Jump to content

The Black Sabbath Thread


manderlyh
 Share

Recommended Posts

'Black Sabbath: The Illustrated Lyrics Vol. 1' Book Now Available

 

The Royal Publisher Of Oz has announced the availability of its new publication, "Black Sabbath: The Illustrated Lyrics Vol. 1: Supernatural Horror In Literature". The book is available on Amazon and via special-order in retail stores, as well as via wholesale.

 

Black Sabbath is one of the most successful and beloved rock bands of all time, having sold over 75 million albums worldwide, and notable for not only spawning several rock subgenres, including heavy metal, stoner and doom, but for delving into dark subject matter, stinging social criticism and apocalyptic warnings of the future. In their 2006 induction in the Rock And Roll Hall of Fame, Black Sabbath was noted for having "pursued such themes as war, social chaos, the supernatural, the afterlife, and the timeless conflict between good and evil." The intense musical synergy of Geezer Butler, Tony Iommi, Ozzy Osbourne and Bill Ward saw the creation of eight iconic albums that have stood the test of time, remaining as powerful, haunting and relevant now as they were when they were first released between 1970 and 1978. "Black Sabbath: The Illustrated Lyrics Vol. 1: Supernatural Horror In Literature" provides an in-depth analysis of every song and theme found on their self-titled debut album, as well as the early "lost" songs they performed (and even recorded) from 1968-9, during the period when they went from Earth to Black Sabbath.

 

For decades, Black Sabbath's lyrics have been misheard, misunderstood and misinterpreted. The Rock And Roll Hall of Fame says "they remain one of the most misunderstood  bands in rock history." Here, at last, is the definitive analysis of the band's soul-searing messages and themes! The first in a series of eight books, "Black Sabbath: The Illustrated Lyrics", written by Joe Bonglorno, goes beneath the surface where few have gone before to uncover the truth behind the greatest musical force to ever storm the earth!

 

"Vol. 1: Supernatural Horror In Music" contains:

 

- An in-depth analysis of every lyric from their debut album "Black Sabbath", as well as seven "lost" songs from 1968-9.

 

- Over 170 powerful and haunting images from some of the greatest names in the world of art, from contemporary visionaries to arcane masters of old, as well as rarely seen photos of the band.

 

- Parts 1 and 2 of the essay exploring Black Sabbath's "Musical and Cultural Influences," as well on essays on the interpretive process and significance of lyrics.

 

- A revised libretto for every lyric that corrects the many mistakes that have crept in over the years.

 

- Edited by the creator of the "Philosophy And Popular Culture" series, William Irwin, who produced the book "Black Sabbath And Philosophy", and Rich Handley, creator of Hasslein Books, publisher of genre-based reference books.

 

blacksabbathillustratedlyricsbook.thumb.

link

Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 hours ago, luvlz2 said:

'Black Sabbath: The Illustrated Lyrics Vol. 1' Book Now Available

 

The Royal Publisher Of Oz has announced the availability of its new publication, "Black Sabbath: The Illustrated Lyrics Vol. 1: Supernatural Horror In Literature". The book is available on Amazon and via special-order in retail stores, as well as via wholesale.

 

Black Sabbath is one of the most successful and beloved rock bands of all time, having sold over 75 million albums worldwide, and notable for not only spawning several rock subgenres, including heavy metal, stoner and doom, but for delving into dark subject matter, stinging social criticism and apocalyptic warnings of the future. In their 2006 induction in the Rock And Roll Hall of Fame, Black Sabbath was noted for having "pursued such themes as war, social chaos, the supernatural, the afterlife, and the timeless conflict between good and evil." The intense musical synergy of Geezer Butler, Tony Iommi, Ozzy Osbourne and Bill Ward saw the creation of eight iconic albums that have stood the test of time, remaining as powerful, haunting and relevant now as they were when they were first released between 1970 and 1978. "Black Sabbath: The Illustrated Lyrics Vol. 1: Supernatural Horror In Literature" provides an in-depth analysis of every song and theme found on their self-titled debut album, as well as the early "lost" songs they performed (and even recorded) from 1968-9, during the period when they went from Earth to Black Sabbath.

 

For decades, Black Sabbath's lyrics have been misheard, misunderstood and misinterpreted. The Rock And Roll Hall of Fame says "they remain one of the most misunderstood  bands in rock history." Here, at last, is the definitive analysis of the band's soul-searing messages and themes! The first in a series of eight books, "Black Sabbath: The Illustrated Lyrics", written by Joe Bonglorno, goes beneath the surface where few have gone before to uncover the truth behind the greatest musical force to ever storm the earth!

 

"Vol. 1: Supernatural Horror In Music" contains:

 

- An in-depth analysis of every lyric from their debut album "Black Sabbath", as well as seven "lost" songs from 1968-9.

 

- Over 170 powerful and haunting images from some of the greatest names in the world of art, from contemporary visionaries to arcane masters of old, as well as rarely seen photos of the band.

 

- Parts 1 and 2 of the essay exploring Black Sabbath's "Musical and Cultural Influences," as well on essays on the interpretive process and significance of lyrics.

 

- A revised libretto for every lyric that corrects the many mistakes that have crept in over the years.

 

- Edited by the creator of the "Philosophy And Popular Culture" series, William Irwin, who produced the book "Black Sabbath And Philosophy", and Rich Handley, creator of Hasslein Books, publisher of genre-based reference books.

 

blacksabbathillustratedlyricsbook.thumb.

link

Thanks for the info, so they are going to release a book for each album, from Black Sabbath to Never Say Die! ?

 

Any links where I could get more info besides Amazon?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, BledZabbath said:

Thanks for the info, so they are going to release a book for each album, from Black Sabbath to Never Say Die! ?

