Led Zeppelin Reunion Show Too Heavy For Robert Plant

Virginia

Hi 'Electrophile'

I agree with a lot of what you say but don't I have the Right to say that i "Don't Like" what RP has done just as much as some one who does like it? that's all.

Regards, Danny

No, that's not all. The reason you get so much stick isn't because you don't like Robert's solo work, it's because of your ludicrous "pure led zep fan" and "jimmy's songs" comments. That and your erratic use of caps and lower case. But it's all good. We get it, you love Jimmy. Your undying devotion to and passion for the man is admirable, really. A tad unsightly for a man your age, but all the same - live and let live, says I.

Love,

Billy

Because, That's why! Why do you care wtf I like or don't? BTW, I said USED TO! Were you there in 85 when I attended Roberts concerts and when he broke into In the Evening and the entire place went crazy? No, you were not, so let me fill you in on how I felt...It sucked ass for me...No Jimmy, no JPJ, No John Bonham, I was sad. It did not feel right to me. That why. Good grief some people actually have reasons, other than what you, and others believe to be Robert Plant bashing.

Why? Those are as much his songs as they are anyone else's in the group. He was in Led Zeppelin, he's entitled to do their songs in a solo capacity if he wants to. Why would someone doing something their entitled to do bother you? That sounds so completely silly to me.

I don't hear PF fans bitching about David Gilmour or Roger Waters doing Floyd songs during their solo shows. Those are their songs, they can do them or not do them if they choose -- the fans win out if they get to hear them and frankly, it would be strange for either of to go on stage for a live show and NOT do music they've been attached to for close to 30 or 40 years. I mean, think about it. Do Beatles fans get pissed off when Paul McCartney does some of their songs during his shows?

Good grief. <_<

Because, That's why! Why do you care wtf I like or don't? BTW, I said USED TO! Were you there in 85 when I attended Roberts concerts and when he broke into In the Evening and the entire place went crazy? No, you were not, so let me fill you in on how I felt...It sucked ass for me...No Jimmy, no JPJ, No John Bonham, I was sad. It did not feel right to me. That why. Good grief some people actually have reasons, other than what you, and others believe to be Robert Plant bashing.

So the entire place went nuts, and you little Mary Mary Quite Contrary sat there with your arms crossed and a sucking lemons disapproving look on your face? Tut tut. What if your reasons suck? What if they show you're narrow minded and unwilling to try anything new? Or give something different a chance? Man, oh man, I can't imagine what it was like in your house the day mommy came home with Pepsi instead of Coke. You must have thrown some hissy fit.

Love,

Billy

Were you there in 85 when I attended Roberts concerts and when he broke into In the Evening and the entire place went crazy? No, you were not,

That's because I was three years old at the time and was more interested in Sesame Street than rock and roll. What does that have to do a damn thing anyway?

So the entire place went nuts, and you little Mary Mary Quite Contrary sat there with your arms crossed and a sucking lemons disapproving look on your face? Tut tut. What if your reasons suck? What if they show you're narrow minded and unwilling to try anything new? Or give something different a chance? Man, oh man, I can't imagine what it was like in your house the day mommy came home with Pepsi instead of Coke. You must have thrown some hissy fit.

Love,

Billy

I said it used to bother me. I was, at the time in a different place. Listen Billy, If you like to see what a "Mary Mary" I am I would be more than willing to meet you on let say Flatbush Ave, and we can go have a hotdog or something, and then we can "talk" face to face about our "feelings". Or you can continue to act the tough guy behind your computer screen.

That's because I was three years old at the time and was more interested in Sesame Street than rock and roll. What does that have to do a damn thing anyway?

Other than you being unable to comprehend my explanation of why I didn't like Robert playing Zeppelin songs in his solo concert, nothing.

The irony here is you don't even like Led Zeppelin. You don't understand their music, you don't appreciate it, you don't have the first clue as to what makes it stand out from the rest. You are utterly and completely clueless. The whole thing goes way, way, way over your head. More tragedy. You're completely blinded by your man crush on Jimmy Page. It's perfectly, fine, mate, embrace your feelings. Just be honest about them. You'll feel much better about the whole thing and less bitter. Much better, less bitter. And we're all open minded here so no reason to feel apprehensive about sharing your true feelings. Please share them with us. Please.

