Amish, Anyone?

BIGDAN

Yes, you will pass. :D

Hi 'Tejanablonde'

I'm having second thoughts of joining the Amish. :o

I've just been to visit my friends Dad in the Clapton/Stoke Newington area of London only to find a hoard of Hasidic Jews living there, i have had not so good experiences with them years ago when i was a courier, they have a dislike, even hatred for the Local Cockney community that i had forgotten about, the point I'm trying to make is that the Hasidic Jews and the Amish seem very much like cousins to me, their dress, their Religious Zealotism and their Hatred and Self Alienation from their Local Communities is not to my liking.

Regards, Danny

PS, And neither of them have any decent Musical tastes. :piano::standup_bass::accordian::elvis2::sarcastic_hand:

Hi Danny,all,

Hi 'Tejanablonde'

I've just been to visit my friends Dad in the Clapton/Stoke Newington area of London only to find a hoard of Hasidic Jews living there, i have had not so good experiences with them years ago when i was a courier, they have a dislike, even hatred for the Local Cockney community that i had forgotten about, the point I'm trying to make is that the Hasidic Jews and the Amish seem very much like cousins to me, their dress, their Religious Zealotism and their Hatred and Self Alienation from their Local Communities is not to my liking.

Regards, Danny

PS, And neither of them have any decent Musical tastes. :piano::standup_bass::accordian::elvis2::sarcastic_hand:

Your -just- getting it,....now? :blink:

Egad! ;)

KB :P

Hi Danny,all,

Your -just- getting it,....now? :blink:

Egad! ;)

KB :P

Hi Kev,

But surely the Amish are exactly what the Founding Fathers wanted the American People to be like,

Religious,

Righteous,

Ultra Moral,

Hardworking,

Unreliant on the Government,

Extremely Healthy,

Live a Frugal Simple Lifestyle,

Become Law Abiding Citizens,

Non Consumerizationists,

The use of Good Christian Names,

If I've missed anything please PM me.

Seems to me that the "Amish" are more "American" than all you lot of MoFos dun it? :lol:

Very Kind Regards, Amish Dan

http://www.holycross...ishfaq.htm#name

PS, Was Old Abe Lincoln an Amish by any chance? :whistling:

PPS, Where did it all go wrong? :lol:

Hi Danny,all,

1) No need to yell,nor use red,.... :D Nor BIG RED,BIG DAN! :lol:

Now I can take Page on the Martin,Plant singing over it,Jonesy on the upright bass and Bonzo drowning them all out on the Ludwig kit.Then, where would we be? ;)

You and the Queen,do what you wilt,.....

KB(lean on the wha-wha,Jimmy,hard!) Love you,Bro!

Hi Danny,all,

1) No need to yell,nor use red,.... :D Nor BIG RED,BIG DAN! :lol:

Now I can take Page on the Martin,Plant singing over it,Jonesy on the upright bass and Bonzo drowning them all out on the Ludwig kit.Then, where would we be? ;)

You and the Queen,do what you wilt,.....

KB(lean on the wha-wha,Jimmy,hard!) Love you,Bro!

Hi Kev,

You never let me down Bro, i need you to feed off of mate, but i did do a good job didn't i? you know y'all could do a whole lot worse than taking a leaf out of the "Amish Moral Codex" and living like God intended. And it would make you're Great Country of America even Greater and a much better place to live in for all of Gods creations, you know it makes sense, Kushty? ;)

This could be you're new National Anthem.

"I'm Amish till i dye, I'm Amish till i dye, i know i am, I'm sure i am, I'm Amish till i dye."

Very Kind Retards, Brian Issac Goliath Daniel Abraham Nathaniel

Hi 'Tejanablonde'

Regards, Danny

Hi T Y'All,

... If you could let us know of any Community that would entertain us we would be much obliged, also if you could give us some clue to where these fcuktards reside it would be much appreciated.

Well, if you're looking for entertainment ...

... maybe ... the Led Zep "Ramble On" forum? :rolleyes:

Well, if you're looking for entertainment ...

