The Black Sabbath Thread

manderlyh

Stargroves, I am glad you enjoyed the show, I told you, you would.

If you want to get the entire Ozzy era Sabbath, there is a Box set being released April 15th, that you can pre-order now on amazon for less than $50 bucks, not a bad deal, I posted a picture of it on this thread if you want to check it out.

Thanks for letting me know about this new box set Ozzy, just ordered it :thumbsup:

Cool! Glad you loved the show. OzzyisDio and I are big Sabbath fans. I'm flying half way across Canada in 18 days to see two consecutive shows, and I saw them in August 2013 as well. Buy those albums!

OID, tell us about that box that you just bought (above). I haven't seen that one before.

Dark Lord, that's so cool that you will be doing that, how many times have you seen Sabbath?

I think today was the release date of the Black Sabbath box set, supposedly mine will be arriving tomorrow- looking forward to it!

Yes it was Stargroves, it's a simple box set, with no inserts, but it's a great deal for the whole Ozzy era albums, minus Reunion and 13.

I hope you enjoy them.

Yes I did- very nicely packaged, I like the way the insert sleeves are exactly like the original vinyl album sleeves. Haven't had time to listen to them yet, think I will start from the first album & listen to them in order.

I'm glad to hear you're happy with the box set Stargroves.

• 2 weeks later...

I`m more Ozzy era Sabbath. the Dio albums there are only two I`ve gotten Heaven and Hell/ Mob Rules oh and Live Evil. But its Black Sabbath to Never Say Die, what you all think about 13... I`ve also say Ozzy`s solo album are classic`s

I`m going of the rails on a GRAZY TRIAN........

I`m more Ozzy era Sabbath. the Dio albums there are only two I`ve gotten Heaven and Hell/ Mob Rules oh and Live Evil. But its Black Sabbath to Never Say Die, what you all think about 13... I`ve also say Ozzy`s solo album are classic`s

I`m going of the rails on a GRAZY TRIAN........

tomorrow is the day you where worrying about yesterday...

@ Geekfreak,

I have every single Black Sabbath record, but yeah Ozzy era is my favorite era, love all the Dio/Sabbath albums, that goes for the Heaven And Hell-The Devil You Know album, which to me it's Black Sabbath Mark III line-up, Born Again with Gillan is also very Good, the Hughes and Martin albums take a little getting used to, but there is a lot of good stuff on those albums as well.

13 is absolutely frigging EXCELLENT, AWESOME!!!!!

• 2 weeks later...

This is going to sound odd, but I own 1000 albums on CD and a 1000 albums on vinyl, and yet I don't have a single Black Sabbath album in my collection, and almost everyone I know has at least 1 album by the band, and has seen them live and so on. I just never got into them, and not really sure why. Besides Iron Man is there a tune or tunes anyone would say I should check out?

Edited by Charles J. White

This is going to sound odd, but I own 1000 albums on CD and a 1000 albums on vinyl, and yet I don't have a single Black Sabbath album in my collection, and almost everyone I know has at least 1 album by the band, and has seen them live and so on. I just never got into them, and not really sure why. Besides Iron Man is there a tune or tunes anyone would say I should check out?

You should check out their first disc - self titled - 'Black Sabbath'. Title track, NIB, The Wizard, etc. Great disc! 'Paranoid' is another great one, with a number of "radio friendly" songs on it that you may already have heard. Enjoy!

Check out, The Warning, Hand Of Doom, After Forever, Under The Sun, Spiral Architect, Megalomania, She's Gone, A Hard Road.

A song from each album, starting with their eponymous self titled Debut, of course you must listen to the eponymous song Black Sabbath.

Edited by OzzyIsDio

• 3 weeks later...