Led Zeppelin Reunion Show Too Heavy For Robert Plant

Virginia

People just want their "Led Zeppelin" reunion, damn the feelings of the participants. Well, we finally got the long awaited reunion in 2002 and that's still not enough. They want to squeeze even more blood from the stone, at the same time continuing to lay blame at the feet of Robert Plant for not fulfilling their nostalgic needs.

This reminds me of a quote I read this quote recently from Gus Van Sant who directed a remake of 'Psycho':

When asked "Why in the hell would you want to do a shot-by-shot remake of Psycho in color?" He serenely replied "So no one else would have to."

You can't copy a film. If I hold a camera, it's different than if Irving Penn holds it. Even if it's in the same place, it will magically take on his character. Which was part of the experiment. Our 'Psycho' showed that you can't really appropriate. Or you can appropriate, but it's not going to be the same thing.

EDIT: Actually, nevermind about the rest of it. It's a waste of time and I'm over it now lol

35??!

Is it so wrong to want more? Its like Im some kind of criminal for wanting to see them again. But what say you abou the Rolling Stones and the Who? Certainly you cant say they were not good without the originals. I mean, Brian Jones, very replacable. Sorry. Moon, second best of all time in my book, but they were great in concert still without Moonie. I was at two of them. Toronto outdoors and Buffalo indoors. And Daltrey and Townsend were just great. The Stones were good in 1975 but during the Some Girls tour, walked off the stage early for a reason I still dont know to this day. Played about an hour and 45 minutes and robbed us fucking blind.

But you see, that is how you feel and that's fine. But you can't make that a statement of fact because I for one disagree and it's not a right or wrong here. Same with Zep - THEY chose not to continue as they were. THEY felt their sound was equally dependent on the combination of all four members and they lost one. It's over. The 02 reunion was an amazing finale to an amazing career they had as a band. I'm very happy for JPJ and RP continuing on with their own careers in the spirit that was Zep. I wish Jimmy would too.

As far as a reunion goes, I can't see any reason to discuss this further. It's not Zeppelin without John Bonham. I agree the 02 was a miraculous happening. It's a fantastic add on to the bands legacy. It was very respectful not only to Ahmet, but to John, and a wonderful dream come true for Jason. We as fans got a night to remember forever.

Who could ask for more? <~~~(OK I know who, but you know what I mean :D )

As far as a reunion goes, I can't see any reason to discuss this further. It's not Zeppelin without John Bonham. I agree the 02 was a miraculous happening. It's a fantastic add on to the bands legacy. It was very respectful not only to Ahmet, but to John, and a wonderful dream come true for Jason. We as fans got a night to remember forever.

Who could ask for more? <~~~(OK I know who, but you know what I mean :D )

No I dont know who. Its seems like you are one of those with the old lynch mob mentality if someone dares to go against your way of thinking. I say Page, Plant, JPJ and Jason should book a tour. How do you like those apples? If you dont like them, I really dont give a rats ass. I have bought their entire collection many times over, vinyl, 8 track, casette, CD and have seen them in concert both as Led Zeppelin and all on their own. So I am a true fan as much as any of you. What makes your way of thinking so right that you try and make fun of those like me that want to see Led zeppelin agaiin? I should have just let it go. But that is not my nature. Nor is it Jahfin or Electro's nature to just take it and leave it. Its too bad that musical discussions have to turn into "fights" or quarrels if you will. I doubt Jimmy or Robert would think much of it. But I dont think either of them would condemn me for wanting to see them together again. A terrible set of tragedies fell upon this band. It is very sad. First Robert's son, and then John Bonham. I wish it had never happened. Just imagine the material that would be out there on top of what we have now. But dont sit there and point your finger in my face for my opiinions. I have been a loyal fan of Led Zeppelin since 1969. I feel terrible about their personal loss's. We all have had loss's in our lives. Deaths in the family and so forth. And it will happen agaiin. I know its probably a done deal. But just maybe Jimmy can change Roberts mind. Who knows. You know. That guy Jimmy Page? Who does want the same thing I want. What about Jimmy? Yeah, right, I already know the answer. So this is the last time Ill bring this up. that is a promise. Unless there is some kind of earth shattering announcment. The footage that Sam posted yesterday gave me an added spark as I was at that very show on May 30th 1977. I do wish some of the younger fans could get to say they saw Zeppelin.

