F***ing Scammers

redrum

I got another one today that was similar to the last one. Claimed to be from England but the letter was postmarked from Canada.

They must think we Americans are pretty gullible. We are in a lot of cases.

:lol:

It's such a shame that scammers have infiltrated the relay system for the deaf on the telephones. We own a auto repair shop and they use the system to call auto shops. Give a story that they need extensive repairs on a car being given to them by some relative but the car is in some state on the east coast. (We are in Calif) They want it towed to our shop :blink:

but need our credit card number to pay for the tow and then we can tack that on to the repair bill . Ok, based on my calculations about 3. a mile, hook up charge, carry the 9, can work out to around 9000-10000. Do they think I am nuts? We have had several calls in the last few months with the same scripted story. I listen in case it is a legit call but as soon as the east coast location pops up I nail them and they hang up. I hope those poor operators caught in the middle report this abuse to whatever agency should be notified about these scammers.

It's such a shame that scammers have infiltrated the relay system for the deaf on the telephones. We own a auto repair shop and they use the system to call auto shops. Give a story that they need extensive repairs on a car being given to them by some relative but the car is in some state on the east coast. (We are in Calif) They want it towed to our shop :blink:

but need our credit card number to pay for the tow and then we can tack that on to the repair bill . Ok, based on my calculations about 3. a mile, hook up charge, carry the 9, can work out to around 9000-10000. Do they think I am nuts? We have had several calls in the last few months with the same scripted story. I listen in case it is a legit call but as soon as the east coast location pops up I nail them and they hang up. I hope those poor operators caught in the middle report this abuse to whatever agency should be notified about these scammers.

That tow truck company (not yours) sounds like a great way to see the country. :lol:

They must be called: 'LottaGall Towing'

This was sent to my email account today by some f*ckin' hacker! :angry: What a load of BS!!! :angry:

Dear Account User, VERIFY AND CONFIRM YOUR EMAIL ACCOUNT TO AVOID CLOSURE ! This Email is issued by Yahoo Account Services of the merging unit of operating board. We have sent this email to you for safety. We are having unnecessary congestion resulting from numerous anonymous registrations of various email accounts. Due to the congestion, we would be shutting down most email accounts which appeared anonymous and unused on our secret assessment unit. Your Email account was among those to be deleted. This email is a notification for you to verify and indicate to us if you still want to keep and use this account. To confirm your E-mail account, fill out your Login Informations below after clicking the reply button. * User name: ..... * Password: ..... * Date of Birth: ... Subject to Email accounts client protection policy, we will not access your email account. We require your user name, password and date of birth to due automatically on our secret assessment unit were every valid account appears to safeguard your email account from automatic deletion by our system. Your account will not be interrupted and will continue as normal if you fill out your Login Informations as listed above. Warning!!! Refusal to this demand will suspended your Email account anonymously and your email account will be closed permanently without further notification on our termination date. Thanks for your attention to this request. Regards,Yahoo! Account Services********************************************************Do bear with us as we upgrade to serve you better!

Not sure this belongs here, but someone managed to add me as a friend over on FB without my getting a notice, and without my acceptance. This is someone I know, but that shouldn't matter. Weird.

That's very weird, and a little scary even if it's a friend.

This was sent to my email account today by some f*ckin' hacker! :angry: What a load of BS!!! :angry:

Dear Account User, VERIFY AND CONFIRM YOUR EMAIL ACCOUNT TO AVOID CLOSURE ! This Email is issued by Yahoo Account Services of the merging unit of operating board. We have sent this email to you for safety. We are having unnecessary congestion resulting from numerous anonymous registrations of various email accounts. Due to the congestion, we would be shutting down most email accounts which appeared anonymous and unused on our secret assessment unit. Your Email account was among those to be deleted. This email is a notification for you to verify and indicate to us if you still want to keep and use this account. To confirm your E-mail account, fill out your Login Informations below after clicking the reply button. * User name: ..... * Password: ..... * Date of Birth: ... Subject to Email accounts client protection policy, we will not access your email account. We require your user name, password and date of birth to due automatically on our secret assessment unit were every valid account appears to safeguard your email account from automatic deletion by our system. Your account will not be interrupted and will continue as normal if you fill out your Login Informations as listed above. Warning!!! Refusal to this demand will suspended your Email account anonymously and your email account will be closed permanently without further notification on our termination date. Thanks for your attention to this request. Regards,Yahoo! Account Services********************************************************Do bear with us as we upgrade to serve you better!

Did you forward this to the real YAHOO so they know there are scammers misrepresenting themselves as YAHOO?

That's very weird, and a little scary even if it's a friend.

Exactly. I mean why have privacy settings, then? I let them know but got a generic 'thanks for the info but we can't respond personally because we get too many questions" response :huh:

Same here. Up until recently, you couldn't even find me. Now only the most basic info shows up (that I've got a profile and that I'm a female). This is someone I used to briefly have as a FB friend and then not. So now I somehow got an extra friend without my say so. I de-friended said person, but...

LOL! :lol: Exactly! B):P

I am always amazed at what people will do for money and it's not just scammers and crooks. Just watch the show 'WIPEOUT' How humiliating is that?

I'd be willing to bet that if to win the grand prize all you had to do was eat a bowl of poop how many would be willing to do it? :slapface:

I am always amazed at what people will do for money and it's not just scammers and crooks. Just watch the show 'WIPEOUT' How humiliating is that?

I'd be willing to bet that if to win the grand prize all you had to do was eat a bowl of poop how many would be willing to do it? :slapface:

Yeah...I've seen that show! Sheesh! :rolleyes: That show and pretty much so many scams out there literally take the sayings "Desperate Times Call For Desperate Measures" and "Get Rich Quick Or Die Trying" to a whole new level! :slapface:

The only way to earn money is through the honest and straightforward way where it is dignified, lawful and productive! Shame that there are so many unscruplus folks out there these days! :rolleyes:

One of the more entertaining ones from today's spam folder:

SUBJECT: Contact us with your details

TEXT: A cash grant award of £654,000.00GBP from the Atm Card Award Promo has

been awarded to you. Contact us with your details.

And then they list all the 'details' they need. Yeah. I'll get right on that. Hang on! :lol:

Archived