... maybe ... the Led Zep "Ramble On" forum? :rolleyes:

Hi 'sweetredwine'

Good idea, i thought that's where i was anyway. ;)

Retards, Brian Issac Goliath Daniel Abraham Nathaniel

Hi BIGDAN!

Here is a story of how Amish boys have fun on Saturday nights. It's so sad that this incident had to happen.

Driver Shoots and Kills Man After Amish Pranksters Throw Tomatoes at His Car

The Associated Press

Published: Sep 2, 2003

MOUNT HOPE, Ohio (AP) - A driver fired a shotgun into a cornfield and killed a man after being tormented by a group of young Amish pranksters who pelted his car with tomatoes, authorities said.

Steven L. Keim was with about 10 other members of the Amish community, ages 15 to 23, who were hiding in the field Monday night, throwing tomatoes and firing paintball guns at passing cars, the Holmes County Sheriff's office said.

After driving past the cornfield several times and being pelted on each occasion, the driver stopped and challenged the group to throw more tomatoes, then fired three to five shots into the field, striking Keim multiple times. No suspect had been arrested Tuesday.

Holmes County, a rural area that has what is believed to be the world's largest Amish population, sees its share of pranks by young Amish people every fall, Chief Deputy Nathan Fritz said.

"They'll steal their neighbor's buggy and put it on top of a building," Fritz said.

It was the county's first firearm-related homicide in about 30 years, Fritz said.

Although Keim was raised Amish, the self-employed roofing contractor had a driver's license and had left the Amish church, Fritz said.

Many Amish teenagers, like the group in the cornfield, experiment with popular culture then later return to the Amish lifestyle, Fritz said.

The Amish do not believe in modern conveniences such as electricity and automobiles. The incident occurred just north of Mount Hope, about 60 miles south of Cleveland.

more info

Hi LOS,

No, i thought i invented the word until you said to Google it, I'm so Zeppelin Obsessed that even i'm Plagiarizing now. :o:lol:

Regards, Danny

Oh. My. God.

That is funny in ways I'm not sure everyone understands... :hysterical::hysterical::hysterical:

Really though--I'd live for Rumspringa! (Too bad it only happens literally once in a lifetime...)

Wiki on Rumspringa

I saw some stupid campy American-Pie type movie that was about a road trip that has a few Rumspringa scenes, and it made me question a few things...the movie was so stupid and engorged with sex jokes that I cannot remember what the name was, or even who the actors were, other than maybe Seth Green...who knows. I saw it more than a year ago on Netflix.

Hi BIGDAN!

Here is a story of how Amish boys have fun on Saturday nights. It's so sad that this incident had to happen.

Driver Shoots and Kills Man After Amish Pranksters Throw Tomatoes at His Car

The Associated Press

Published: Sep 2, 2003

MOUNT HOPE, Ohio (AP) - A driver fired a shotgun into a cornfield and killed a man after being tormented by a group of young Amish pranksters who pelted his car with tomatoes, authorities said.

Steven L. Keim was with about 10 other members of the Amish community, ages 15 to 23, who were hiding in the field Monday night, throwing tomatoes and firing paintball guns at passing cars, the Holmes County Sheriff's office said.

After driving past the cornfield several times and being pelted on each occasion, the driver stopped and challenged the group to throw more tomatoes, then fired three to five shots into the field, striking Keim multiple times. No suspect had been arrested Tuesday.

Holmes County, a rural area that has what is believed to be the world's largest Amish population, sees its share of pranks by young Amish people every fall, Chief Deputy Nathan Fritz said.

"They'll steal their neighbor's buggy and put it on top of a building," Fritz said.

It was the county's first firearm-related homicide in about 30 years, Fritz said.

Although Keim was raised Amish, the self-employed roofing contractor had a driver's license and had left the Amish church, Fritz said.

Many Amish teenagers, like the group in the cornfield, experiment with popular culture then later return to the Amish lifestyle, Fritz said.

