The Black Sabbath Thread

manderlyh

Ian Gillian really does a good job on vocals.

Mr Grover 'n' Mr Gillian

You musta made a million

The night that Frank Zappa caught on fire! :D

Sorry, his name is Gillan. :)

The above is from the Deep Purple song "MTV" where he has a little dig at the media for only wanting to talk about the past and getting their names wrong.

Has anyone here heard the live Sabbath album Past Lives? I listen to this more than the albums now.

To me these were Sabbaths finest albums, I havent heard much of the Ronnie James Dio era so carnt pass comment on this work.

Sabbath Bloody Sabbath

Volume 4

Masters of reality

Shame there image hasnt been looked after like that of Zeppelin since there split in 78.

Shame there image hasnt been looked after like that of Zeppelin since there split in 78.

Their "image hasn't been looked after"? Not sure what you mean by that. They've headlined Ozzfest and have been inducted into the Rock n' Roll Hall of Fame. Black Sabbath have always been a bit of the black sheep of rock n' roll if that's what you mean but it's a role they play well.

Ive always hated comparisons between the two Zeppelin and Sabbath, in Hammer Of The Gods Sabbath are tlaked about been just anohter Zeppelin rip off band. This i think is unfair because they had their own unqiue sound.

Shame there sint a decent DVD release of Sabbath, I own the Never Say Die concert by Sanctuary but this is hardly them at their best. Has anyone seen the Black Sabbath Story DVDS? wish they would release a decent live represenatation of them from the early 70s.

Ive always hated comparisons between the two Zeppelin and Sabbath, in Hammer Of The Gods Sabbath are tlaked about been just anohter Zeppelin rip off band. This i think is unfair because they had their own unqiue sound.

Shame there sint a decent DVD release of Sabbath, I own the Never Say Die concert by Sanctuary but this is hardly them at their best. Has anyone seen the Black Sabbath Story DVDS? wish they would release a decent live represenatation of them from the early 70s.

That's all well and good but what does it have to do with Sabbath's "image not being looked after"?

To my ears Zep and Sabbath have two very distinct sounds but both can engage in some foreboding musical excursions that make the hairs on the back of your neck stand up. Even then, I don't see any real similarity.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
What can I say?

They're fucking excellent and you're a moron if you don't like em!

:beer:

I was on the prowl like a hungry cat, looking for a quote to quote. As you can tell by my username, avatar and signature, I'm not a moron. He he.

I love of course the Ozzy era most, but also all the other eras. There are many great moments in all the various incarnations.

When I think of bands like Zeppelin, Sabbath, Purple, Rainbow, etc, I get a bit depressed. They don't make music like this anymore.

• 2 weeks later...
The Pope comments on Ozzy Osbourne: "Just vile and disgusting, he should be ashamed. Don't get me wrong, I loved him when he was in Sabbath.." B)

The Pope had better shut his mouth up esp in areas he's NOT familiar with and that is THE ART OF MUSIC.....it's about time someone told HIM off!!! :) :)

yr0406.gif

Edited by dragster

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...