Led Zeppelin Reunion Show Too Heavy For Robert Plant

Virginia

Hi Bigdan

As you did not purchase a ticket for any of his shows, there is no valid contract upon which you can rely.

There must however be many thousands of people who have watched his rendition of Houses of the Holy on youtube.

Although Robert himself did not record or post the clips, there might still be a case for a Class Action against him for failing to prevent the filming of himself in the act of knowingly or recklessly performing in a manner likely to cause Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder.

I shall consult my weighty tomes forthwith on arrival at my Chambers tomorrow.

OR

Hi OR,

Then can i sue him on Jimmy behalf?

Count One. JP is Suing RP for Damages for Performing JPs Songs in a Genre that JP feels is not in keeping with the Mood in which they were Written. :o £100,000,000

Count Two. JP is Suing RP for Damages for not doing a Led Zeppelin Tour after the O2 Concert, He Said he would but now he says he wont. (This was spoken about while we were both urinating in adjacent urinals after the O2 Show) :blink: £Loadsamoney

Whaddya think Your Honour? :lol:

Regards, Danny

Hi OR,

Then can i sue him on Jimmy behalf?

Count One. JP is Suing RP for Damages for Performing JPs Songs in a Genre that JP feels is not in keeping with the Mood in which they were Written. :o £100,000,000

Count Two. JP is Suing RP for Damages for not doing a Led Zeppelin Tour after the O2 Concert, He Said he would but now he says he wont. (This was spoken about while we were both urinating in adjacent urinals after the O2 Show) :blink: £Loadsamoney

Whaddya think Your Honour? :lol:

Regards, Danny

Hi Bigdan

I cannot possibly provide a Barrister's Opinion until you have signed my Letter of Engagement, provided me with a copy of your passport, and bunged me five grand in used tenners in a grubby brown envelope.

Pm me if you're still interested.

OR

Hi Bigdan

I cannot possibly provide a Barrister's Opinion until you have signed my Letter of Engagement, provided me with a copy of your passport, and bunged me five grand in used tenners in a grubby brown envelope.

Pm me if you're still interested.

OR

Oi OR,

Don't try that one with Me, its "No Win No Fee" you Charlatan. :o

Regards, Danny

Well i think his tour would still be succesfull, even without those songs, his eighties tours were!! But yes, he did pick those songs partially because Zep played them, but mostly not to atract the audience, but because he likes them and i think he specifically picked Nobody's fault but mine, In my time of dying and Gallows pole, because they were originaly old blues-folk songs, that fit well in his current set.

There are just so many Zep hits he could have picked, if it would be just for attracting audiences! But besides the blues ones, he picked Misty mountain, Houses of the holy, Thank you and Rock and roll and yes Rock and roll is very well known, but that is just one big Zep hit in the entire set!!

I didn't say anything about playing them to attract an audience. I'm just saying your assertion that he's only doing 4 Zep songs is deceptive and flatly untrue. He is doing at least 8 songs that he sang with Led Zeppelin, period. Do you honestly think when he sings Gallows Pole people in the audience are going, "Oh great, I love that Leadbelly tune!"?

I didn't say anything about playing them to attract an audience. I'm just saying your assertion that he's only doing 4 Zep songs is deceptive and flatly untrue. He is doing at least 8 songs that he sang with Led Zeppelin, period. Do you honestly think when he sings Gallows Pole people in the audience are going, "Oh great, I love that Leadbelly tune!"?

Well if you don't think he is playing them to attract the audience, then what is the problem?? I think that could possibly be the only objection here, that someone who wants a reunion could actually throw at him and have a slight little bit of a case . You know, that he would not want to play with Zep, but still uses Zep songs to attract his audience, which i really don't think is true, because he still would with just solo songs.

People love the legendary Robert Plant and his entire musical carrer and there is enough of them, to fill his concerts. Some might come because of his Zep work, but not so much because he still plays Zep, some might come because of Now and Zen, some because of Fate of Nations and so on and so on.

People might not go, that's a Leadbelly song, when he plays Gallows pole, but they also can't excatly go, that's a Zep song, if you know what i'm saying, because it sounds so much different and because it basicaly isn't a zep song and they certainly recognise it from Zep III, but if they expect that version, they won't be satisfied. And many do know Leadbelly's version, because they started to listen to the blues, because of Zep.