I know this wasn't directed to me, but how can you tell that? Were you in BigDan's mind? You just put a label on someone's real persona (you were doing "psychoanalysis" on him, not analysis on his posts) without knowing that persona. I hate this kind of things :angry:

I said it used to bother me. I was, at the time in a different place. Listen Billy, If you like to see what a "Mary Mary" I am I would be more than willing to meet you on let say Flatbush Ave, and we can go have a hotdog or something, and then we can "talk" face to face about our "feelings". Or you can continue to act the tough guy behind your computer screen.

Who's the one making the tough guy threats, tough guy? I would love to know where to get a good hotdog on Flatbush Avenue, though. Do tell. Jamaican meat and chicken patties, yes. Hotdogs? I don't think so. And I'll never go to Texas any more...

Ok, so you've been through this enlightenment and let go of all grudges, what space are you in now?

Love,

Billy

What a crock of bollocks. The real shame here is you actually believe all this garbage. How sad. Almost as sad as the fact that you find yourself amusing. That's beyond sad. It's tragic.

"Jimmy songs"? Please. Any Zep song Robert is currently playing is just as much his as it is Jimmy's. He either co-wrote them with Jimmy, or worked on the new arrangement of them with Jimmy. His contributions were crucial.

Shame on Percy for living his own life and by his own rules. How dare he deny "pure fans" like you a reunion tour? Such impudence! I mean, how can he do that? He owes you all SO much! (And for those of you who spend days pondering over the use of the word "heavy," that was called sarcasm, folks).

The irony here is you don't even like Led Zeppelin. You don't understand their music, you don't appreciate it, you don't have the first clue as to what makes it stand out from the rest. You are utterly and completely clueless. The whole thing goes way, way, way over your head. More tragedy. You're completely blinded by your man crush on Jimmy Page. It's perfectly, fine, mate, embrace your feelings. Just be honest about them. You'll feel much better about the whole thing and less bitter. Much better, less bitter. And we're all open minded here so no reason to feel apprehensive about sharing your true feelings. Please share them with us. Please.

Love,

Billy

Enough of the deny us a reunion tour crap ! That line is as old as the hills and get's thrown around here all too often. The simple fact is, some of people just don't like what RP is doing at the moment . Why in gods name is it a crime to say so ?

Hi T Y'All,

My take on the whole situation is this,

Robert Plant won't do a Led Zeppelin Reunion/Farewell Tour but feels he can continue with his Solo Career off the back of Led Zeppelins Music that He still plays, without his old buddies JP and JPJ, and Jason as well. That is a fact as he still plays plenty of Jimmy Songs.

If RPs Financial Empire crumbled this Weekend i think without a shadow of a doubt we would be hearing of a Led Zeppelin Reunion, either as a Tour an Album or a One Off Show by next week, but while RP is financially secure RP can do whatever He likes, he doesn't have to Share Musical Tastes with anyone and He can be His own Master, Nobody has any say over His Choices in his Solo career whereas in a Led Zeppelin Reunion He would only have a quarter say, and he is saying "No Quarter" share will do for me, "I want it all" (shut up you Freddie Muppet)

Regards, A Disgruntled LED ZEPPELIN FAN TILL I DIE AND BEYOND

PS. There are TWO types of Led Zeppelin Fan on this Forum, there are Fans like myself who Cherish what Led Zeppelin has given Me/Us Musically but have no False Love for Individual band members.

Then there are the Fans who while having a Greater or Lesser Love of Led Zeppelins Music bring in a Childish Love of the Individual Members that cloud their Musical Judgement in to believing that whatever those Individuals Churn out is both acceptable and good, where as a Pure Led Zeppelin Fan like My/Yourself is more Discerning and Critical of such Projects.

PPS, You can contact me at http://www.Amibovered.co.uk if you feel the need to agree with me, if not, well Amibovered? :lol:

His ''financial empire'' won't just crumble and he knows that! You are just desperately trying to make up new ideas and arguments, to prove that Robert should go on a ''Zep'' tour and your arguments and statements are getting worse and worse, why don't you just admit, that you DEMAND a tour from Robert and that you want to control his life, so that you could make him do the reunion tour and that you think, he has no right to have a free will!!

And i just happen to have enough time these days, to argue with people who just don't get it, but it's getting more and more pointless and i don't feel like doing this anymore!!

And why would people who besides Zep also love member's solo carrers and defend their choices, why would they love the solo music and it's creators with some sort of false love!!?? Loving solo member's music and respecting their choices is a perfectly honest thing and it's perfectly posibble to love Zep's music and love (all) solo projects aswell !!

