The Black Sabbath Thread

manderlyh

Suprised I couldn't smell any weed for the first time at a Black Sabbath concert this past Friday. Instead I saw lots of kids with their parents, The guy standing next to me mistaked the mic hanging out of my pocket for a cigarette or something, and called a venue attendant. I only seen the light of a flashlight hit me really briefly, and shortly after the guy next to me apologized, saying "Sorry, I thought you were smoking" A far cry from the big reefer clouds usually at Sabbath shows. God is Dead sounded incredible. Ozzy was very at home with the audience and Tony was pulling out great guitar. Tommy Clufetos was great, a great concert.

http://youtu.be/9c7ToUGi_88

You can hear me blurt something out at exactly 5:58, the crowd was quiet and I yelled out "yeah".

Edited by luvlz2

Glad to hear you had a great time brother, there was plenty of refer being smoked at the New Jersey concert, smelled it all around me. Ozzy was spectacular, as was Iommi and Geezer, as well as Tommy, despite him getting a lot of flack over at the Sabbath forum, I think Tommy did awesome job. Ozzy sang the new song very well, Age Of Reason, End Of The Beginning, God Is Dead? as well as the classics.

The guy who ratted on you was a dick, even if you were smoking, who is he the concert police? I freaking hate rats!

Suprised I couldn't smell any weed for the first time at a Black Sabbath concert this past Friday. Instead I saw lots of kids with their parents, The guy standing next to me mistaked the mic hanging out of my pocket for a cigarette or something, and called a venue attendant. I only seen the light of a flashlight hit me really briefly, and shortly after the guy next to me apologized, saying "Sorry, I thought you were smoking" A far cry from the big reefer clouds usually at Sabbath shows. God is Dead sounded incredible. Ozzy was very at home with the audience and Tony was pulling out great guitar. Tommy Clufetos was great, a great concert.
http://youtu.be/9c7ToUGi_88
You can hear me blurt something out at exactly 5:58, the crowd was quiet and I yelled out "yeah".

It was my 5th time also, 1997, 1998, 1999, 2005 and last Friday. Seen Heaven and Hell 2 out of my 3 chances also after 2005.

No it was like my 5th time, I got to see all 4 original members twice, the other times it was with Mike Bordin, and this time it was with Tommy Cluefetos of course, they were superb each and every time.

Edited by luvlz2

Sadly enough I never got to see Sabbath with Dio, I wish I would've though, that is one thing I regret not doing in my life, I love the Dio era material. One of my favorite songs is Falling Off The Edge Of The World.

It was my 5th time also, 1997, 1998, 1999, 2005 and last Friday. Seen Heaven and Hell 2 out of my 3 chances also after 2005.

I was strictly a Ozzy, Dio, Gillan Sabbath fan, but recently have grown to like the Hughes/Sabbath and Tony Martin albums, thanks to a friend over at the Sabbath forum who goes by the name Back To Eden, but we call him Doc, I'm listening to the Ray Gillen, Eternal Idol session right now, he was another phenomenal singer.

You are a lucky guy I never got to see Sabbath with Dio, that I regret not doing.

I saw Sabbath with Dio and Gillan a few times and all those shows were great and so were the records they made, never saw them with the others, but Hughes does have a great voice, but seemed a odd match for Tony, their record was ok.

Saw Sabbath ( inc H&H) 4 Times

once with Dio =manchester 1992 dehumanizer tour

original lineup - birmingham 1997

original lineup - Donnington 2005

H&H SHEFFIELD 2007

Off to see them in sheffield 2013

missed Tony Martin line ups which i regret ,but i never seem remember seeing any uk dates

and did nt find out about Ray Gillen line up sheffield gig until afterwards

Ian Gillan line -up was just before my time

I only got to see the original line-up 5 times twice with Bill Ward included, just saw them August 4th.

I hope you have a great time Weslgarlic at the show

Saw Sabbath ( inc H&H) 4 Times

once with Dio =manchester 1992 dehumanizer tour

original lineup - birmingham 1997

original lineup - Donnington 2005

H&H SHEFFIELD 2007

Off to see them in sheffield 2013

missed Tony Martin line ups which i regret ,but i never seem remember seeing any uk dates

and did nt find out about Ray Gillen line up sheffield gig until afterwards

Ian Gillan line -up was just before my time

I have all the Sabbath deluxe editions, I actually prefer the Ray Gillen sessions of Eternal Idol, to the Tony Martin Eternal Idol, release, I have the Earth Demos as well except for the extremely hard to get "Song For Jim"

Cheers , me too ,,hope its not snowing

The Ray Gillen is easy enough to get hold of

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qrzf-8l_mK4

• 2 weeks later...