And he also rearranges something like Rock and roll so much, it can't possibly be for someone, who doesn't like his new direction and i don't think all Plant fans like all his new directions. I don't like some of the stuff from the eighties and i don't listen much to the Krauss-Plant CD, but it's good. People should not just follow blindly, but i find it wondefull, how Plant is still a total explorer and adventurer!

Well if you don't think he is playing them to attract the audience, then what is the problem?

I never said I had a problem! He can sing whatever he wants, that's okay with me! I've seen every solo tour he's done since he and Jimmy split up in '99 and I'll see this one too if he comes to NY.

My only point of contention is with you saying some of these "old blues songs" are not really Zep songs and suggesting it's almost a coincidence that he's singing them now. He's singing them because he sang them in Zeppelin and he loves them. People in the audience recognize them as Zeppelin songs. What's wrong with that? What's your point?

All Robert said was that the o2 show was too heavy. We are now at seven plus pages analyzing his every word and what it could possibly mean. If he were to do a few more shows can you imagine the critiquing of his (and the bands) every move , note and what was played and what they should have played. No wonder the thought of doing more shows or a tour seems out of the question. Why cant we just be thankful for what the band has given us, what Robert and JPJ have recently given and fingers crossed what jimmy will give us. Just my two cents worth.

All Robert said was that the o2 show was too heavy. We are now at seven plus pages analyzing his every word and what it could possibly mean. If he were to do a few more shows can you imagine the critiquing of his (and the bands) every move , note and what was played and what they should have played. No wonder the thought of doing more shows or a tour seems out of the question. Why cant we just be thankful for what the band has given us, what Robert and JPJ have recently given and fingers crossed what jimmy will give us. Just my two cents worth.

:yesnod: :yesnod: :yesnod:

I never said I had a problem! He can sing whatever he wants, that's okay with me! I've seen every solo tour he's done since he and Jimmy split up in '99 and I'll see this one too if he comes to NY.

My only point of contention is with you saying some of these "old blues songs" are not really Zep songs and suggesting it's almost a coincidence that he's singing them now. He's singing them because he sang them in Zeppelin and he loves them. People in the audience recognize them as Zeppelin songs. What's wrong with that? What's your point?

It's not almost a coincidence he is singing them now and i als think it's not a coincidence that he choose exactly those songs.

Anyway, my point was related to me thinking, that you were telling me, that he choose those songs to attract his audience, because you were emphasising that he picked them, because they are songs Zep played. It just seemed to me, you were saying in an indirect way, he picked them

to pull in Zep fans, while you were just saying he picked them, because he played them in Zep and there is nothing wrong with that. But I still think

he picked those three songs, mainly because they are old blues songs!!

I think he would have just as large audience, if he would just play solo songs!

Hi T Y'All,

My take on the whole situation is this,

Robert Plant won't do a Led Zeppelin Reunion/Farewell Tour but feels he can continue with his Solo Career off the back of Led Zeppelins Music that He still plays, without his old buddies JP and JPJ, and Jason as well. That is a fact as he still plays plenty of Jimmy Songs.

If RPs Financial Empire crumbled this Weekend i think without a shadow of a doubt we would be hearing of a Led Zeppelin Reunion, either as a Tour an Album or a One Off Show by next week, but while RP is financially secure RP can do whatever He likes, he doesn't have to Share Musical Tastes with anyone and He can be His own Master, Nobody has any say over His Choices in his Solo career whereas in a Led Zeppelin Reunion He would only have a quarter say, and he is saying "No Quarter" share will do for me, "I want it all" (shut up you Freddie Muppet)

Regards, A Disgruntled LED ZEPPELIN FAN TILL I DIE AND BEYOND

PS. There are TWO types of Led Zeppelin Fan on this Forum, there are Fans like myself who Cherish what Led Zeppelin has given Me/Us Musically but have no False Love for Individual band members.

Then there are the Fans who while having a Greater or Lesser Love of Led Zeppelins Music bring in a Childish Love of the Individual Members that cloud their Musical Judgement in to believing that whatever those Individuals Churn out is both acceptable and good, where as a Pure Led Zeppelin Fan like My/Yourself is more Discerning and Critical of such Projects.

