Jump to content

The Black Sabbath Thread


manderlyh
 Share

Recommended Posts

11 minutes ago, RainbowElf said:

Yeah it looks that way, doesn't it JohnOsbourne, I already have Asbury Park NJ 75 twice on bootleg, nice sounding too.

If they ever released the legendary jam w/Zep which likely happened during the Sabbath, Bloody Sabbath sessions (well, not so much a jam as noodling about in the studio, but still), that would be big news.

Edited by JohnOsbourne
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, JohnOsbourne said:

If they ever released the legendary jam w/Zep which likely happened during the Sabbath, Bloody Sabbath sessions (well, not so much a jam as noodling about in the studio, but still), that would be big news.

Black Zeppelin, that would be awesome to get that as an extra,

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 3 months later...

Call me blinkered, but for me Sabbath aint Sabbath without Ozzy. Same as Skynyrd without Ronnie, Queen without Freddie, Purple without Gillan.

Just my own opinion for what its worth. 

Some might disagree, but that's ok. Each to his own. 

I generally prefer to listen to the first Sabbath albums up to Sabotage. Technical Ecstacy and Never Say Die I never really rated as highly as the earlier albums

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 hours ago, Aitch58 said:

Call me blinkered, but for me Sabbath aint Sabbath without Ozzy. Same as Skynyrd without Ronnie, Queen without Freddie, Purple without Gillan.

Just my own opinion for what its worth. 

Some might disagree, but that's ok. Each to his own. 

I generally prefer to listen to the first Sabbath albums up to Sabotage. Technical Ecstacy and Never Say Die I never really rated as highly as the earlier albums

Never Say Die is terrible, I agree, but you should definitely give Technical Ecstasy a second listen.  I used to dislike it too, but I now realize it's akin to their Presence album, a definite negative vibe but some real emotion and great playing there.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 8/5/2021 at 10:06 PM, JohnOsbourne said:

Never Say Die is terrible, I agree, but you should definitely give Technical Ecstasy a second listen.  I used to dislike it too, but I now realize it's akin to their Presence album, a definite negative vibe but some real emotion and great playing there.

Never Say Die! is one of my favorite Sabbath albums.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 8/16/2021 at 8:13 AM, RainbowElf said:

Never Say Die! is one of my favorite Sabbath albums.

I kind of rank it similarly to ITTOD;  there are some great individual songs, but collectively it shows a band that just doesn't know where they're going.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 8/17/2021 at 9:09 PM, JohnOsbourne said:

I kind of rank it similarly to ITTOD;  there are some great individual songs, but collectively it shows a band that just doesn't know where they're going.

I like it and the album cover art.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 3 weeks later...

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...