"Love Festival"

sweetredwine

Seriously though, if you see the Manson murderer's when you hear the term hippies...you have a skewed view. They certainly weren't hippies anymore than Rush is a liberal ! :lol: Or Obama a conservative !

Manson was more of a con man than a "hippie", but he used the sex, drugs, & rock n roll hippie lifestyle to seduce and brainwash his followers.

The Manson murders certainly were the nails in the coffin for the hippie movement. After that they were looked at in a different light.

Manson was more of a con man than a "hippie", but he used the sex, drugs, & rock n roll hippie lifestyle to seduce and brainwash his followers.

The Manson murders certainly were the nails in the coffin for the hippie movement. After that they were looked at in a different light.

ALL because of presumptuous NON -Hippies !

I'm not talking about the extreme fringe 'wannabee's !'. You're taking the abberant and expounding on that. Just like the others who look at hippies "in a different light". They're misguided, propelled by media exploitation and exaggeration. YOU'VE fallen victim to that as well !

Only those who didn't have the vibe of the hippies saw this point of view you present. No one I knew felt Manson and his followers were EVER hippies ! :lol:

Were you even around and aware ? Or are you going by reading history ? Not that either one validates or invalidates your view, I'm just wondering.

... And you can hardly accuse those dudes of being shaven-headed fascists.

you mean, like The Wanderers?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xzHA1WSgm0U

Seriously now, this situation is extremely sad and 25 people are still in the hospital

Germany: memorial service for Love Parade victims

Thousands attend Love Parade memorial service - article and video

Only those who didn't have the vibe of the hippies saw this point of view you present.

I didn't know "hippie" was some kind of exclusive club which only represented people with a certain "vibe".

Sounds kind of elitist.

No one I knew felt Manson and his followers were EVER hippies !

Maybe not in your eyes, but that's what he made himself out to be - a member of the counterculture. His followers and associates in the music and entertainment business (including Beach Boy Dennis Wilson) bought the act hook, line, and sinker.

Were you even around and aware ? Or are you going by reading history ? Not that either one validates or invalidates your view, I'm just wondering.

History.

I didn't know "hippie" was some kind of exclusive club which only represented people with a certain "vibe".

Sounds kind of elitist.

Maybe not in your eyes, but that's what he made himself out to be - a member of the counterculture. His followers and associates in the music and entertainment business (including Beach Boy Dennis Wilson) bought the act hook, line, and sinker.

History.

Elite ? No, but of a 'frame of mind'.

"He made himself out to be." Made. Made up, acting, if others fell into it that's their gullibility. You still don't seem to believe that his actions and those of his followers were aberrant behavior outside of 'hippie' behavior. His was an act, a bad one at that. And the consequences worse.

Again I'll say it other words,

You are misinformed if you picture Manson and his follwers as hippies representing the collective of such. REALLY blurred vision !

Archived