PPS, You can contact me at http://www.Amibovered.co.uk if you feel the need to agree with me, if not, well Amibovered? :lol:

It seems to me that if you really want Robert Plant to go back to Led Zeppelin, then Don't buy the album. If your a hard core fan (such as myself, I own every single LZ/RP/JP/JPJ/JB/JB item that was released in many cases multiple copies) just wait a year or two to pick it up.

If I were cynical, I could make a case that every time the Solo Robert Plant starts to fade he adds a fresh dose of Led Zeppelin to his career.

I think that if you look at Robert Plants solo career It has been a pretty successful one especially in terms of creative output. I'd rather listen to Robert Plant than say U2 or Def Leppard. But it pales in comparison to Led Zeppelin.

I saw Robert Plant in concert in 1990. It was awesome. I saw Page/Plant in concert once in 1995 and twice in 1998. It was even better. Then I saw JPJ in concert in 2000 and found what was missing from the puzzle.

I would like to see the three of them back together with their drummer of choice ( preferably Jason Bonham ). I would actually prefer it if they didn't call it Led Zeppelin to weed out all the posers. I don't even care if they play Led Zeppelin material. They can be a cover band for all I care. The fact is their is a synergy that when they get together nothing compares. The magic of Led Zeppelin is not in the songs although they are magical themselves. The magic is how well the four virtuoso performers get along together musically. Yes John Bonham is gone, and would be hard to replace him, but what remains is still magical. Jason Bonham might not be his dad, but then again his tenure With Led Zeppelin isn't even as long as the time John Bonham spent as a New Yardbird member.

How does Jason Bonham compare to the John Bonham of the fall of 1968. The more time he spends with the other three the more in tune they would become.

Forget all the Led Zeppelin hoopla. I don't want Led Zeppelin . I want the members of Led Zeppelin together. Who here doesn't agree that if you took Robert Plants new album and rerecorded with JPJ/JP/JB it would not be better. Look at "Calling to You" and "Shake My Tree".

The Bottom Line is don't be afraid grow some balls and get back together and see what happen for better or worse, and don't go handicapping the project. Drop the Led Zeppelin name if it bothers you, and let the music speak for itself.

Lots of ifs there Dan. Who knows what anyone would do for financial reasons. Would it make it right if his heart was not in it? I for one as a Zeppelin fan do not want Robert or any Zeppelin member to do a reunion tour for all the wrong reasons. It would be a nightmare, and ruin the bands reputation. Now who wants that?

It used to bother me that Robert sang Zep songs in his live shows...Now I realize, so what? They suck anyway, IMO. The bastardized/reworked versions are annoying yes.

Don't care, it's not Zeppelin so, If it makes him happy and puts a few more butts in the seats, more power to him.

Lots of ifs there Dan. Who knows what anyone would do for financial reasons. Would it make it right if his heart was not in it? I for one as a Zeppelin fan do not want Robert or any Zeppelin member to do a reunion tour for all the wrong reasons. It would be a nightmare, and ruin the bands reputation. Now who wants that?

It used to bother me that Robert sang Zep songs in his live shows...Now I realize, so what? They suck anyway, IMO. The bastardized/reworked versions are annoying yes.

Don't care, it's not Zeppelin so, If it makes him happy and puts a few more butts in the seats, more power to him.

Hi 'MrZoSo'

I cant disagree with you, i was just thinking out loud, and giving my insight to a very simple problem.

But IF you Love RP then He can do no Wrong, and IF you don't His New Music has to stand on its own two feet, in My Opinion it is a Cripple, i don't like Country or Western so why would i like it if RP decides to ruin some of Jimmy's songs? thanks for you're input though, but if RP wants to be a cantankerous old bugger then that's up to him, i don't wish him well though, as far as his Musical Direction goes that is. ;)

Regards, Danny

Edit to add, I only found 1 "IF" that doesn't amount to "Lots" does IT.

