Robert Plant Sang at my Engagement Party!

Dandu

Well,

Rebecca and I finally got married yesterday!!!

A few weeks ago someone who was in the crowd next to us sent us some spectacular footage from our engagement which actually shows us in the front row getting engaged! We edited this together with some other footage from you tube and were able to put together this amazing video which really captures the moment and was shown for the guests at our wedding. Brings back a lot of memories!!

Thanks for the info Dandu. So happy for the two of you that the dream is now fulfilled. :kiss: I remember this video from about a year ago. It was so amazing that Robert himself appreciated this moment almost as much as the two of you with his toasts and even changing some of the lyrics to "Thank You" in your honor. :thumbsup: How many people can say that? I wish the two of you a great honeymoon and a fabulous life together filled with love and Led Zeppelin of course! :yesnod:

I too had Robert speak to me at a show, which was last year. You may know this as I mentioned it on this board last year. He played a one off club show at the Bowery Ballroom in NYC last September. Only room for 500 attendees. During the show before Townes Van Zandt's "harms Swifts Way", Robert was talking about all the American blues music he and other Brits had incorporated into their own music and fell in love with. He mentioned most Brits had forgotten (or something like that) the great music of the hills of Tennessee and the plains of Texas. Just after this, I shouted out "Memphis" and Robert said, while looking at me (Iwas just a few feet back from the stage) how great Memphis is, but nowadays how most forget about the music here. What a moment for me, being such a fan of his and coming from someone of his stature and possessing the knowledge and background he has in music. It was quite something.

Amazingly, there is a YT video(which I had no part of) where my portion is separated. Here it is, if you've never seen it:

I also met Buddy and Darrell after the show, but that's something for another time.

Archived