The Black Sabbath Thread

manderlyh

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Been getting more into Black Sabbath lately. Own Paranoid and the first album and Master of Reality. I've been wondering for awhile, how do you pronounce Tony Iommi's last name? I'm pretty sure I've heard it pronounced different ways.

I've always pronounced it 'eye-oh-me'.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xD1I-m4jonw&index=9&list=WL

^^^10:46-13:30 :bravo:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=clySTJtd81c&index=9&list=PL9vnEauZAaXCN7bnxur_Wi25_IYFAPoOQ

A must see for every Sabbath fan.^^^

Edited by Sathington Willoughby

Black Sabbath Guitarist Tony Iommi Begins Job As Teacher

According to The Pulse Of Radio, Black Sabbath guitarist Tony Iommi has posted photos online from his first day on the job as a teacher at Coventry University in the U.K. Iommi began his stint as a professor of music last Wednesday (September 24) and posted pictures of a class session as well as an autograph line where he signed things for students.

Iommi was appointed Visiting Professor of Music last June at the university, which awarded him with an Honorary Doctorate Of Arts in November of last year for his outstanding contribution to global music. He toured the facilities in May and spent some time during that visit talking with students and staff about his 50 years as a musician.

Department Of Performing Arts head Dr. Sara Reed said, 'It is a temendous honor to have Tony here with us as a Visiting Professor. His huge wealth of experience and musical knowledge is beyond value to our students."

Iommi will work this fall directly with students on their songwriting and composition skills.

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/black-sabbath-guitarist-tony-iommi-begins-job-as-teacher/

post-15049-0-88164400-1412037953_thumb.j

post-15049-0-18446000-1412038077_thumb.j

post-15049-0-36370500-1412038121_thumb.j

post-15049-0-89052900-1412038180_thumb.j

Edited by luvlz2

Heavy metal legends Black Sabbath will begin work on a new studio album in 2015, to be followed by one final tour.

http://metalhammer.teamrock.com/news/2014-09-29/world-exclusive-black-sabbath-to-record-new-album

Been listening to 13 a lot lately and I think it's a damm good album and I am totally confident their next one will be just as hot...

Edited by luvlz2

Just got my wearyourmusic bracelet, made from one of Iommi's guitar strings! I think it's pretty and I'm also wearing it as a good luck charm (I don't really believe in luck, but I the symbolism has meaning, and that is powerful, imo). Sorry the photos are out of focus--can't figure out how to do the closeups. The strings are wound around the little copper coils and there's a silver fastener stamped T.I. Also a guitar pick charm.

post-24823-0-52895200-1412888977_thumb.j

post-24823-0-65419700-1412888994_thumb.j

13 is a real grower.When I first bought it I felt a bit underwhelmed by it.I then remembered they were going for that early sludge,doomy sound,not the high gloss of later lps.Tony Iommi 's sound changed around Sabbath Bloody Sabbath.So did Geezer's bass and i was expecting that kind of sound.This album could have been made in the early 70smy favourite era.I am really givingit a big spin now.

13 is a real grower.When I first bought it I felt a bit underwhelmed by it.I then remembered they were going for that early sludge,doomy sound,not the high gloss of later lps.Tony Iommi 's sound changed around Sabbath Bloody Sabbath.So did Geezer's bass and i was expecting that kind of sound.This album could have been made in the early 70smy favourite era.I am really givingit a big spin now.

Yeah, I'm with you - 13 is an awesome "early" sounding disc. They captured Ozzy's vocals very well and each instrument is so present in the mix. Amazing how they and Van Halen could come out with such genuine sounding discs at the twilight of their careers - with their original singers - after so many years had passed since their last studio release.

Edited by Walter

Zac Brown screwed up the lyrics horribly, didn't he?

Perhaps the lyrics are above his literacy level?? I thought it was criminal. "War Pigs" has some of the best rock lyrics...not to be screwed with.

Dave Grohl can't sing; should stick to playing drums.

Too many guitars and needless to say none of them sounded like Tony Iommi.

They couldn't do an original song? I don't even know who Zac Brown is actually.

Perhaps the lyrics are above his literacy level?? I thought it was criminal. "War Pigs" has some of the best rock lyrics...not to be screwed with.

Dave Grohl can't sing; should stick to playing drums.

Too many guitars and needless to say none of them sounded like Tony Iommi.

They couldn't do an original song? I don't even know who Zac Brown is actually.

I agree. He's a super cool guy, but his singing is pretty bleh.