The Black Sabbath Thread

manderlyh

"I was full of cocaine. That stuff makes you talk the biggest load of horse crap. There shouldn't be a problem in the world, 'cause we solved them all in the bathroom of a hotel with a bag of that white powder." - Ozzy Osbourne

For the 40th anniversary of Black Sabbath's "vol 4" 'In The Studio" presents "The Story Behind Vol 4" featuring Ozzy Osbourne.

http://www.inthestud...-anniversary-2/

Edited by luvlz2

• 2 weeks later...

From Blabbermouth

Legendary heavy metal band BLACK SABBATH has set "13" as the title of its new album. The group's first LP with Ozzy Osbourne since 1978 will be released in June via Vertigo/Universal Republic in the U.S. andVertigo in all other territories. The drum tracks on the CD were laid down by RAGE AGAINST THE MACHINE sticksman Brad Wilk following original drummer Bill Ward's decision to bow out of the reunion.

Osbourne, Tony Iommi (guitar) and Geezer Butler (bass) recorded the album primarily in Los Angeles with producer Rick Rubin.

In advance of the CD's release, BLACK SABBATH will head to New Zealand, Australia and Japan for live performances. Additional tour plans will be revealed in the coming months.

Ward in May 2012 announced again that he was declining to join his former bandmates for its scheduled 2012 dates, as well as the recording of a new album, due to a contractual dispute.

He also allegedly had his lawyers direct SABBATH to remove him from photos of the band posted at the official BLACK SABBATH web site "so as to not give the public the wrong impression about his involvement in the current BLACK SABBATH lineup," according to a statement issued by the band's publicist.

Butler issued a lengthy retort at his own web site, writing that Ward"hadn't told any one of us he was having contractual problems, and frankly those things are worked out between our representatives, and never between the four of us, let alone in public."

Until now, Iommi told The Pulse Of Radio a while back that the members of SABBATH stayed friendly even when there were legal or other issues going on. "We've always been talking. We've always been in touch with each other," he said. "There might be a lawsuit in the thing between us, but we still talk to each other like nothing's happened, you know."

Asked if there is any chance of Ward rejoining the band, Iommi said last October, "We'll always have a heart for Bill, but I think it's gone past that now, because it's gone on so long that I don't see that happening at the moment. Maybe at some point we might [play together again]."

BLACK SABBATH took part in a photo shoot on November 30, 2012 with famed British photographer/artist Sam Taylor-Wood.

It’s a shame that Bill Ward is not part of this. I’m sure the dude from Rage is a good Drummer , but he’s no Bill Ward. The nuance and swing of Bills groove is such an important part of Sabbath, without it, it’s just another chapter in the long novel of Black Sabbath post the original line up.

• 1 month later...

Brian May wants to make a "riffs album" with Tony Iommi

The Queen guitarist and Black Sabbath’s co founder are great friends, and Brian’s has informed the latest edition of Kerrang magazine that the pair have been planning to record the album for a while.

Brian says he’s amazed at how much unused material Tony has in his studio and that the idea is to put out an album of Tony’s riffs so listeners could build their own songs around them.

http://www.planetrock.com/news/rock-news/making-riffs/

• 2 weeks later...

Classic Rock Magazine has online poll for their favourite Ozzy led Black Sabbath album . here's the result up to now , I voted for Sabotage

What's your favourite Black Sabbath studio album (with Ozzy on vocals)?

• Paranoid (27%, 7,079 Votes)
  • Never Say Die! (27%, 6,926 Votes)
  • Master Of Reality (9%, 2,222 Votes)
  • Sabbath Bloody Sabbath (8%, 2,168 Votes)
  • Vol. 4 (7%, 1,879 Votes)
  • Black Sabbath (7%, 1,875 Votes)
  • Sabotage (7%, 1,869 Votes)
  • Technical Ecstasy (8%, 1,862 Votes)
Total Voters: 25,899

http://www.classicrockmagazine.com/features/status-quo-classic-album-selection-win-3-copies/

Classic Rock Magazine has online poll for their favourite Ozzy led Black Sabbath album . here's the result up to now , I voted for Sabotage

What's your favourite Black Sabbath studio album (with Ozzy on vocals)?

• Paranoid (27%, 7,079 Votes)
  • Never Say Die! (27%, 6,926 Votes)
  • Master Of Reality (9%, 2,222 Votes)
  • Sabbath Bloody Sabbath (8%, 2,168 Votes)
  • Vol. 4 (7%, 1,879 Votes)
  • Black Sabbath (7%, 1,875 Votes)
  • Sabotage (7%, 1,869 Votes)
  • Technical Ecstasy (8%, 1,862 Votes)
Total Voters: 25,899

http://www.classicrockmagazine.com/features/status-quo-classic-album-selection-win-3-copies/

Wow I cant believe never say die got that much votes.

Man...I LOVE Black Sabbath. Strictly Ozzy years though. I mean, that IS Black Sabbath. First 3 albums are my favourites. Hoping to catch them on this supposed North American tour this summer. Hope they come near Atlanta!

Glad to see Black Sabbath getting out there. I hope Tony is doing good with his cancer treatment. I just can't get over my sinking feeling that this album will be a bit disappointing, with the lack of Wards drums and the hype of a new ozzy album roughly 25 years later, that's 1/4 of a century, damn.

Black Sabbath To Premier New Song On CSI

Black Sabbath have announced that they are to premiere a track from their forthcoming record, 13, on the season finale of CSI: Crime Scene Investigation. The band will appear in a scene that sees Conrad Ecklie (Marc Vann) and D.B. Russell (Ted Danson) go to a Black Sabbath show as they investigate a series of murders that mirror the sins in Dante's Inferno.

"When we first heard that Black Sabbath was interested in premiering a song on 'CSI' from their first studio album in 35 years, we were all really excited. So many of us are longtime fans," explains CSI's Executive Producer, Don McGill. "And seeing as the album is titled '13′ and this is the finale of 'CSI''s Season 13, it seemed like the perfect match. We couldn't be more thrilled."

The episode with air in America on May 15. Black Sabbath's 13 is set for release on June 11.

http://www.kerrang.com/blog/2013/04/black_sabbath_to_premier_new_s.html