The Black Sabbath Thread

manderlyh

I just purchased the Deluxe set of Gathered In Their Masses, no bonus tracks though, they have four more unreleased bonus tracks, they said they would release.

4 bonus tracks? Do you mean the 4 bonus tracks that were only on the best buy version of "13"?

4 bonus tracks? Do you mean the 4 bonus tracks that were only on the best buy version of "13"?

No there are 4 more they haven't released, when they recorded 13, they are titled, "Isolated Man" , "Hanging By A Thread" , "Season Of The Dead" and "Cry All Night" the band said they would be released, maybe it will be a future release on some tour edition CD, or something.

I also just purchased the DVD Deluxe set, that comes with the live shows they recorded in Melbourne Australia, you can check it out on their official website, www.blacksabbath.com

No there are 4 more they haven't released, when they recorded 13, they are titled, "Isolated Man" , "Hanging By A Thread" , "Season Of The Dead" and "Cry All Night" the band said they would be released, maybe it will be a future release on some tour edition CD, or something.

I also just purchased the DVD Deluxe set, that comes with the live shows they recorded in Melbourne Australia, you can check it out on their official website, www.blacksabbath.com

I'll have to search those out, thanks OzzyisDio.

• 4 weeks later...

2014 Sabbath dates

Mar. 31 - Brooklyn, NY - Barclays Center

Apr. 03 - Halifax, NS - Metro Centre

Apr. 05 - Quebec City, QC - Colisee Pepsi

Apr. 07 - Montreal, QC - Bell Centre

9th - London, ON - Busweiser Gardens

11th - Hamilton, ON - Copps Coliseum

13th - Ottawa, ON - Canadian Tire Centre

16th - Winnipeg, MB - MTS Centre

18th - Saskatoon, SK - Credit Union Centre

20th - Calgary, AB - Scotiabank Saddledome

22nd - Edmontonm, AB - Rexall Place

26th - Los Angeles, CA - Hollywood Bowl

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/black-sabbath-2014-north-american-tour-dates-announced/

Yeah!- finally a New York show & at Barclays in Brooklyn too! Always wanted to see Sabbath, hopefully I can convince hubby to go, he's not a fan at all.

Hi Stargroves, I'm from Jersey, how is that venue, is it easy to get to, do they have parking? I'd appreciate any info you can provide, I plan on going.

Are you a big Sabbath fan?

Hi Stargroves, I'm from Jersey, how is that venue, is it easy to get to, do they have parking? I'd appreciate any info you can provide, I plan on going.

Are you a big Sabbath fan?

Hi Ozzy :wave:

Actually this (hopefully if I can get tickets) will be my first concert ever at the Barclays Center, so I really don't know too much about the place. Don't know about parking, but the LIRR Brooklyn train evidently stops right across the street from the venue, so if you're coming from Jersey & can get to Penn Station in NYC, you can take a train to Jamaica & switch to the Brooklyn train. I'm from Long Island, so I will be coming from the other way.

I hear the tickets will be going on sale this coming Friday Nov 22 at 10am, haven't heard anything about any kind of presale.

I am becoming a big Sabbath fan, never knew much about them until about 2 years ago when a friend made me a couple of compilation cds & I liked them so much that I've been buying the albums now. 13 is amazing- absolutely love it!

Good luck on getting tix!

Hi Ozzy :wave:

Actually this (hopefully if I can get tickets) will be my first concert ever at the Barclays Center, so I really don't know too much about the place. Don't know about parking, but the LIRR Brooklyn train evidently stops right across the street from the venue, so if you're coming from Jersey & can get to Penn Station in NYC, you can take a train to Jamaica & switch to the Brooklyn train. I'm from Long Island, so I will be coming from the other way.

I hear the tickets will be going on sale this coming Friday Nov 22 at 10am, haven't heard anything about any kind of presale.

I am becoming a big Sabbath fan, never knew much about them until about 2 years ago when a friend made me a couple of compilation cds & I liked them so much that I've been buying the albums now. 13 is amazing- absolutely love it!

Good luck on getting tix!

Thank you for taking the time to reply and giving me this info, I greatly appreciate it Stargroves.

I have everything Sabbath, every single album, bootlegs, VHS tapes, DVD's, I even have some of the Earth demos, that a great and generous friend I met over at the Sabbath forums, gave to me.

Sabbath is extraordinary, not to take away from Zeppelin and in no way any disrespect to this forum or it's members, but nothing comes close to Sabbath for me.

I'm glad you are liking Sabbath and getting into them.

And thanks again Stargroves.

Edited by OzzyIsDio

iommihonorarydegree_638_zps08605898.jpg

Tony Iommi, the lead guitarist of iconic rock band Black Sabbath was among the outstanding individuals who recieved honorary degrees from Coventry University yesterday (Tuesday, November 19).

Iommi, who co-founded Black Sabbath in Birmingham in 1968, and Her Royal Highness Princess Rym Ali will be honoured by the University during its graduation ceremonies in Coventry Cathedral.

Celebrated Coventrian and artist George Shaw - whose haunting depictions of the city's Tile Hill landscape have won him acclaim and a Turner Prize nomination - was also recognized by the institution.

The honorary graduands recieved their commendations in the same week that around 7,000 students are awarded their degrees from the University.

Iommi was awarded an Honorary Doctorate of Arts in recognition of his contribution to the world of popular music, in particular his role as one of the founding fathers of heavy metal music and his status as one of the industry's most influential figures.

Iommi, who headed straight from the graduation ceremony to join Black Sabbath in Helsinki fo the start of their latest European tour, said: "It's a great honor to recieve the doctorate, which comes towards the end of a challenging but amazingly successful year for me."

Professor Madeleine Atkins, vice-chancellor of Coventry University, said: "It's a pleasure to be welcoming these exemplary individuals to our graduation ceremonies to recieve their awards alongside our graduating students. Each of them has excelled in their field in such a way as to be worthy of recognition, and I hope our own students will be inspired by the drive and commitment they have shown throughout their careers."

iommihonorarydegree2_638_zps5141b6ac.jpg

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/video-black-sabbath-guitarist-tony-iommi-receives-honorary-degree/

Edited by luvlz2

I shall be seeing Sabbath on 18th December in Manchester. This will be my last time seeing them as with many other artists I have seen over the past 40+ years. I first saw Sabbath in 1972 and have seen most incarnations across those 4 decades since.