 

Any links where I could get more info besides Amazon?

blacksabbathlyrics.net

https://www.prlog.org/12536402-the-royal-publisher-of-oz-to-release-black-sabbath-the-illustrated-lyrics-vol-1-now.html

Link to comment
Share on other sites

So I thought I'd post some pics of my swag from my VIP package...it was a photo book that also included some tickets and flyers to Sabbath concerts over the years, some guitar picks, a pendant that I'm unlikely to wear and something called a "commemorative ticket" which didn't quite make sense to me as I had an actual ticket which was just a printout from Ticketmaster...The book is nice and I'm experimenting with the picks. I found out that if I'd bought the really expensive VIP package it would have included a sound check during which they may have played "Symptom of the Universe" but I've only got so much cash...

IMG_0196.JPG

IMG_0193.JPG

IMG_0194.JPG

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, ScarletMacaw said:

So I thought I'd post some pics of my swag from my VIP package...it was a photo book that also included some tickets and flyers to Sabbath concerts over the years, some guitar picks, a pendant that I'm unlikely to wear and something called a "commemorative ticket" which didn't quite make sense to me as I had an actual ticket which was just a printout from Ticketmaster...The book is nice and I'm experimenting with the picks. I found out that if I'd bought the really expensive VIP package it would have included a sound check during which they may have played "Symptom of the Universe" but I've only got so much cash...

IMG_0196.JPG

IMG_0193.JPG

IMG_0194.JPG

  • Awesome Miss Scarlet! :D Rock Crazy! You're awesome! Thank you mucho! Keep on rockin' till forever!
Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 hours ago, ScarletMacaw said:

So I thought I'd post some pics of my swag from my VIP package...it was a photo book that also included some tickets and flyers to Sabbath concerts over the years, some guitar picks, a pendant that I'm unlikely to wear and something called a "commemorative ticket" which didn't quite make sense to me as I had an actual ticket which was just a printout from Ticketmaster...The book is nice and I'm experimenting with the picks. I found out that if I'd bought the really expensive VIP package it would have included a sound check during which they may have played "Symptom of the Universe" but I've only got so much cash...

 

That's cool Scarlet.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On ‎3‎/‎5‎/‎2016 at 10:46 PM, ScarletMacaw said:

So I thought I'd post some pics of my swag from my VIP package...it was a photo book that also included some tickets and flyers to Sabbath concerts over the years, some guitar picks, a pendant that I'm unlikely to wear and something called a "commemorative ticket" which didn't quite make sense to me as I had an actual ticket which was just a printout from Ticketmaster...The book is nice and I'm experimenting with the picks. I found out that if I'd bought the really expensive VIP package it would have included a sound check during which they may have played "Symptom of the Universe" but I've only got so much cash...

 

 

Nice Scarlet, I didn't know you were such a big Sabbath fan, thank you for sharing!

Edited by BledZabbath
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On ‎3‎/‎5‎/‎2016 at 9:46 PM, ScarletMacaw said:

So I thought I'd post some pics of my swag from my VIP package...it was a photo book that also included some tickets and flyers to Sabbath concerts over the years, some guitar picks, a pendant that I'm unlikely to wear and something called a "commemorative ticket" which didn't quite make sense to me as I had an actual ticket which was just a printout from Ticketmaster...The book is nice and I'm experimenting with the picks. I found out that if I'd bought the really expensive VIP package it would have included a sound check during which they may have played "Symptom of the Universe" but I've only got so much cash...

IMG_0196.JPG

IMG_0193.JPG

IMG_0194.JPG

Very nice!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 4 weeks later...
19 hours ago, Marmalade_Skies said:

Always loved their material.  Them coming back together 40 years later and releasing "13" (one of their best albums) was totally unexpected.

Glad you like Sabbath, Marmalade, good album but not one of their best, but certainly better than anything post Never Say Die!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Seems there is no more Black Sabbath.

Earlier this morning it was announced that the remaining dates of the tour have been cancelled. By now it seems that the truth behind it is that Sharon Osbourne fired both Geezer Butler and Tony Iommi due to "personal difficulties" as she stated in a press conference later that day.

The full press conference can be viewed here

http://www.zombo.com/

Edited by reswati
Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 hours ago, BledZabbath said:

Glad you like Sabbath, Marmalade, good album but not one of their best, but certainly better than anything post Never Say Die!

I liked their stretch from Master of Reality to SBS best, although Vol. 4 is a mixed bag. NSD was a pleasant surprise, as was 13, but I'll stick with the 3 I mentioned here.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

57 minutes ago, The Rover 75 said:

I liked their stretch from Master of Reality to SBS best, although Vol. 4 is a mixed bag. NSD was a pleasant surprise, as was 13, but I'll stick with the 3 I mentioned here.

Great albums Rover, I love the entire great eight, nothing comes close to them.

Except 13.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, reswati said:

Seems there is no more Black Sabbath.

Earlier this morning it was announced that the remaining dates of the tour have been cancelled. By now it seems that the truth behind it is that Sharon Osbourne fired both Geezer Butler and Tony Iommi due to "personal difficulties" as she stated in a press conference later that day.

The full press conference can be viewed here

http://www.zombo.com/

Good April Fools joke, reswati.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 5 months later...

New job requirements forced us to miss Rival Sons but I saw Black Sabbath a few hours ago in Phoenix at the outdoor AK-Chin Pavilion. It was supposed to rain but didn't. We had covered seating. Tony, Geezer, Ozzy and Tommy sounded great and I was glad to be there for their final concert in Phoenix. Really enjoyed it. Tony was getting a lot of Tony chants from the crowd, it was great.  I have to say Tommy Clufetos was on fire, great drum solo!

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...