Hi T Y'All,

My take on the whole situation is this,

Robert Plant won't do a Led Zeppelin Reunion/Farewell Tour but feels he can continue with his Solo Career off the back of Led Zeppelins Music that He still plays, without his old buddies JP and JPJ, and Jason as well. That is a fact as he still plays plenty of Jimmy Songs.

If RPs Financial Empire crumbled this Weekend i think without a shadow of a doubt we would be hearing of a Led Zeppelin Reunion, either as a Tour an Album or a One Off Show by next week, but while RP is financially secure RP can do whatever He likes, he doesn't have to Share Musical Tastes with anyone and He can be His own Master, Nobody has any say over His Choices in his Solo career whereas in a Led Zeppelin Reunion He would only have a quarter say, and he is saying "No Quarter" share will do for me, "I want it all" (shut up you Freddie Muppet)

Regards, A Disgruntled LED ZEPPELIN FAN TILL I DIE AND BEYOND

PS. There are TWO types of Led Zeppelin Fan on this Forum, there are Fans like myself who Cherish what Led Zeppelin has given Me Musically but have no False Love for Individual band members.

Then there are the fans who while having a Greater or Lesser Love of Led Zeppelins Music bring in a Childish Love of the Individual Members that cloud their Musical Judgement in to believing that whatever those Individuals Churn out is both acceptable and good, where as a Pure Led Zeppelin Fan like Myself is more Discerning and Critical of such Projects.

PPS, You can contact me at http://www.Amibovered.co.uk if you feel the need to agree with me, if not, well Amibovered? :lol:

What a crock of bollocks. The real shame here is you actually believe all this garbage. How sad. Almost as sad as the fact that you find yourself amusing. That's beyond sad. It's tragic.

"Jimmy songs"? Please. Any Zep song Robert is currently playing is just as much his as it is Jimmy's. He either co-wrote them with Jimmy, or worked on the new arrangement of them with Jimmy. His contributions were crucial.

Shame on Percy for living his own life and by his own rules. How dare he deny "pure fans" like you a reunion tour? Such impudence! I mean, how can he do that? He owes you all SO much! (And for those of you who spend days pondering over the use of the word "heavy," that was called sarcasm, folks).

The irony here is you don't even like Led Zeppelin. You don't understand their music, you don't appreciate it, you don't have the first clue as to what makes it stand out from the rest. You are utterly and completely clueless. The whole thing goes way, way, way over your head. More tragedy. You're completely blinded by your man crush on Jimmy Page. It's perfectly, fine, mate, embrace your feelings. Just be honest about them. You'll feel much better about the whole thing and less bitter. Much better, less bitter. And we're all open minded here so no reason to feel apprehensive about sharing your true feelings. Please share them with us. Please.

Love,

Billy

Boy, there's a lot of spoiled, entitled fans out there. Thank God Robert doesn't listen to any of them and instead, chooses to do what he wants, when he wants, with whom he wants.

The songs Led Zeppelin did are as much Robert's as they are Jimmy's or JPJ's. Any one of them can do as many of those songs as they like or as few of those songs as they like, along with anything else they want to do, and that's their prerogative. Not yours, not mine, not anyone else's. The idea that if Robert doesn't get back together with the other guys or if they don't do anything, suddenly it means he has no balls, is ludicrous. It's beyond ludicrous, actually.

Seriously, people. Let. It. Go. They've moved on. That's their right. They've given us all decades of great music and if you got to see them live, great concert memories. They owe us nothing but we owe them the ability to do what they want musically without feeling like if they don't do something again as Led Zeppelin, the world will stop turning on its axis.

Why? Those are as much his songs as they are anyone else's in the group. He was in Led Zeppelin, he's entitled to do their songs in a solo capacity if he wants to. Why would someone doing something their entitled to do bother you? That sounds so completely silly to me.

I don't hear PF fans bitching about David Gilmour or Roger Waters doing Floyd songs during their solo shows. Those are their songs, they can do them or not do them if they choose -- the fans win out if they get to hear them and frankly, it would be strange for either of to go on stage for a live show and NOT do music they've been attached to for close to 30 or 40 years. I mean, think about it. Do Beatles fans get pissed off when Paul McCartney does some of their songs during his shows?

