Led Zeppelin #1 In Hall of Fame

I love their description:

"Led Zeppelin was the definitive heavy metal band. It wasn't just their crushingly loud interpretation of the blues — it was how they incorporated mythology, mysticism, and a variety of other genres (most notably world music and British folk) — into their sound"

So true. They are the best. Glad to see other people outside this forum see that. :hurrah:

I love their description:

"Led Zeppelin was the definitive heavy metal band. It wasn't just their crushingly loud interpretation of the blues — it was how they incorporated mythology, mysticism, and a variety of other genres (most notably world music and British folk) — into their sound"

So true. They are the best. Glad to see other people outside this forum see that. :hurrah:

Surely you realize that this forum represents at best,

0.00000000000000000001% of the world's Led Zeppelin fans.

Surely you realize that this forum represents at best,

0.00000000000000000001% of the world's Led Zeppelin fans.

Oh I totally know that. Just anytime I see someone put Zeppelin as #1 for anything, it makes me happy. Just that simple.

I also don't know that many people in my personal life who listen or even love Zeppelin as much as I do, so I usually get my fix on here.

And the 02 show clearly showed how many fans they have.

Ho hum, what else is new? :D Anyways the site has a radio in streaming that I can listen to.

That radio is a bluff. It's called "Led Zeppelin Radio" but the chances to hear a Led Zeppelin song on it are infinitesimal (if not zero).

That radio is a bluff. It's called "Led Zeppelin Radio" but the chances to hear a Led Zeppelin song on it are infinitesimal (if not zero).

Not true.

It's not Led Zeppelin radio, but as the name says Classic Rock 95.3 FM.

They play lots of Zeppelin and other bands of their ilk, but you'd know that if you bothered to listen to the station before making absurd statements without doing any research.

Not true.

They play lots of Zeppelin and other bands of their ilk, but you'd know that if you bothered to listen to the station before making absurd statements without doing any research.

Not true.

I was confounding radio stations (I was thinking about the radio from last.fm - yes, I'm dazed and confused most of the time).

I am sorry. I won't do it again (I hope). Cheers.

Anyplace that calls them heavy metal doesn't receive my approval. They were much much more than heavy metal and even with the added description it does no justice.

I agree. As soon as I read 'heavy metal' in decriptions of LZ I kind of stop reading. It's nonsense. A few songs LZ did inspired the following 'heavy metal' genre but LZ never were 'heavy metal'. I don't mind them being called a heavy/hard blues or heavy/hard rock band....which they initially were....but the term 'heavy metal' always conjures up the (wrong) imagery in my mind. B)

I agree. As soon as I read 'heavy metal' in decriptions of LZ I kind of stop reading. It's nonsense. A few songs LZ did inspired the following 'heavy metal' genre but LZ never were 'heavy metal'. I don't mind them being called a heavy/hard blues or heavy/hard rock band....which they initially were....but the term 'heavy metal' always conjures up the (wrong) imagery in my mind. B)

Yup, absolutely. When I hear the term "heavy metal" I picture a guy screaming in a raspy voice and an absurdly loud electric guitar in the background. LZ cannot be classified in that category, I mean don't get me wrong "heavy metal" is good to those who enjoy that type of music, but LZ is a whole different category of rock' 'n roll in itself. LedZep=musical perfection not "heavy metal" lol

Archived