Has Led Zeppelin ever inspired you to change for the better?

• 1 month later...

Hello.. i'm new to the board also...I just got into led zeppelin a while ago.I love their music,and also have been inspired to take up guitar again:P but,I think they also inspired me to never take up drugs,smoking,the like.(even if i wasn't going to do it in the first place) not just them, but EC, the beatles, etc etc. they also taught that having that much creativity is a burden...and that john bonham is possibly one of the best drummers ever!:D

• 2 weeks later...

I think so. Any band or artist like Zep that I find really inspirational inspires a change in me. Anytime I find something new I really like it seems to be breath new creative life into me. Zeppelin did this for me no doubt. Whether or not I changed for the better I think is hard to prove, but there was certainly a change and I think I became a better guitar player as a result, which I consider a good thing.

Scientifically it could be argued that the entire universe is a song, since everything is vibration, therefore I think its important to not underestimate the power of music, in changing people's lives. Even if the change is not noticed I would argue people are effected and changed as people by the music they choose to listen to (or are subjected to) without question.

Ever notice how virtually all department stores play top 40 type music nowadays for example? Try to find a retail store that plays classical music. People behave differently when they are subjected to different forms of music. It has been shown for example that people generally make quicker impulse decisions (ie buy more) when listening to rock/pop/country etc. Anything repetitive and slightly hypnotic. Where classical music actually slows down the brain waves, causing people to think through decisions more thoroughly (ie likely buy less). Its also been shown people's minds can retain more information at slower brain wave cycles. So literally studying to classical music would create a different effect in the brain than studying to pop music or heavy metal.

I think music has a profound effect on society, and on an individuals subconscious mind. It doesnt have to be a 'conscious' change, but the music a person chooses to listen to will effect their vibration therefore future courses of action.

I think so. Any band or artist like Zep that I find really inspirational inspires a change in me. Anytime I find something new I really like it seems to be breath new creative life into me. Zeppelin did this for me no doubt. Whether or not I changed for the better I think is hard to prove, but there was certainly a change and I think I became a better guitar player as a result, which I consider a good thing.

Scientifically it could be argued that the entire universe is a song, since everything is vibration, therefore I think its important to not underestimate the power of music, in changing people's lives. Even if the change is not noticed I would argue people are effected and changed as people by the music they choose to listen to (or are subjected to) without question.

Ever notice how virtually all department stores play top 40 type music nowadays for example? Try to find a retail store that plays classical music. People behave differently when they are subjected to different forms of music. It has been shown for example that people generally make quicker impulse decisions (ie buy more) when listening to rock/pop/country etc. Anything repetitive and slightly hypnotic. Where classical music actually slows down the brain waves, causing people to think through decisions more thoroughly (ie likely buy less). Its also been shown people's minds can retain more information at slower brain wave cycles. So literally studying to classical music would create a different effect in the brain than studying to pop music or heavy metal.

I think music has a profound effect on society, and on an individuals subconscious mind. It doesnt have to be a 'conscious' change, but the music a person chooses to listen to will effect their vibration therefore future courses of action.

Very well said!!:)

I like that analysis. When I listen to music sometimes I find it amazing how musicians mix the sounds of the instruments to make something pleasant to the listener ear, and how music has evolved through time. Even ancient civilizations had primitive instruments to make sound, even if it was just a leg bone on the old tree trunk. I also ponder on how many musical styles there are and why one would be drawn to one group or style and not others

:goodpost:

The one thing I liked about Zep is that they never swear in there songs. When I see them in interviews they never swear. I like that, as I only cuss when I am agittated.

Very true. Although, there is a lot of sexual innuendo within. Although, there may be some swear words here and here. We'd have to think about that, which songs they're in. Good observation on your part, but I have thought about that too.

The one thing I liked about Zep is that they never swear in there songs. When I see them in interviews they never swear. I like that, as I only cuss when I am agittated.

I like that too. I never really thought about it, but I believe you're right - I can't think of a single song with a swear word in it.

Maybe it's because of their intellect :). My mother always said that people who use cuss words were too dumb and uneducated to think of the proper grammar necessary to get their point across. ;)

My mother always said that people who use cuss words were too dumb and uneducated to think of the proper grammar necessary to get their point across. ;)

Tell that to Richard Pryor, or Lenny Bruce. Some comics rely on cursing for shock value but not those two, it was as integral to their act as the ugly truths they unveiled to an unsuspecting public.

A good point you've brought up there! :D I for one, could certainly learn from Zep in this regard because I'm quite guilty of swearing quite a bit, especially when things fail to go my way! :blush:

Archived