Good grief. <_<

Boy, there's a lot of spoiled, entitled fans out there. Thank God Robert doesn't listen to any of them and instead, chooses to do what he wants, when he wants, with whom he wants.

The songs Led Zeppelin did are as much Robert's as they are Jimmy's or JPJ's. Any one of them can do as many of those songs as they like or as few of those songs as they like, along with anything else they want to do, and that's their prerogative. Not yours, not mine, not anyone else's. The idea that if Robert doesn't get back together with the other guys or if they don't do anything, suddenly it means he has no balls, is ludicrous. It's beyond ludicrous, actually.

Seriously, people. Let. It. Go. They've moved on. That's their right. They've given us all decades of great music and if you got to see them live, great concert memories. They owe us nothing but we owe them the ability to do what they want musically without feeling like if they don't do something again as Led Zeppelin, the world will stop turning on its axis.

Hi 'Electrophile'

I agree with a lot of what you say but don't I have the Right to say that i "Don't Like" what RP has done just as much as some one who does like it? that's all.

Regards, Danny

What a crock of bollocks. The real shame here is you actually believe all this garbage. How sad. Almost as sad as the fact that you find yourself amusing. That's beyond sad. It's tragic.

"Jimmy songs"? Please. Any Zep song Robert is currently playing is just as much his as it is Jimmy's. He either co-wrote them with Jimmy, or worked on the new arrangement of them with Jimmy. His contributions were crucial.

Shame on Percy for living his own life and by his own rules. How dare he deny "pure fans" like you a reunion tour? Such impudence! I mean, how can he do that? He owes you all SO much! (And for those of you who spend days pondering over the use of the word "heavy," that was called sarcasm, folks).

The irony here is you don't even like Led Zeppelin. You don't understand their music, you don't appreciate it, you don't have the first clue as to what makes it stand out from the rest. You are utterly and completely clueless. The whole thing goes way, way, way over your head. More tragedy. You're completely blinded by your man crush on Jimmy Page. It's perfectly, fine, mate, embrace your feelings. Just be honest about them. You'll feel much better about the whole thing and less bitter. Much better, less bitter. And we're all open minded here so no reason to feel apprehensive about sharing your true feelings. Please share them with us. Please.

Love,

Billy

I like Robert. IMO he saved Zeppelin on more than one occasion from making what would have been in my opinion a very bad choice in reuniting. Musical taste is subjective. I don't like the reworked versions of Led Zeppelin's music. Even IF they are done by Robert.

Dan,

The other "Ifs" that were not physically worded, but presented in theory. Sometimes you have to look a bit deeper.

PS. There are TWO types of Led Zeppelin Fan on this Forum, there are Fans like myself who Cherish what Led Zeppelin has given Me/Us Musically but have no False Love for Individual band members.

Then there are the Fans who while having a Greater or Lesser Love of Led Zeppelins Music bring in a Childish Love of the Individual Members that cloud their Musical Judgement in to believing that whatever those Individuals Churn out is both acceptable and good, where as a Pure Led Zeppelin Fan like My/Yourself is more Discerning and Critical of such Projects.

That is the biggest crock of bull. I am no less a Zep fan because I support what Robert has done on his own. That I respect the fact he and John Paul aren't resting on their laurels. There is a healthy love and respect for Zep but they are interested in exploring other things. Why would anyone, famous or not want to stay in the past?

This whole thread is really depressing. No one knocks the fact Page isn't out there doing anything but promising an album. John Paul has a new band and on one knocks him but Robert is living his life and doing what he wants and oh my, people like it, that's a crime.

Hi 'Electrophile'

I agree with a lot of what you say but don't I have the Right to say that i "Don't Like" what RP has done just as much as some one who does like it? that's all.

Regards, Danny

You can like or not like whatever you want. There's a difference between saying you don't like that he's doing it and saying he shouldn't do it. As I said, those songs are as much his as they are Jimmy's. They're part of his canon as much as they part of Led Zeppelin's canon. Frankly, it would be strange to see Robert Plant live and not hear at least one Led Zeppelin song. It's part of who he is. That doesn't mean however, that because Led Zeppelin hasn't reformed or done anything else musically, he hates them or is trying to otherwise profit off them or whatever else has been thrown around in this thread so far.

Archived