The Amish do not believe in modern conveniences such as electricity and automobiles. The incident occurred just north of Mount Hope, about 60 miles south of Cleveland.

more info

Hi Doc,

The Shootist with the Shotgun would have been better suited to City Life, I'm sure there are more worthy recipients of his Buckshot that a few Amish Pranksters, who should have known better. Would he have stopped in South Central LA and confronted a group of Bloods or Crypts throwing Rocks or worse? i think not, he is a bully and a coward and not an upstanding pillar of the community.

I hope that when the Shootist is found the Amish Community are allowed to deal with him justly, by Nailing him to a Cross and Burning Him Alive just as the Good Book Demands, but i know they wont do that because they are truly Christian, we should all take a Leaf out of their Book and behave as Jesus asked, you know it makes sense, Kushty. ;)

Retards, Brian Issac Goliath Daniel Abraham Nathaniel

Oh. My. God.

That is funny in ways I'm not sure everyone understands... :hysterical::hysterical::hysterical:

Really though--I'd live for Rumspringa! (Too bad it only happens literally once in a lifetime...)

Wiki on Rumspringa

I saw some stupid campy American-Pie type movie that was about a road trip that has a few Rumspringa scenes, and it made me question a few things...the movie was so stupid and engorged with sex jokes that I cannot remember what the name was, or even who the actors were, other than maybe Seth Green...who knows. I saw it more than a year ago on Netflix.

Hi 'manderlyh'

Boys will be Boys, right? :lol:

Kind Regards, Danny

Hi all,

Hi Kev,

You never let me down Bro, i need you to feed off of mate, but i did do a good job didn't i? you know y'all could do a whole lot worse than taking a leaf out of the "Amish Moral Codex" and living like God intended. And it would make you're Great Country of America even Greater and a much better place to live in for all of Gods creations, you know it makes sense, Kushty? ;)

This could be you're new National Anthem.

"I'm Amish till i dye, I'm Amish till i dye, i know i am, I'm sure i am, I'm Amish till i dye."

Brother Danny,

You know why I bust your chops? :blink:

Because I can and it's fun! :P

One can look into almost anything,and see a way to guide ones life.,...no?

Be thankful you wake up in the morning.

Smile more to those you love and those you don't know.

Everything else falls into place.

KB

Smile more to those you love and those you don't know ...

... and especially to those whom we should give more attention and appreciation, like "Uncle Louie"

of course, that is if you really want someone to "fix it for ya"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4hdrcDDqRHk

Yes, and that way it all can become less of a jungle, too! ;)

Brother Danny,

You know why I bust your chops? :blink:

Because I can and it's fun! :P

Smile more to those you love and those you don't know.

KB

Brother Kev, me ole mucker,

I totally agree with you but, and there's always a but, tell me if I'm right about how America would be such a much better place to live in if "The Way of the Amish" was adhered too, just like Your Founding Fathers had wanted Y'All to Live, that's what I'm trying to get answers to, where did it all go wrong? and how do we/you repair it? there has to be a better way to live and the Amish Way seems to me to be as near to it as anyone can get to a Utopian Land, then i would admit that the American Dream has come True, all this Consumerism and Capitalism is just a load of Bollocks which this world can do without.

http://www.channel4....arest-teenagers

I would rather have these guys in there thousands on my streets that have the shower of shite that is out there now, Kids, its time you came in, its way past your bedtime. :o

PS, "I'm Amish till i dye, I'm Amish till i dye, i know i am, I'm sure i am, I'm Amish till i dye." ;)

Hi all,

Brother Kev, me ole mucker,

I totally agree with you but, and there's always a but, tell me if I'm right about how America would be such a much better place to live in if "The Way of the Amish" was adhered too, just like Your Founding Fathers had wanted Y'All to Live, that's what I'm trying to get answers to, where did it all go wrong? and how do we/you repair it? there has to be a better way to live and the Amish Way seems to me to be as near to it as anyone can get to a Utopian Land, then i would admit that the American Dream has come True, all this Consumerism and Capitalism is just a load of Bollocks which this world can do without.

http://www.channel4....arest-teenagers

I would rather have these guys in there thousands on my streets that have the shower of shite that is out there now, Kids, its time you came in, its way past your bedtime. :o

Brother Danny,

I'm your gaffer,and don't ruin my taters! :P Shoot wrong thread,.. :wacko:

I can not tell anyone who to live,just myself,...

