The Black Sabbath Thread

manderlyh

I'm going to the Sabbath show Monday night in Brooklyn, this will be my first time seeing them & looking forward to it!

Have a great time Stargroves, let us know how it was, you'll have a great time, you will see.

Edited by OzzyIsDio

1.Sabbath Bloody Sabbath

2.Black Sabbath

3.Vol 4

4.Paranoid

5.Never Say Die

6.Sabbotage

7.Master Of Reality

8.Mob Rules

9.Heaven And Hell

10.Technical Ecstasy

11.Seventh Star

12.Born Again

13.Eternal Idol

14.Dehumanizer

15.TYR

16.Headless Cross

17.Cross Purposes

18.Forbidden

19. 13

Have a great time Stargroves, let us know how it was, you'll have a great time, you will see.

Enjoy the concert Stargroves Tangie!

Thanks guys- only 2 more days can't wait, this is gonna be awesome!

Just reading jimm's post above, he posted his rankings of all the Sabbath albums- sorta surprised that he put "13" at the bottom of the list, I thought it was an excellent album.

Thanks guys- only 2 more days can't wait, this is gonna be awesome!

Just reading jimm's post above, he posted his rankings of all the Sabbath albums- sorta surprised that he put "13" at the bottom of the list, I thought it was an excellent album.

It is excellent Stargroves, I listen to it everyday.

What is your favorite era may I ask?

It is excellent Stargroves, I listen to it everyday.

What is your favorite era may I ask?

My fave is the Ozzy era, for me that is the classic Sabbath.

So where will you place 13 on your list?

Ok, first let me say that I'm not totally familiar with all the Sabbath albums- I have Black Sabbath, Paranoid, the We Sold Our Souls compilation & Heaven and Hell, plus a couple of cds a friend burned for me with songs taken from all Ozzy era albums (but I'm not sure what albums some of them are from). But if I made a list, I would put 13 after most of the early albums but ahead of Never Say Die & Technical Ecstasy.

Just curious- what didn't you like about 13 that you put it last?

My fave is the Ozzy era, for me that is the classic Sabbath.

Ok, first let me say that I'm not totally familiar with all the Sabbath albums- I have Black Sabbath, Paranoid, the We Sold Our Souls compilation & Heaven and Hell, plus a couple of cds a friend burned for me with songs taken from all Ozzy era albums (but I'm not sure what albums some of them are from). But if I made a list, I would put 13 after most of the early albums but ahead of Never Say Die & Technical Ecstasy.

Just curious- what didn't you like about 13 that you put it last?

The Ozzy era is my favorite era as well the classic Sabbath like you put it.

13 is phenomenal, have a great time tomorrow Stargroves, and please let us know how the concert was, and if you got any souvenirs.

ENJOY!!!!!

Last night I saw Sabbath at the Barclays Center in Brooklyn- and today I am still awestruck.... what a show!!!

Even though it was the first show on this leg of the tour, they were tight & spot on. I don't think Ozzy has ever sounded better.

They came out around 8:30 (didn't care for the opening act Reignwolf just sounded like a bunch of noise to me) and played for 2 hours:

War Pigs

Into The Void

Under The Sun

Snowblind

Age Of Reason

Black Sabbath

Behind The Wall of Sleep

NIB

End Of The Beginning

Fairies Wear Boots

Rat Salad

Iron Man

God Is Dead?

Dirty Women

Children of the Grave

encore- Paranoid

I thought the set list was good, mixing in the new songs from 13 with old classics (although I would have liked them to do Live Forever from 13 & Sweet Leaf, Megalomania & Symptom Of The Universe from the older albums).

I noticed when Tommy C started his drum solo, 1 guy in front of me stood up & was giving the thumbs down sign. I know there's controversy between Bill Ward & Sabbath but IMO it shouldn't be taken out on Tommy.

But all in all it was an amazing show & even though I considered myself a fan before I now have a deeper appreciation for them & I plan to get the albums that I don't have. And my husband, who only a couple of days ago was complaining that I was "dragging" him to this show he didn't want to go to, absolutely loved it & said it was one of the best concerts he's ever seen.

Stargroves, I am glad you enjoyed the show, I told you, you would.

If you want to get the entire Ozzy era Sabbath, there is a Box set being released April 15th, that you can pre-order now on amazon for less than $50 bucks, not a bad deal, I posted a picture of it on this thread if you want to check it out.

Edited by OzzyIsDio

Last night I saw Sabbath at the Barclays Center in Brooklyn- and today I am still awestruck.... what a show!!!

Even though it was the first show on this leg of the tour, they were tight & spot on. I don't think Ozzy has ever sounded better.

They came out around 8:30 (didn't care for the opening act Reignwolf just sounded like a bunch of noise to me) and played for 2 hours:

War Pigs

Into The Void

Under The Sun

Snowblind

Age Of Reason

Black Sabbath

Behind The Wall of Sleep

NIB

End Of The Beginning

Fairies Wear Boots

Rat Salad

Iron Man

God Is Dead?

Dirty Women

Children of the Grave

encore- Paranoid

I thought the set list was good, mixing in the new songs from 13 with old classics (although I would have liked them to do Live Forever from 13 & Sweet Leaf, Megalomania & Symptom Of The Universe from the older albums).

I noticed when Tommy C started his drum solo, 1 guy in front of me stood up & was giving the thumbs down sign. I know there's controversy between Bill Ward & Sabbath but IMO it shouldn't be taken out on Tommy.

But all in all it was an amazing show & even though I considered myself a fan before I now have a deeper appreciation for them & I plan to get the albums that I don't have. And my husband, who only a couple of days ago was complaining that I was "dragging" him to this show he didn't want to go to, absolutely loved it & said it was one of the best concerts he's ever seen.

Cool! Glad you loved the show. OzzyisDio and I are big Sabbath fans. I'm flying half way across Canada in 18 days to see two consecutive shows, and I saw them in August 2013 as well. Buy those albums!

OID, tell us about that box that you just bought (above). I haven't seen that one before.

Edited by The Dark Lord

@ Dark Lord, it's Sabbath's 8 Ozzy era albums reproduced on CD to their original vinyl album counterparts, inserts, lyrics and posters that came with the original vinyl albums.

The CD's are stored in mini replicas of the original albums and there is a 16 page booklet of Ozzy era Sabbath photos.

These are the Sanctuary releases, and are remastered.

Hope this was helpful Dark Lord.

@ Dark Lord, it's Sabbath's 8 Ozzy era albums reproduced on CD to their original vinyl album counterparts, inserts, lyrics and posters that came with the original vinyl albums.

The CD's are stored in mini replicas of the original albums and there is a 16 page booklet of Ozzy era Sabbath photos.

These are the Sanctuary releases, and are remastered.

Hope this was helpful Dark Lord.

You're always helpful bud, including yesterday at the other place :). Did you buy on Amazon?

Edited by The Dark Lord

1.Sabbath Bloody Sabbath

2.Black Sabbath

3.Vol 4

4.Paranoid

5.Never Say Die

6.Sabotage

7.Master Of Reality

8.Mob Rules

9.Heaven And Hell

10.Technical Ecstasy

11.Seventh Star