjoy Robert's new music were intimidated and reluctant to post anything about it for fear of backlash. At least now we can share in Robert's joy with his Band of Joy and not get hammered for it.

I am all for bringing BIGDAN back!

How about it?

What? BIGDAN banned? NOoooooo!

I was logged on when Tripmender was being very nasty with Deborah J (and Knebby at another time) and I believe that BIGDAN was trying to calm people down to try to prevent them from being banned. Others were in the mix in the arguments, too, and they did not get banned. Tripmender went over the line and deserved to be banned. But I did not witness anything from BIGDAN, and I believe that Silvermedalist took Danny's advice and backed off. I logged off before midnight, I believe, and maybe did not witness everything that went down with BIGDAN. He has an unusual sense of humour, and maybe his attempt to lighten the situation with his humour was mis-interpreted. The arguments stemmed from the usual unacceptable Robert bashing, and I believe it was in the "Jason Bonham Talks Zep" thread, of all places, as well as the ones about Robert's tour. It was getting to be ridiculous and had to be stopped. Those of us who enjoy Robert's new music were intimidated and reluctant to post anything about it for fear of backlash. At least now we can share in Robert's joy with his Band of Joy and not get hammered for it.

I am all for bringing BIGDAN back!

How about it?

Hi, I thought it was in the "live Aid " thread, which is now gone BTW, but you may be right.Tripmender is/was a shit stirrer and always will be. And he will be back soon under another name doing the same thing, that's what he does.

I didn't see anything Big Dan said that was worth bannishment before I logged off and went to bed.I have seen this before, a perfectly good poster gets caught up in the mob mentality of a few and ends up with the pretend posters.

And once again Sam has to act as babysitter, which must be exhausting. You could PM him, he doesn't bite.

I missed all that bru ha ha. Once I figured out BIGDAN'S personality I found his posts to be entertaining even if I couldn't figure out what the hell he was talking about half the time. He could get over the top sometimes but I've never seen any thing myself the would warrant being banned.

Most of the time, I like the shit-stirrers. Some of them are old die-hard fans and with great sense of humor.

Yeah, that's it ! Great sense of humour that at times can be misunderstood. Personally, as long as they can take it themselves, I love it when someone try's taking the piss outta me. Great fun biggrin.gif

bigdan banned!!!???!!!

what the hell. another reason fans of all sensibilities should look for other avenues of expression. i used to post all the time but now i mostly just read- i found it wasn't worth it to tangle swords with people who have no sense of proportion. but bigdan was easily the best reason to drop by here. i found him to be the english version of mark twain who wrote as he spoke and let me tell you friends, that is rare. he also didn't get wrapped up in any "what i know about zep is bigger than what you know" bullshit that some of the high number posters suffer from.

i realize this isn't a democracy but fairness should always be the order of the day. i hope (but doubt) that that is the case....

if it means anything at all, bring bigdan back. please.

beat

bigdan banned!!!???!!!

what the hell. another reason fans of all sensibilities should look for other avenues of expression. i used to post all the time but now i mostly just read- i found it wasn't worth it to tangle swords with people who have no sense of proportion. but bigdan was easily the best reason to drop by here. i found him to be the english version of mark twain who wrote as he spoke and let me tell you friends, that is rare. he also didn't get wrapped up in any "what i know about zep is bigger than what you know" bullshit that some of the high number posters suffer from.

i realize this isn't a democracy but fairness should always be the order of the day. i hope (but doubt) that that is the case....

if it means anything at all, bring bigdan back. please.

beat

I'm not active for 1 day and this happens. I hope he comes back sad.gif

Are you guys sure that BIGDAN got banned? When I went on his profile, it said that the group he was in was still Members, and it says the same thing next to his old posts (as opposed to Tripmender's profile and posts, which both say the group he's in is Banned)

Also, I guess I'm probably the only person on this forum who wasn't irritated by Tripmender.

Are you guys sure that BIGDAN got banned? When I went on his profile, it said that the group he was in was still Members, and it says the same thing next to his old posts (as opposed to Tripmender's profile and posts, which both say the group he's in is Banned)

Also, I guess I'm probably the only person on this forum who wasn't irritated by Tripmender.

It definately used to say BANNED, but your are right, it does not say he is any longer. I guess his exile was reversed. Hope someone emails him to tell him. Hopefully he will want to come back.

• Administrators

It definately used to say BANNED, but your are right, it does not say he is any longer. I guess his exile was reversed. Hope someone emails him to tell him. Hopefully he will want to come back.

His ban was lifted and he's been notified.

I think some people were bothered by his posts in the news section. His posts never bothered me and if they did isn't that what the block feature is for? Not a lot of support to bring him back so wonder how long he will be banned.

Archived