And why wouldn't someone be a pure fan anymore, just because he loves the solo projects. And it's not childish love, it's true admiration and enjoyment of Robert's and others solo projects. And truly loving Zep, which has so much variety, can actually make you more open for Robert's and others solo projects and so it's just ridicioulus, that if you love the solo projects, you are no longer a true Zep fan and vice versa-if you love Zep you must be critical to the solo projects. It's all good music, but it's a matter of taste what you will like more. But loving Zep in a true way, does not automatically make you

more criticall to solo projects, it might be even the exact opposite and Zep fans who love solo work are still true zep fans!!!

There are even true Zep fans, who don't love all the Zep stuff, but love ALL the solo stuff and folks who dislikes some of Zep and some of solo stuff and fans who like all Zep and all solo stuff and so on and so on,...

And infact I'm shure, most solo fans don't like everything Robert or others ever recorded!!

And DAN your use of capital letters is extremely original! More original then anything Plant has ever done in his solo carrer!! I guess he should really go back to Zep!! But it's back to primary school for you!! And when you tell jokes in the class, check out, if anybody is actually laughing.

That is the biggest crock of bull. I am no less a Zep fan because I support what Robert has done on his own. That I respect the fact he and John Paul aren't resting on their laurels. There is a healthy love and respect for Zep but they are interested in exploring other things. Why would anyone, famous or not want to stay in the past?

This whole thread is really depressing. No one knocks the fact Page isn't out there doing anything but promising an album. John Paul has a new band and on one knocks him but Robert is living his life and doing what he wants and oh my, people like it, that's a crime.

I think Robert takes more abuse than JPJ in some circles because:

A- JPJ is willing to reuinite the band and Robert is not, and...

B- JPJ formed a new band and didn't play a note of Zeppelin in a year of touring. Robert talks a lot about moving on and new horizons but still leans heavily on Zeppelin songs in his setlist.

So there's a perceived hypocrisy there. Not that it bothers me.

B- JPJ formed a new band and didn't play a note of Zeppelin in a year of touring. Robert talks a lot about moving on and new horizons but still leans heavily on Zeppelin songs in his setlist.

Excellent post !

BillyMacQ and his co-stiflers of Free Speech don't have to read this stuff if they don't like it.

Since they clearly have nothing to contribute to the discussion apart from negativitiy, threats and sarcasm - quite rich in the case of one particular poster, who wasn't even born when Zep split - why don't they stick to the Kiddies' Section, and tell each other what they've been listening to? Like anyone gives a toss?

And hey: BillyMacQ, Billy, oh Billy MacQ, you're STILL a Sad-Sack :D And don't keep churning out your line about 'Oh, you don't understand ANYTHING about Zep' whenever somebody says something you disagree with. It's OLD HAT, it makes you sound thoroughly puerile, and hey Billy, a word to the wise: there really isn't THAT much to understand about Zep. They were a blues-rock band with folksy leanings, and an occasional tendency towards pomp and cod-mysticism. And they were very good at all of those things, and made lots of money. There you have it. So get over yourself. Dude.

What a bunch of crap. He does six Zep songs out of 20 in his set, all of which are vastly different from the original versions. "Leans heavily." What is that, the new math?

And JPJ didn't form anything. Dave Grohl formed a band and invited JPJ to join. Them Crooked Vultures made a conscious decision not to do *any* of their former groups' songs. No Led Zep, no Nirvana, no Foo Fighters, no Queens of the Stone Age.

Totally invalid points. No wonder it leads to misguided perceptions.

Love,

Billy

BillyMacQ and his co-stiflers of Free Speech don't have to read this stuff if they don't like it.

Since they clearly have nothing to contribute to the discussion apart from negativitiy, threats and sarcasm - quite rich in the case of one particular poster, who wasn't even born when Zep split - why don't they stick to the Kiddies' Section, and tell each other what they've been listening to? Like anyone gives a toss?

And hey: BillyMacQ, Billy, oh Billy MacQ, you're STILL a Sad-Sack :D And don't keep churning out your line about 'Oh, you don't understand ANYTHING about Zep' whenever somebody says something you disagree with. It's OLD HAT, it makes you sound thoroughly puerile, and hey Billy, a word to the wise: there really isn't THAT much to understand about Zep. They were a blues-rock band with folksy leanings, and an occasional tendency towards pomp and cod-mysticism. And they were very good at all of those things, and made lots of money. There you have it. So get over yourself. Dude.

Back again, old friend? How many aliases do you have?

