The Black Sabbath Thread

manderlyh

I shall be seeing Sabbath on 18th December in Manchester. This will be my last time seeing them as with many other artists I have seen over the past 40+ years. I first saw Sabbath in 1972 and have seen most incarnations across those 4 decades since.

Wow, you've been there from nearly the beginning, I just got to see the original Sabbath during the reunions in the late 90's and in the 2000's.

I saw Sabbath back in August in New Jersey, they are still great.

You must have a lot of Sabbath memories.

Have fun at the show!

• 2 weeks later...

Did you enjoy the show Ledded1?

I did enjoy it thanks, more than i anticipated. It was good to catch them one last time. For me that is as im cutting downon seeing the old bands from next year. I think after 43 years of gig going its time to reduce the gigging. But i have seen so many great bands in my time i cant complain.

Hope you like the vids.

Thanks for the vid Zepscoda.

You're very welcome......I knew Wakeman played on the Sabbath Bloody Sabbath album, but I never realized that he and Tony are such good friends. That is the best interview I've seen him do.

Edited by zepscoda

• 3 weeks later...

I like the stuff with Ronnie James Dio, not really a fan of Ozzy...

dio was the real deal !

ozzy didnt even write most of the lyrics he sung in black sabbath!

geezer wrote the lyrics for ozzy while in sabbath for the most part!

that should be COMMON KNOWLEDGE to real sabbath fans but suprizingly its NEW NEWS to many !

still i love ozzys fist 2 solo albums AGAIN come to find out it was a cover up , ozzy didnt come up with much himself

BUT omg ! great albums ! so i guess i cant help but like him to some extent !

bill-ward-says-hes-still-a-member-of-black-sabbath

The drummer has clarified his situation.

Ward claims he's still technically part of the band, despite being replaced on their new album and current world tour.

He recently told Guitar International:

"It was one of the toughest decisions that I ever had to make. Because I absolutely and without question wanted to play. I haven't left the band. Everybody thinks I have left the band. I didn't walk out; it wasn't like that at all! I just didn't sign the contract and life took its own course.

http://www.planetrock.com/news/rock-news/bill-ward-says-hes-still-a-member-of-black-sabbath/

SHAME on them for goin ahead with 13 without BILL! esp since it was or could be the last chance for the original line up &i whata big difference im the sory of their legacy compaired to ZEPs!

for example :

Zep would NEVER have cut any band members face out of EVERY PICTURE ON THEIR OFFICIL WEBSITE!

i bet sharon had ALOT to do with such matters somehow!

yoko was inocent COMPAIRED TO

VALERIE to VAN HALEN!

&

SHARON likely is to BLACK SABBATH!

ive heard terrible things shes done from the guys from IRON MADEN !

Don't believe everything you hear.

Bill only has himself to blame, the show had to go on.

Plus if you look at Bill's past history you'll see his unreliability.

What OzzyIsDio said...

I wish Bill Ward was involved too.. But he backed out... yet again...

What OzzyIsDio said...

I wish Bill Ward was involved too.. But he backed out... yet again...

+3. Bill removed himself from proceedings long after the reunion announcement had been made and many of the demos worked out. Sabbath carried on and honored their commitments, which was the right thing to do. Bill is a great guy, but he has also been the single weakest link in Sabbath. He has left them high and dry many times before. They did the right thing by accepting Bill's decision to leave, and then moving forward with their commitments. Edited by The Dark Lord

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...