:goodpost:

And it's not necessary that I share Silver's position in this quarrel (as I have no opinion on whether they -the Zep boys- should do this or that). But I share his opinion about how everybody should be able to say anything he want (except personal insults, of course) and not to be put against the wall AS A PERSONA for a bloody opinion. And this goes both ways.

And it's not necessary that I share Silver's position in this quarrel (as I have no opinion on whether they -the Zep boys- should do this or that). But I share his opinion about how everybody should be able to say anything he want (except personal insults, of course) and not to be put against the wall AS A PERSONA for a bloody opinion. And this goes both ways.

And everybody can. The guy ended his post with a :D, fercrissakes, that's the friendliest lynch mob I ever saw! I think feelings are getting needlessly overheated here, maybe on both sides. IMHO.

Thanks. You are the first person to ever compliment me I believe. :lol: Now you are in trouble. they are going to come after you with pitch forks.

Who stole your jello at lunch today? :rolleyes: Dude, it's obvious you are a little quick to judge. I am the last person to tell ANYONE they are not entitled to an opinion. I may not agree, but never tell you not to voice your feelings. You picked the wrong guy to vent your frustrations out on. Not me brother.

As for Jimmy and what he wants... I do not pretend to speak for him. I do know that if he wanted to do something, he'd do it. On his terms. If it did not feel right...well, there you have it.

Last week in this same thread I went into the pit only I had the audacity to just say my opinion was that I wasn't into Robert's country vibe. Didn't try to sway anyone to my view just stated how I felt about his last couple projects.Boy did that get certain members in a tizzy. I then stated how when you try to have a differing opinion you are crucified I was told I had "gall" I had victim mentality and I had a woosh over my head because I didn't get it, even was accused of being another member. I also received some great pm's from other members thank you for your support who said they admired me standing up to the mob and how they had seen many good members run off by this mob or chased around threads and harassed seems a week has gone by different topic same thread same mob on attack as usual. To bad these people can't understand that they don't rule the forum threads or dictate general consensus opinions that everyone must comply so these mob members ridicule people in submission or just leaving the forum.Saddest thing is they think it's their right to behave that way and have no remorse in bullying and driving other members away.

If you have something that bothers you, address the person directly. I think we all (myself included) need to stop with the "mob" talk already. I got my shit jumped for opinion also, but I completely understand why, and gave my reasoning for my end. I can still respect those who have different opinions. Something we as a group are lacking. It's when someone like Billy comes along and makes personal comments because he cannot grasp someone being wrong on the internet (in his superior opinion). I don't like the way he went about giving his opinion, and told him directly. I did not think the guy needed to be banned for his asinine behavior, but that's not up to me. And so it goes.

If you have something that bothers you, address the person directly. I think we all (myself included) need to stop with the "mob" talk already. I got my shit jumped for opinion also, but I completely understand why, and gave my reasoning for my end. I can still respect those who have different opinions. Something we as a group are lacking. It's when someone like Billy comes along and makes personal comments because he cannot grasp someone being wrong on the internet (in his superior opinion). I don't like the way he went about giving his opinion, and told him directly. I did not think the guy needed to be banned for his asinine behavior, but that's not up to me. And so it goes.