Love,

Billy

What a bunch of crap. He does six Zep songs out of 20 in his set, all of which are vastly different from the original versions. "Leans heavily." What is that, the new math?

And JPJ didn't form anything. Dave Grohl formed a band and invited JPJ to join. Them Crooked Vultures made a conscious decision not to do *any* of their former groups' songs. No Led Zep, no Nirvana, no Foo Fighters, no Queens of the Stone Age.

Totally invalid points. No wonder it leads to misguided perceptions.

Love,

Billy

Misguided perceptions of what ? Your constant belittling of posters is the only thing misguided.

Love,

Billy

Excuse me, but Pepsi is better than Coke.

That is a fact. It is a fact because I say it is a fact.

Anyone who thinks differently than I do is obviously

• wrong
  • has no taste buds
  • is bitter about Coke's popularity over Pepsi in some places
  • some of the above
  • all of the above

The important thing to remember is that I am right and anyone who disagrees with me is, obviously, wrong.

*disclaimer- this is a general statement, not directed specifically at BillyMacQ, altho I quoted his post to make my point... and of course, because Pepsi IS better than Coke.*

• wrong
  • has no taste buds
  • some of the above
  • all of the above

The important thing to remember is that I am right and anyone who disagrees with me is, obviously, wrong.

*disclaimer- this is a general statement, not directed specifically at BillyMacQ, altho I quoted his post to make my point... and of course, because Pepsi IS better than Coke.*

Are you this boring in real life or do you save your best stuff for the Internet?

Love,

Billy

What a crock of bollocks. The real shame here is you actually believe all this garbage. How sad. Almost as sad as the fact that you find yourself amusing. That's beyond sad. It's tragic.

Hi Billy Love you too, :kiss:

Seems i hit a nerve with you uh? it happens, ah.

"What a crock of bollocks" well the Truth does bring such statements out in people that have a RP agenda, but not me uh?

"Jimmy songs"? Please. Any Zep song Robert is currently playing is just as much his as it is Jimmy's. He either co-wrote them with Jimmy, or worked on the new arrangement of them with Jimmy. His contributions were crucial.

The thing you didn't get about the "Jimmy songs"? that i mentioned is that i was referring to the Musical Content of the way RP has Rearranged them, not the Lyrics, they are his babies, he screwed up the Musical Content of those Songs in my opinion, and that all, is it OK to have an opinion that differs from yours or do i give you a Sieg Heil?

Shame on Percy for living his own life and by his own rules. How dare he deny "pure fans" like you a reunion tour? Such impudence! I mean, how can he do that? He owes you all SO much! (And for those of you who spend days pondering over the use of the word "heavy," that was called sarcasm, folks).

Not at all, i want nothing from RP than to be honest, and that's a thing he has a lot of trouble with, i own everything he has done in his Solo Career with the exception of his time with Alison and this New Band of Joy, so i am some what of a Fan i would say, wouldn't you?

Now come on Billy Boy, i don't need to answer this Garbage do i? you're IQ is lower than your hat size which i would believe to be about 7 and 3/8s, now run along and Troll where somebody gives a shit, for i do not. :yay:

Regards, Danny

PS, My bet is that it will be the Mods that will be having a word with you next, any takers? :lol:

Oh dear, I'm really sorry I posted this article now :( Really, I thought it might bring others a sense of understanding closure as it did for me (well, I already had closure on the subject, and even understanding, but I felt much more empathy for Robert afterwards).

Oh dear, I'm really sorry I posted this article now :( Really, I thought it might bring others a sense of understanding closure as it did for me (well, I already had closure on the subject, and even understanding, but I felt much more empathy for Robert afterwards).

You have nothing to apologise for Virginia.

• wrong
  • has no taste buds
  • some of the above
  • all of the above

Diet Coke is better than all carbonated pop beverages with the exception of cold A&W root beer from a bottle. You clearly know nothing, you ridiculous doo-doo head who drinks sub-standard swill.*

*necessary because someone out there will think I'm serious about that last bit.

Don't be :)

This kind of threads are the salt and pepper of the board (minus the personal insults).

I like Robert. IMO he saved Zeppelin on more than one occasion from making what would have been in my opinion a very bad choice in reuniting. Musical taste is subjective. I don't like the reworked versions of Led Zeppelin's music. Even IF they are done by Robert.

Dan,

The other "Ifs" that were not physically worded, but presented in theory. Sometimes you have to look a bit deeper.

No I Dont. :o

Regards, Danny

Archived