When someone wrongs me,I just nod,go on my way and know that it will come back to them.If I do the right thing and get nothing for it.It will come back.Not in the way one wishes but it will.

If I could own a ocean side farm,raise my own food,chop wood,I'd do it.Understand?We can do things,yet can we undo what has been done?

(That was an LOTR reference)!

'Consumerism and Capitalism' without that,we wouldn't be here right now,communicating, IMVHO.

Find peace in your life,just don't give up electricity!My letter writing is horrible! :wave: And how would the letter get there? :lol:

KB

Hi all,

Brother Danny,

I'm your gaffer,and don't ruin my taters! :P Shoot wrong thread,.. :wacko:

I can not tell anyone who to live,just myself,...

When someone wrongs me,I just nod,go on my way and know that it will come back to them.If I do the right thing and get nothing for it.It will come back.Not in the way one wishes but it will.

If I could own a ocean side farm,raise my own food,chop wood,I'd do it.Understand?We can do things,yet can we undo what has been done?

(That was an LOTR reference)!

'Consumerism and Capitalism' without that,we wouldn't be here right now,communicating, IMVHO.

Find peace in your life,just don't give up electricity!My letter writing is horrible! :wave: And how would the letter get there? :lol:

KB

Brother Kev,

Well said my dear friend but, and there's always a but, where did it all go wrong? you had such a good start before the Revolution then slid rapidly downhill, any ideas as too why? i need answers, do you have them? as far as my own peace of mind is concerned, only worry when i stop teasing. ;):lol:

Hi all,

Brother Kev,

Well said my dear friend but, and there's always a but, where did it all go wrong? you had such a good start before the Revolution then slid rapidly downhill, any ideas as too why? i need answers, do you have them? as far as my own peace of mind is concerned, only worry when i stop teasing. ;):lol:

Very Kind Regards, Danny

Brother Danny,different topic und thread,ja? :)

The tale of Jean Rich and her family,is something you should ask me off the forum,very few could stomach it.Parable there,mate.

I do have the answers,bit below my pay grade.

Ya,don't worry,ye here?Be here for ya.

KB :slapface:

Hi all,

Brother Danny,different topic und thread,ja? :)

The tale of Jean Rich and her family,is something you should ask me off the forum,very few could stomach it.Parable there,mate.

I do have the answers,bit below my pay grade.

Ya,don't worry,ye here?Be here for ya.

KB :slapface:

Hi Kev,

Please email me at your convieniance.

Is there anything you DONT like about the Amish?

Hi all,

Hi Kev,

Please email me at your convieniance.

Is there anything you DONT like about the Amish?

I will lad,...

Beards,......nice furniture though,... :P

Try phrasing it in English! :lol:

KB,night all,..

Hi BIGDAN!

Why don't you and the missus come to Ohio to Holmes County, home of the world's largest population of Amish people?

Holmes County

Ohio's Amish Country

button_1f.gif

No cars, electricity, no internet, no phones. Do you think you could handle it? I could not.

Why not, what exactly would you miss ... and why would you miss it?

What I miss are enjoyable conversations that last over 5 minutes without interruptions, and conversations centered on the"alive and present", not centered on something seen/heard on or produced by electronic devices/electrical appliances.

Although I like to watch those PBS shows where they 'go back in time' to live like the old ways, I just couldn't see living without a chainsaw, lawn mower and weed wacker. :D

These are all available in non-electrical versions, and goats would be delighted to help us with lawn mowing and weed wacking, if we'd invite them ... :rolleyes:

Hi 'Tejanablonde'

Regards, Danny

You do seem to have a point there BIGDAN. My condolences on your harrowing experiences. B)

Archived