Robert Plant - Meyerson Symphony Center - Dallas, TX

UPDATED: The link below is now updated with a review.

Thought you guys might like these shots I took for Pegasus News at last night's show...

Robert Plant - Meyerson Symphony Center - Dallas, TX 2010

(Could only shoot from the lighting board, so not many angles available unfortunately.)

Later,

Danny

www.prettycoolimages.com

Based on the setlist at TBL, it looks like they restored 'Please Read the Letter', and otherwise stuck with the Tucson setlist. The new Patty Griffin tune is a big improvement over 'Nobody's Fault' that she was doing, which only lasted 90 seconds or so. Plus, the fact that it's uptempo as opposed to the dirgelike tempo for NFBM.

Dallas was a great show, but Houston was amazing. Everybody was on fire (a strange metaphor, because a wild thunderstorm was raging around the concert space which was outdoors, but thankfully covered). The new material was wonderful, they added Tangerine and In the Mood, the medley just got better . . what a night. Much more animated audience than Dallas, too (though as I said, that was also a great show).

Dallas was a great show, but Houston was amazing. Everybody was on fire (a strange metaphor, because a wild thunderstorm was raging around the concert space which was outdoors, but thankfully covered). The new material was wonderful, they added Tangerine and In the Mood, the medley just got better . . what a night. Much more animated audience than Dallas, too (though as I said, that was also a great show).

Houston Tangerine

Houston Gallows Pole

Houston R&R

Yea, the Meyerson Symphony Center was a strange venue... very good sound, but probably the most low volume concert I've ever been to. The crowd was pretty tame too. I would've rather seen him in a regular venue with a security pit in front of the stage... could've gotten WAY better shots!

Btw, I know I should never be surprised by dumb youtube comments, but one guy commented on the Gallows Pole vid that he was really disappointed by the show as they did all new stuff and absolutely no Zeppelin. :huh:

My response to that guy -- He's a...

:baby:

Yea, the Meyerson Symphony Center was a strange venue... very good sound, but probably the most low volume concert I've ever been to. The crowd was pretty tame too. I would've rather seen him in a regular venue with a security pit in front of the stage... could've gotten WAY better shots!

The audience was tame, especially for a Friday night. I don't know if the blast furnace temperatures this week had taken a lot out of the good people of Dallas, if the venue itself had compelled them to be almost reverential towards the performers or a combination of both but the audience response was anything but energetic. I recall during the show a shout for "Zeppelin", another for 'Stairway' and a third for 'When The Levee Breaks'. Two ladies in their 50s dismissed the show they had just seen with "that Robert Plant sure has lost it"..."yeah, I felt like I was in church". They had to be casual fans for anyone remotely paying attention to his musical direction would have realized they should forget about seeing duckwalks and lazers.

The audience was tame, especially for a Friday night. I don't know if the blast furnace temperatures this week had taken a lot out of the good people of Dallas, if the venue itself had compelled them to be almost reverential towards the performers or a combination of both but the audience response was anything but energetic. I recall during the show a shout for "Zeppelin", another for 'Stairway' and a third for 'When The Levee Breaks'. Two ladies in their 50s dismissed the show they had just seen with "that Robert Plant sure has lost it"..."yeah, I felt like I was in church". They had to be casual fans for anyone remotely paying attention to his musical direction would have realized they should forget about seeing duckwalks and lazers.

One was probably the missing Butterqueen hoping to be whipped into a frenzy!! In the old days she'd clamp down on and melt those sticks. Butter ! No, Parkay. :(

I totally agree, they were expecting a "Zeppelin" show, and were disappointed because it ended up being a Robert Plant show. It's weird because I've been running into alot of people that REALLY think Led Zeppelin are still together. They don't even have a clue. And honestly, it DID feel like a church (it was a symphony center for crying out loud!)... but that was the venue, not Robert... he was amazing as usual. Ugh, I just don't get some people.

I saw the Pretenders at the Benedum Center in Pittsburgh a few years back , and it was similar in mood. Chrissie Hynde put a lot of effort into getting the crowd excited, and I thought she seemed frustrated that she couldn't make it happen. I also remember thinking it wasn't loud enough. I don't know that it was the venue or not, but it felt just out of kilter. Funny though, before they restored the Benedum to it's current glory, it was the Stanley Theater, and in the 70's and 80's hosted many wild rock concerts. Not to mention showing of the Song Remains the Same and Three Stooges film fests :D

• 1 month later...

Archived