I agree - there is no "mob" mentality and it's exhausting to hear certain people tout that mantra ad nauseum. There are people who feel one way and people who feel the other. In a discussion there are going to be opposing sides. No one that I've read has accused someone of not being entitled to their opinion. Where the issue gets into arguments is those who have stated they "owe" it to fans, Robert's being an ass for denying Jimmy and so on. OR - the attacks get personal, especially when it is former members who have been repeatedly banned coming back with an axe to grind. Simple disagreements don't seem to exist here anymore and it's not a mob causing that.

Robert experienced several tragedies during his time in Led Zeppelin. That could have something to do with his decision as well. In any case, he is a human being, who has made a decision, and we have to respect and accept that and move on.

I'd love to know who's in this mob. :blink: Seems like those who hold one opinion are saintly martyrs, those who hold another are evil bullies. And I have yet to read any support of Billy MacQ. What do you have to do to be in the good mob? (And does saying over and over again that you're being picked on and denied a voice actually make it so? Seems both views have been pretty extensively discussed, without anybody being told they don't have a right to be heard. Of course, that spoils the martyrdom a tad.)

(Oh, and just to clear up a point--the gall I referred to earlier had nothing to do with any opinions expressed about Robert Plant, but referred to lack of gratitude regarding the kindness of a fellow member, by which I don't mean myself. Nuff said.)

I personally would love to hear Paul and Ringo, I think Paul and anyone would be worth a listen. B)

Who's in the mob ?

Maybe this poster can shed some light, from another thread,

Deborah there's a small handful of people who seem to come back time after time depite being banned in all their differnt guises who have issues with anyone especially those who have the temerity to understand Robert Plants view on anything and can't resist having a pop and blame him for not reforming Zeppelin

These "trolls" target the same people each time, especially Knebby. You can taste their dislike in their posts at times.

They spout the same stuff just to goad people and most of the time it isn't worth anyone's time arguing with them.

We know who they are after only a couple of posts but the majority of people here won't understand the history of these people. One of them I used to call a friend but their behaviour in and outsdie the forum made me rethink that friendship.

Personally there is one still posting who I am convinced isn't the woman they claim to be, unless they have had gender realignment in a very quick time.

It's sad but as long as they continue to create new ID's it will continue.

As the saying goes " same shit different day"

We ?

A small handful ? The recent bannings are some old poster ? Are you sure ? I guess it doesn't matter, better "safe" than sorry ehh ?

So it's not just ledded1 and Knebby apparently, there are others ?

Who ?

If anyone here ever had it coming it was him. Are you kidding me? Calling people he didnt know nimrods and sheep? And Lyers? He got what he deserved. That was a no brainer. All he did was insult everybody and he went out of his way to use personal attacks. He called me a lyer and said I have never been to a concert and dont know how to play a guitar!! And he gets his info where? Just throwing out insults to get people riled up. Hope your reading this Mr Troll. I didnt bring him up, but since you did, you needed to see his posts to really understand the trouble making personality he has, So he should not have been banned for his asinine behavior you say? So they should have let him just go on and on and it would have escalated to a new level of trash talking? I have heard not one single person support him. He is not missed.

This thread has gotten so off topic it's pretty sad. :(

Indeed. You're right ninelives.

Led Zeppelin reunion show too heavy for Robert Plant.

My wish would be that JP, RP, JPJ and Jason, convene and explore new creative collaborations without a mega reunion show or arm twisting talks of a world tour looming. Let there be an opportunity for their creative juices to meld once again.

If it didn't get off the ground... fine. I would just welcome the attempt. No tour needed.

Just the possible rewards of the unexplored.

This thread has gotten so off topic it's pretty sad. :(

It was actuallly about a reunion that will not happen. Until a couple posts when someone decided to put their two cents in for a troll that did nothing but talk trash. Other than that, it was the usual arguing about a reunion. Business as usual. :D Dont worry, it will soon fade into the archives.

I do wish some of the younger fans could get to say they saw Zeppelin.

So is this the real issue, bragging rights?

Would I like to see them again?

Sure, but it aint gonna happen and that's the "heavy" reality we have to deal with and accept.

Archived